Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Is Trevor the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    TDTW has got to be Blake Bell's uncle or something.

We were so impotent at times on offense with Bell last year, I would change the channel so I wouldn't throw the remote at the TV. Misguided nostalgia sure is a funny thing.
    Bell's problem was accuracy on 3rd down. He'd get happy feet and who knew where the ball was going to go. It is a legit question as to whether it would have been solved his senior year - Hybl suffered from the same thing in 2001 and then fixed it in 2002.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I feel bad for Bell. I certainly agree he had no shot to make the NFL as a QB, the switch to TE doesn't seem to be helping that cause. I hope he is at least happier at TE since he is on the field a lot.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I feel bad for Bell. I certainly agree he had no shot to make the NFL as a QB, the switch to TE doesn't seem to be helping that cause. I hope he is at least happier at TE since he is on the field a lot.
    At least he'll have some experience there when the opportunity comes. I have no doubt he'll get looks at pro-day (between his size/speed and what is sure to be a Stoops endorsement), the question is whether or not a team will take a chance on a relatively unproven TE.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouhomer123 View Post
    I dont think so.

He's definitely not the answer. He had a bad game against a well coached team with a good defense. He should be kicked off the team and expelled from school. Maybe even put in jail

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    At least he'll have some experience there when the opportunity comes. I have no doubt he'll get looks at pro-day (between his size/speed and what is sure to be a Stoops endorsement), the question is whether or not a team will take a chance on a relatively unproven TE.
    It probably doesn't hurt that Bell is an NFL legacy player too. We just haven't managed to get him involved in the passing game and I've seen many plays where he is struggling as a run blocker. But there many NFL teams the heavily utilize that hybrid TE/H-back type of player and they don't ask them to do much blocking. Hope he gets his shot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    Just want to correct one thing here. Knight is incredibly accurate on the fade to the sidelines. Most QBs are lucky to complete 15% of those and his completion percentage is well over 60% there. The problem is that he can't hit anything over the middle to save his life. As I said several times earlier this season, he is the reincarnation of Nate Hybl (who had the exact same strengths/weaknesses in the passing game).

The question is can you design an attack where your QB can only throw it accurately sideways and down the sidelines? Defenses look like a giant U against us.
    He has one huge advantage over Nate Hybl - he's as quick as a cheetah. This is my biggest problem with the coaches, they are afraid to utilize his entire skill set. Now that we've lost a game and have no margin for error, it's time to say F it and let him run a true read option offense. Auburn's not afraid to let Nick Marshall run, so why are we afraid to let TK run?

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    If we run the Landry style offense, then he is not the answer. If we run a read option offense then we can win and he will succeed...
    Late to the Party.. but Yes.
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    Where's the let's dump Trevor thread? He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the second half. I could care less about his running ability. Get someone who can complete passes. Cody Thomas, you're up.
    Sweet Jesus, I should have stayed away..
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Or within 5 yards of the receivers would work for me. It's a receiver problem. Nobody got open last Sat, and if they did the pocket had collapses already.
    This
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I pretty much have Bro.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Since you're here, you might as well answer a question for me. How good is Bell at TE? I don't watch him that often, but when I do, I often wonder why he's out there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Since you're here, you might as well answer a question for me. How good is Bell at TE? I don't watch him that often, but when I do, I often wonder why he's out there.
    Hey my friend! Hope you are well..

It's the stuff I worried about from when they announced the move...Good hands, slow as molasses, lots of the technical stuff not there that he can learn..I guess the other guys are lousy? His run blocking against inferior opponents was decent.
    Bazinga

vCash

Hey my friend! Hope you are well..

It's the stuff I worried about from when they announced the move...Good hands, slow as molasses, lots of the technical stuff not there that he can learn..I guess the other guys are lousy? His run blocking against inferior opponents was decent.
    Good to see you back!

I'm especially concerned that we line him up as a WR on some plays. I think we'd be better off with somebody like Andrews, even if he is only a freshman, and I'm shocked we're still not seeing McNamara. I worry that we might have struck some kind of agreement with him in order for him not to transfer (in case Knight goes down).

vCash

Do something to keep him involved..I can see that.

Look at the 3rd down play from jkm's thread with a TE option route..Just terrible.
    Bazinga

vCash

Bump.

In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.