Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Any update on Ford?

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post
    ....bring back the Marcus Dupree offense for Perine and activate the Omega13

ss
    By Grabthars Hammer, you win the Internet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I suspect those 25 carries Saturday were tougher than the 34 at WVU. He only averaged 3.5 yards/carry and it usually ended in a violent collision of guys from the front seven. Against WVU, most the late carries broke into the secondary with him being gently tackled by a 180lb DB. TCU contained him pretty well.
    true...guess I didn't think he had that many. Maybe more spread out? lol. I don't know....OU didn't use Ross much or the other 2 guys. Course I had a issue with play calling as well...but tcu's d was outstanding which effected it all as well.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    It
    To.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    To.
    lol..a little premature posting...crappy problem to have. Thank goodness it only happens once in awhile~
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Any word on Ford? I didn't see anything posted this past week.
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLMSOONER View Post
    The only thing posted last week was not for the KSU game. I've been predicting the Baylor game since it happened and I'm sticking with it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

In Stoop's presser yesterday, he indicated they may have him back at practice the end of this week.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    In Stoop's presser yesterday, he indicated they may have him back at practice the end of this week.
    Yup.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JLMSOONER View Post
    As mentioned above, Stoops sounded like he expected him back at practice sometime this week. That doesn't mean he'll be ready for ISU, as he'll need some time to get back to speed...and quite honestly, we shouldn't need him to beat ISU. I would have no problem if they gave him an extra week to get back in the grove, and have him at 100% when Baylor comes to town.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

It's got to help. Things seemed to be going pretty well before he went out, we squeezed by WVU without him and have struggled a bit since. Guess he's just the single best option at running back right now, or the best mix of speed, strength and savvy. Perrine isn't there yet on the savvy and Ross...though he is improving...is not the best option right now. That still doesn't address Mike Stoops' terror of running QBs, but that's another topic altogether.

Funny...I was thinking about the 2007 squad the other day laying an egg in Boulder that year, and that game struck me as a bit like this one. Just a play here, a play there, with a different outcome on that play and a different result as well. It also reminded me of how badly we looked in Ames that year. Just awful. I hope we don't have a replay of that. Rhoads is good for one big surprise every year. I don't want to be this year's.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    It's got to help. Things seemed to be going pretty well before he went out, we squeezed by WVU without him and have struggled a bit since. Guess he's just the single best option at running back right now, or the best mix of speed, strength and savvy. Perrine isn't there yet on the savvy and Ross...though he is improving...is not the best option right now. That still doesn't address Mike Stoops' terror of running QBs, but that's another topic altogether.

Funny...I was thinking about the 2007 squad the other day laying an egg in Boulder that year, and that game struck me as a bit like this one. Just a play here, a play there, with a different outcome on that play and a different result as well. It also reminded me of how badly we looked in Ames that year. Just awful. I hope we don't have a replay of that. Rhoads is good for one big surprise every year. I don't want to be this year's.
    I think it's as simple as Ford being the best of the three backs. He's a blend of Ross and Perine, and like Perine, he's a punishing back...that always helps to wear down the defensive front. We are a better team when he's playing, so it will be nice to get him back into the rotation.

Rhoades is a good coach, and he does seem to get his squad up for one big win a year, but I don't think it's OU. There are some teams that just play OU good (KSU with Snyder is the biggest/most obvious). It doesn't matter if it's in Norman or Manhattan, the Cats are going to play the Sooners tough. Iowa State is on the exact opposite side, they almost never play us tough and it's almost always a lopsided win...in Norman or in Ames.

The last time the Sooners lost to the Cyclones was 24 years ago in 1990. The Sooners were entering the down era, and lost 33-31. In the Stoops era, the closest ISU came to beating OU was in 2007 (in Ames), the final was 17-7. The average score in this game, under Stoops, is 38-8. The Cyclones aren't as bad as they have been in some years, but they're not very good either. Considering this game is coming off of a bye week, with Stoops undefeated regular season record in games after a loss, this one will get ugly for ISU.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    As mentioned above, Stoops sounded like he expected him back at practice sometime this week. That doesn't mean he'll be ready for ISU, as he'll need some time to get back to speed...and quite honestly, we shouldn't need him to beat ISU. I would have no problem if they gave him an extra week to get back in the grove, and have him at 100% when Baylor comes to town.
    This is what I'm hoping for. I was thinking ISU was this week and the bye was next week, so no hope for Ford against ISU. Maybe he can get a few reps against ISU after the bye, but I just hope he's 100% against BU. EDIT: I thought Ross made some nice runs in the KSU game - saved our butts on the series that TK was out.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    This is what I'm hoping for. I was thinking ISU was this week and the bye was next week, so no hope for Ford against ISU. Maybe he can get a few reps against ISU after the bye, but I just hope he's 100% against BU. EDIT: I thought Ross made some nice runs in the KSU game - saved our butts on the series that TK was out.
    Ross definitely had his best game at RB. He didn't have a long TD run, and it wasn't his best game from a statistics standpoint...but, I thought he just looked better overall. Ran hard, didn't dance around, showed he does have some vision. Just a solid day for Ross.