Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebola in KC

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Ebola in KC

There was a very compelling Nova on PBS the other night. It covered the complete history of the disease, the issues facing the current outbreak, the details of the drug Zmapp- the experimental drug used to treat the doctors. Etc etc. I would recommend going online to PBS and watch it. It is disconcerting and it is scary, but the quality of info is better than anything from the corporate news channels. The readiness of our infrastructure would make it nearly impossible for amass epidemic to take place here. If Zmapp can ever be made it in giant quantities, (one of its current drawbacks) we would see a much, much lower mortality rate from Ebola

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

saw it on the news again tonight....someone being "observed" for possible ebola
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

The local news in the Tulsa area last night had someone in Owasso who went to the hospital concerned they had Ebola. They didn't fit the profile very well apparently, hadn't been to any of the countries of concern recently or in direct contact with someone that had it etc....

Maybe we are just seeing a bunch of hypochondriacs running to the ER's right now...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    saw it on the news again tonight....someone being "observed" for possible ebola
    Is this the person who came in to the U.S. from Liberia or Sierra Leone..
    a health care worker who treated Ebola patients there?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yes, was on a ship? thing about it is, there was a possible case last month as well...that one ended up with Malaria, I knew I had heard a "possible" case last month as well.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!