Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Heart Wrenching E-Mail Concerning Lutheran Missionaries In Syria/Iraq

Our pastor forwarded this e-mail to the congregation today. It is from the Lutheran (Missouri Synod) headquarters in Kansas City. It is diificult to fathom. I am sure I do not have the courage and dedication these brave families do.

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:22 AM, ***** *. ******<******* ******@chickasaw.net> wrote:

Kathie, please forward this to our Prayer Chain. Dan & Marilyn Wilson are Lutheran missionaries being impacted by the deadly slaughter of innocent children by ISIS. Please read the e-mail/prayer request which was forwarded by our OK District Secretary.

Thanks!

Pastor

Just received in our KS district office.
    Please pray for this urgent request.
    Prayer Request from Dan and Marilyn Wilson Missionaries who are in the areas that are being attacked by ISIS are asking to be showered in prayer. ISIS has taken over the town they are in today. He said ISIS is systematically going house to house to all the Christians and asking the children to denounce Jesus. He said so far not one child has. And so far all have consequently been killed. But not the parents. The UN has withdrawn and the missionaries are on their own. They are determined to stick it out for the sake of the families - even if it means their own deaths. They are very afraid, have no idea how to even begin ministering to these families who have had seen their children martyred. Yet he says he knows God has called them for some reason to be His voice and hands at this place at this time. Even so, they are begging for prayers for courage to live out their vocation in such dire circumstances. And like the children, accept martyrdom if they are called to do so. These brave parents instilled such a fervent faith in their children that they chose martyrdom. Please surround them in their loss with your prayers for hope and perseverance.

One missionary was able to talk to her brother briefly by phone. She didn't say it, but I believe she believes it will be their last conversation. Pray for her too. She said he just kept asking her to help him know what to do and do it. She told him to tell the families we ARE praying for them and they are not alone or forgotten -- no matter what. Please keep them all in your prayers.

This came this morning...
    Just a few minutes ago I received the following text message on my phone from Sean Malone who leads Crisis Relief International (CRI). We then spoke briefly on the phone and I assured him that we would share this urgent prayer need with all of our contacts.
    "We lost the city of Queragosh (Qaraqosh). It fell to ISIS and they are beheading children systematically. This is the city we have been smuggling food to. ISIS has pushed back Peshmerga (Kurdish forces) and is within 10 minutes of where our CRI team is working. Thousands more fled into the city of Erbil last night. The UN evacuated its staff in Erbil. Our team is unmoved and will stay. Prayer cover needed!" Please pray sincerely for the deliverance of the people of Northern Iraq from the terrible advancement of ISIS and its extreme Islamic goals for mass conversion or death for Christians across this region. May I plead with you not to ignore this email. Do not forward it before you have prayed through it. Then send it to as many people as possible. Send it to friends and Christians you may know. Send it to your prayer group. Send it to your pastor and phone him/her to pray on Sunday during the service - making a special time of prayer for this. We need to stand in the gap for our fellow Christians.

Thank you for all your prayers !!!!
    Dr. Becky Peters
    Professor of Education
    Director of Lutheran Teaching Programs,
    Colloquy, & Lutheran Placement
    Concordia University Irvine
    949-xxx-xxxx

J***** H******
    Admin. Assistant to President Henke
    Oklahoma District, LCMS
    PO Box 70
    Owasso, OK 74055
    Email: ******@aol.com
    Phone/Fax: 918-xxx-xxxx
    www.okdistlcms.org

This email message, including any attachments, originates from the Oklahoma District Office of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/10/2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Heart Wrenching E-Mail Concerning Lutheran Missionaries In Syria/Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Our pastor forwarded this e-mail to the congregation today. It is from the Lutheran (Missouri Synod) headquarters in Kansas City. It is diificult to fathom. I am sure I do not have the courage and dedication these brave families do.
    prayers to the folks.

After seeing the email with be-headings...it's truly a horror. They don't just swing a big sword...it's a hand knife they pull the eye's back and cut. These people are truly gutless.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

It's bad enough that adults are subjected to this brutality but the fact that they are doing this to children is just unfathomable. I'd like to criticize Obama for his inaction but then Turkey sits a few hundred yards away and Saudi Arabia, who created this Fankenstein Monster, sends a few token air sorties into Iraq.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Oh my, no words to describe....prayers, holy prayers.....

Administrator
    vCash

This is the kind of thing that prompted my desire for US involvement in Syria a couple of years ago. From a 'black and white' perspective, I wasn't very interested in the US getting involved with what was going on there...from a human perspective, it broke my heart.

I know that nobody likes when the USA is the world police, but man I hate that people are going through this kind of stuff and we're the most powerful nation on the planet (sitting on our hands). It's not easily corrected, that's what makes it (for lack of a better word) suck.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Prayers from this Lutheran...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

that's at least two months old, but you can't really tell from the lack of dates or anything. it just sounds a little too "heart wrenching" to pass the sniff test though

here is the snopes info:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/seanmalone.asp

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

I doubt that's true in its entirety -

Regardless - Can we just wipe that place off the map? Anymore it just seems it's either that or we just ignore that part of the world entirely because I don't think anything is ever going to change there.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    This is the kind of thing that prompted my desire for US involvement in Syria a couple of years ago. From a 'black and white' perspective, I wasn't very interested in the US getting involved with what was going on there...from a human perspective, it broke my heart.

I know that nobody likes when the USA is the world police, but man I hate that people are going through this kind of stuff and we're the most powerful nation on the planet (sitting on our hands). It's not easily corrected, that's what makes it (for lack of a better word) suck.
    Hear, Hear! My view point is simple...give the Isrealis a heads up, drop some
    leaflets for the entire region, very specifically, here's what's gonna happen...
    we will exterminate the disease, at the risk of healthy tissue...a VERY short
    notice and then all the sand to have half lives in triple digits..Not very Christian,
    not very humane, but, as God is Holy, why let this vermin exist? The inhumanity
    they bring, IN THE NAME OF ALLAH???, please...how can this group be allow to
    continue to function? There is no explanation, no justification, no sane argument
    to justify this...terror, intimidation? Nope, give them what they understand, with
    no exceptions, no mercy and do it now!!!!

Now , just as soon as we do, we are damned, Obama is ruthless, the US is a bully,
    and any other invective the world has to offer....anyone got a better idea?

vCash

NM.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/14/2014 at 08:54 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    that's at least two months old, but you can't really tell from the lack of dates or anything. it just sounds a little too "heart wrenching" to pass the sniff test though

here is the snopes info:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/seanmalone.asp
    i am going to refrain from calling you a jackass because I know you. Our pastor knows the missionaries mentioned in the e-mail. The e-mail originated from the Missouri synod office that coordinates Lutheran missionaries. Our pastor has met and knows the family mentioned in the first half if the e-mail.

You're starting to wander over into Sooner8th territory.

Regarding the 2nd half of the e-mail that was included :Snopes is about as discredited a website as any politically slanted website on the internet especially when you consider that there is a lot of documented evidence of ISIS beheading and crucifying those it conquers.Snopes better star stamping out all of these unfounded rumors.
    http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=56481

You know how I said I wasn't going to call you a jakass? Well, I take it back. Jackass.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/14/2014 at 08:53 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

i am going to refrain from calling you a jackass because I know you. Our pastor knows the missionaries mentioned in the e-mail. The e-mail originated from the Missouri synod office that coordinates Lutheran missionaries. Our pastor has met and knows the family mentioned in the first half if the e-mail.

Regarding the 2nd half of the e-mail that was included :Snopes is about as discredited a website as any politically slanted website on the internet especially when you consider that there is a lot of documented evidence of ISIS beheading and crucifying those it conquers.Snopes better star stamping out all of these unfounded rumors.

You know how I said I wasn't going to call you a jakass? Well, I take it back. Jackass.
    You are just as dumb as a sack of hammers aren't you? So he knows them, how do you know they wrote the whole thing?

Let's move on to Snopes, you have been reading way too much rightwingnut websites. Anyone who does not walk in goose lockstep with conservatives are flaming liberals that politically slanted websites. You say there are a lot of documented evidence of ISIS beheading and crucifying those it conquers, but only show one. Try this one.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/

You will see that the last time the guy who runs it picked a party when he registered to vote, he registered as a REPUBLICAN!
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 10/14/2014 at 09:42 PM.

vCash

i never said ISIS wasn't doing anything, i just think this email is getting forwarded in some attempt to personalize or capitalize on the situation. with things like "today they are close, we need a prayer shield" or whatever is probably a little late seeing that this email started making the rounds two months ago. maybe it's true, but does it need to be extra sensationalized and urgent when it's old news?

snopes generally cites their sources. just because there are often things that conservatives don't want to see there, it's now left leaning? you know the only other person i have seen make that claim is RLIMC. that's not the best company to be in for such things

vCash

Snopes better get busy debunking all of these falsehoods about ISIS. They're falling behind.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...ds-Gauged-Eyes

vCash

i never said ISIS wasn't doing anything, i just think this email is getting forwarded in some attempt to personalize or capitalize on the situation. with things like "today they are close, we need a prayer shield" or whatever is probably a little late seeing that this email started making the rounds two months ago. maybe it's true, but does it need to be extra sensationalized and urgent when it's old news?

snopes generally cites their sources. just because there are often things that conservatives don't want to see there, it's now left leaning? you know the only other person i have seen make that claim is RLIMC. that's not the best company to be in for such things
    No, you were attempting to cast doubt about the veracity of the entire post. Snopes' attempt to minimize what is going on over there us destroying what little is left of their credibility.

vCash

and i stand behind that. it's an attempt to get more people to forward by trying to sound extra urgent and pull more heart strings to get more prayers (read dollars) from parishioners

maybe they shouldn't be recirculating old emails and pictures and acting like they are new

vCash

and i stand behind that. it's an attempt to get more people to forward by trying to sound extra urgent and pull more heart strings to get more prayers (read dollars) from parishioners

maybe they shouldn't be recirculating old emails and pictures and acting like they are new
    Comment on the first half of the post yermom. Are you really calling the pastor of our church a liar? How far in the Sooner 8th weeds are you willing to go?

How about this story?
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...ds-Gauged-Eyes

I'm not saying we should send troops over there because Obama's already screwed the pooch on that with his refusal to leave a residual force over there.

So everybody is lying and exaggerating about what ISIS is doing over there? Are you really willing to keep digging this hole and dragging the dirt on top of yourself?

vCash

the pastor of your church forwarded an email that may have been embellished and knows someone that knows someone?

that's the definition of urban legend right?

snopes lists that email as "mixture", not false due to lack of real proof. lighten up.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

snopes lists that email as "mixture", not false due to lack of real proof. lighten up.
    That sounds about right. It did cause me to raise an eyebrow because something this blatant of child murdering would have made mainstream news by now, not just a massively forwarded email.

Of course, with all of the attention on Ebola right now, ISIS may be emboldened to do worse things to get attention back.

vCash

Badge, do you not think ISIS is murdering women and children?

I think ink it is very inappropriate for yermom to try and cast doubts on the credibility of the original post based on a vague opinion from Snopes. I took it personally and I still do.