Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebola in KC

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Ebola in KC

at lunch a co-worker said a friend is a police officer. Said they've been "training" for ebola and how to handle it etc. Told his wife...just put this in your mind...ebola is here in KC and the states for good.

Just FYI....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Ebola in KC

Say what? I have seen anything on it being in KC yet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Being trained before an outbreak occurs can prevent the outbreak from ever occurring.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Being trained before an outbreak occurs can prevent the outbreak from ever occurring.
    Are you talking about Ebola or zombies?

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash
    But Obammy is on the job, it won't get here...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Ebola=Real(Sadly)
    Zombies = Bullsh*t(thankfully)

Besides, how would we train for zombies? FEMA Camps? 'We" are already doing that.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I'm more than adequately prepared for both.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    Say what? I have seen anything on it being in KC yet.
    I'm assuming you meant "haven't"...There was a spot in the news a few days ago about a case they "thought" was ebola. Haven't heard anything since.

Again, I was just passing along what a police officer said. Take it for what's it worth. I do think there's more there than what folks think.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

meh...same here~

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I'm assuming you meant "haven't"...There was a spot in the news a few days ago about a case they "thought" was ebola. Haven't heard anything since.

Again, I was just passing along what a police officer said. Take it for what's it worth. I do think there's more there than what folks think.
    Dammit, yeah "haven't" seen..

Thanks.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Let's fight both with a pool cues and Beatles music

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Ebola=Real(Sadly)
    Zombies = Bullsh*t(thankfully)

Besides, how would we train for zombies? FEMA Camps? 'We" are already doing that.
    Bumper sticker (in the Tinker parking lot):

The hardest part of preparing for the zombie apocalypse is pretending I'm not excited! (illustrated with silhouette of semi-automatic rifle)
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

vCash

There is a lot less there than some think. Ebola is easily contained in parts of Africa where it occurs frequently. It can easily be contained in modern industrialized countries.

It is just not a big deal unless we chose to ignore it. Even if we did, it probably woulnd't get as bad as in west Africa simply because we have better healthcare, trust the health care workers, and don't do stupid stuff.

The real problem is the fact that it is uncontrollable in western Africa because they were idiots. With millions possible becoming infected, we'll get Dallas happening over and over. Sometimes it will be contained to one person and sometimes it will spread to a few others. It will certainly suck for them but the rest of us will be fine.

The government and CDC isn't always lying to you...

vCash

How about the fools that think that this proves the the government created Ebola. Bunch of Alex Jones listening morons. (Can't figure out if Alex Jones is a right wing idiot or a left wing idiot. Probably just a normal guy who found a way to make a lot of money by playing crazy...)

http://www.google.com/patents/CA2741523A1?cl=en

vCash

lol...prob.

I'll admit, I listen to the conservative side of talk radio but I get REAL tired of them spending more time selling their books. I honestly do not like the democratic agenda, but I want FACTS. I also think the dems and pubs in Washington are in bed with each other....and most of this gridlock is just for us to get pizzed about.

vCash

Hmmm, Jeep...Dems and Pubs in bed with each other? Now, THAT is a heckuva stretch!
    If the D's and R's are sleeping together, just a guess now, but so many STD's are flying
    across the sheets that the CDC can't handle the "outbreak"? Seriously, there is so much
    that is opposite with this group of monkeys that there aren't enough bananas on earth
    to let them get along. To RILLY repeat myself, kick every incumbent to the curb and
    hit reset for the "gubment"....

vCash

guess, I meant that they both love the bs they are putting us all through, he!! they don't care....they have their jobs and pensions. I TOTALLY agree....but no way in God's green earth they would EVER vote for term limits....interesting they get a few here and there that mention it...mainly the "tea party" ones...but never enough to get serious.

vCash

guess, I meant that they both love the bs they are putting us all through, he!! they don't care....they have their jobs and pensions. I TOTALLY agree....but no way in God's green earth they would EVER vote for term limits....interesting they get a few here and there that mention it...mainly the "tea party" ones...but never enough to get serious.
    I think you're totally correct. I'm not saying D's and R's get along or are in tight collusion, but they both know it's just a game. A very lucrative and entertaining game for them. They are not paid to solve problems, they are paid to campaign and stay in office. The only way to lose is not the the other side of the aisle, but to lose an election (or even a primary). Even then, if they have been there long enough, they just skip to the private sector and become lobbyist.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe not KC...but it looks like OKC...

OKLAHOMA CITY (CBS Houston/AP) — An Oklahoma City hospital is reportedly treating a patient exhibiting possible Ebola symptoms.
    KOKH-TV reports that Deaconess Hospital has isolated the patient after arriving to the hospital Thursday night. The Oklahoma State Health Department tells KOKH that the patient’s landlord was recently in West Africa.

A hospital spokesperson states that it is not yet a confirmed case of Ebola and that they are acting with caution while following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention..

This Ebola scare comes as airline passengers arriving from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea will face temperature checks using no-touch thermometers and other screening measures at five U.S. airports, starting with New York’s Kennedy International on Saturday. The measures, aimed at identifying sickly passengers from countries experiencing the Ebola outbreak, will expand over the next week to Newark Liberty, Washington Dulles, Chicago’s O’Hare and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta international airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Maybe not KC...but it looks like OKC...
    Take it easy, guys. Just because somebody is being treated for ebola symptoms, doesn't mean he has ebola. Perhaps this will be the one that's different, but I've seen these headlines nearly every day.