Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Is Trevor the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Other than the Bama game I don't know that he's ever been spot on? Shepard makes him look a lot better than he is. Knight is not an accurate passer - even many of the passes that are caught are not especially accurate, passes being thrown behind receivers seeming to be the most common problem.
    If you say that, then the rest of his targets make him look worse than he is. Neal is the only decent one, and he sucked against WVU. Bell should not be our TE.

vCash

The Best QB is the one before Or the Next one.
    TK is a great Kid.

I quit., Ima Sooner Fan . Not a Sooner Critic.
    I aint a 6 million dollar a year coach nor am I a High Paid ESPN analyst, Ima a FAN
    Let me enjoy that ok?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

[QUOTE=IamBigRed;4861540]This . . .

This. . .
    If we run the Landry style offense, then he is not the answer. If we run a read option offense then we can win and he will succeed...{/QUOTE]

and this . . .

He was successful in the Sugar Bowl cause they played to his strengths. He isn't a drop back passer. Design the offense for what he can do.
    In the Sugar Bowl almost all his big plays were as a drop back passer, so there's that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBigRed View Post
    This . . .

This. . .
    In the Sugar Bowl almost all his big plays were as a drop back passer, so there's that.
    In both his freshman and sophomore years, there is a clear correlation between his running attempts and his inaccuracy. He just can't take hits well.
    Last edited by Eielson; 10/6/2014 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If you say that, then the rest of his targets make him look worse than he is. Neal is the only decent one, and he sucked against WVU. Bell should not be our TE.
    Blake was WIDE open in the endzone on the play where Trevor threw the pick. Trevor lobs it a bit over the defender and we most likely win the game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Knight was inaccurate in high school and has simply carried that over to this level. His accuracy is likely to never get better. Unfortunately with the way this coaching staff works, he will be the starting QB the next two seasons as well barring injury, so another 4 year career QB that will not take the Sooners to the NC game.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You could ask that question about any of the players on Saturday. They all need to play better. Our vaunted defense gave up 31 points. Our coaches seemed totally lost at times. It was a total team loss.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    We talk about this in the stands, Knight's lack of accuracy. He still throws behind guys. Receivers wide open have to wait for balls because he doesn't have great arm strength.

Unless Stoops is a complete idiot - and, he may be with his real QB now starting at TE - Baker Mayfield challenges Knight for the job in 2015.
    Hahaha...Just spit out my coffee.

OK then.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Offense scored 31 points! That should be enough to win any game. BLAME the defense and the kicking game.......

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Bell's QB stats:
    150 of 253, 59.3% completion percentage, 1763 yards, 12 TD passes, 6 INTs thrown; Bell, 24 rushing TDs

Knight's QB stats:
    169 of 299, 56.5% completion percentage, 2193 yards, 14 TD passes, 10 INTs thrown; Knight, 4 rushing TDs

So, go lick up your coffee.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Go look up Bell's stats for the game in Dallas last year.

vCash

Go look up Knight's stats for any game not named Sugar Bowl from last year.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    The Best QB is the one before Or the Next one.
    TK is a great Kid.

I quit., Ima Sooner Fan . Not a Sooner Critic.
    I aint a 6 million dollar a year coach nor am I a High Paid ESPN analyst, Ima a FAN
    Let me enjoy that ok?
    That's not OK!! If you're not calling for everybody to be fired and the qb to be hanged, then you are not a real fan!!!

vCash

Understood, but just saying that Bell looked just as lost against the horns as Knight did against TCU. And in both cases, the defense was stacking the box and playing press coverage just daring us to throw. That's what we're going to see from every team capable of playing that way.

vCash

This is a strange topic given we scored 33 points. I was not able to watch the game until Sunday but I wouldnt hang this on TK neck. He did seem winded at times and possibly camping after several scrambles.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon St Sooner View Post
    That's not OK!! If you're not calling for everybody to be fired and the qb to be hanged, then you are not a real fan!!!
    Dayum, Ima need to go to skool and larn how to be a fan LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13f View Post
    This is a strange topic given we scored 33 points. I was not able to watch the game until Sunday but I wouldnt hang this on TK neck. He did seem winded at times and possibly camping after several scrambles.
    If he's winded/cramping on a 70-75 degree day...? Why is he running then? It's taken them this long to discover that their "running" QB gets winded and cramps up in 70 degree weather?

That's a cop out. Oklahoma practices in temperatures much hotter than the temperature was in Fort Worth on Saturday. If we are to believe all the hype coming out of OU about the voluntary off-season strength and conditioning, the players are all happily putting themselves through hell in 95-105 degree weather all summer long.

If he's dehydrated/cramping, that's on the staff. Get Schmidt off the sideline and back near the benches where he can help the players stay ready if it's an issue.

Cramping on a 70 degree day. Baloney. That's poor preparation if it's true.

Sounds like a Mack Brown/"I'll answer that one for Chris" type of response.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13f View Post
    Well yeah, it's not completely his fault, but when the opposing team is stacking the box negating the run, and yer QB can't hardly make a single completion in the second half... how can you not place a significant amount of blame on him ??
    Last edited by beached_sooner; 10/6/2014 at 05:59 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Bell's QB stats:
    150 of 253, 59.3% completion percentage, 1763 yards, 12 TD passes, 6 INTs thrown; Bell, 24 rushing TDs

Knight's QB stats:
    169 of 299, 56.5% completion percentage, 2193 yards, 14 TD passes, 10 INTs thrown; Knight, 4 rushing TDs

So, go lick up your coffee.
    I could not care less that Bell torched Tulsa. He threw for 152 yards against TCU, 133 yards against Texas, 131 yards against Kansas, and 150 yards against Baylor...and that was with a really good group of receivers. Even on Trevor's bad days (Saturday) he throws for 300 yards.

Here are some fun facts...

TK's passer rating against TCU yesterday: 112.2

That's pretty bad, right?

Bell's passer ratings against Texas, Baylor: 73.7, 76.9

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Your QB shouldn't have to win every game by himself but TK contributed more than his share to the loss. He looked like the collegiate version of Tony Romo.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.