Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Interesting article on football ticket sale decline (everywhere)

Arizona State actually took out a large section of seats this season on the North Side of the stadium. It is interesting to see the changes that are being made there. I thought it was great because I have been going to games all my life and had only ever seen that seating section full once time and that was vs UofA before they went to the 97 Rosebowl. I love going to games but last year my pregnant wife and I went to the ASU wisconsin game and it was absolutely brutal. I would say it was around 105 in the stands at kickoff. Hopefully some of the renovations will help that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I was 10/11 or 12...74/75/76 time..I BELIEVE we parked SOUTH of the stadium in a grass field. It was raining...I believe isu, I carried the little playmate cooler under my poncho for my aunts and uncles. There 3 pops on top...and beers underneath..lol. Guess they thought since I was carrying it they wouldn't check.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

In 1990, can't remember which game, there was an empty coors light party ball being batted around in the student section like a beachball.

If I lived in OK I would try to attend every OU fb game possible. But I can't abide the crowds and pushing and prices and parking and general stress of major sporting events. I've sworn off of MLB games due to drunks and $25 hot dogs and cokes. I will only tolerate such impositions for my Sooners.

vCash

I like to go to 1, maybe 2 games a year, but only if I can get free tickets. I have to pay for a babysitter, after all, so I can't really spend money on the tickets, too. However, it's a FULL DAY affair by the time you arrive early and finally get away. Plus, you're always either too hot or too cold - there's maybe 1 or 2 games a year where the weather is truly perfect. And nowadays you have to wonder how many of the other 80k people there have ebola.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn View Post
    I like to go to 1, maybe 2 games a year, but only if I can get free tickets. I have to pay for a babysitter, after all, so I can't really spend money on the tickets, too. However, it's a FULL DAY affair by the time you arrive early and finally get away. Plus, you're always either too hot or too cold - there's maybe 1 or 2 games a year where the weather is truly perfect. And nowadays you have to wonder how many of the other 80K people there have Ebola.
    and so it begins...
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

As much as I love my Sooners, this is good problem for sports to have for the sake of fans. For years, you've been getting more ads blared at you, more TV timeouts, higher priced tickets and concessions, more stadium rules... the list goes on. If fans vote for their displeasure with the state of fandom, then maybe we'll get the game we love back

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerBorn View Post
    I like to go to 1, maybe 2 games a year, but only if I can get free tickets. I have to pay for a babysitter, after all, so I can't really spend money on the tickets, too. However, it's a FULL DAY affair by the time you arrive early and finally get away. Plus, you're always either too hot or too cold - there's maybe 1 or 2 games a year where the weather is truly perfect. And nowadays you have to wonder how many of the other 80K people there have Ebola
    I stopped by one of the local grocers late last week to pick up some bread and milk and the checker looked and spoke like he was from Africa. I was pizzed because he couldn't even count the correct change and had to check the ticket to make sure he didn't screw up the 23 cent or so change from a bill of 3 or 4 dollars. Now I'm just glad that nobody has fever or diarrhea, and even more pizzed that I didn't use the self-service check out that night.
    I'm normally hygiene conscious, washing hands after taking a leak, keeping the keyboard clean, etc, not Howard Hughes overboard, but now I'm even doing stuff like spaying my trash cans down with Lysol or a Clorox mix because those trash truck drivers use the same gloves to pick up every trash can from every residence on their routes and I seriously doubt that they spray them down between stops or their gloves are even washed weekly or for that matter if ever. My security cam picks up my trash guy when he stops, and his normally white gloves look almost totally black except for the areas that cover the wrists.
    If I lived by Presby hosp in Dallas, I wouldn't even use trash cans for a month or 2, and only put out plastic trash bags.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 10/2/2014 at 03:17 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    And nowadays you have to wonder how many of the other 80K people there have Ebola.
    And it's difficult to spot them. The opposing fan sitting next to you may be bleeding from the eyes from Ebola, or it may just be from watching Perine pounding his favorite team's D to a pulp. Don't share a beer with him, JIC.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    And it's difficult to spot them. The opposing fan sitting next to you may be bleeding from the eyes from Ebola, or it may just be from watching Perine pounding his favorite team's D to a pulp. Don't share a beer with him, JIC.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    Excellent point. I was just discussing with my wife whether to make the Vols trip next fall, and it's close enough that making a night game from my house is fine, but noon or 3:30 I couldn't. So I have to get a hotel for 2 nights, but if it's a night game on Saturday, we'll be hanging out all day waiting for the game. Since we won't know until a few weeks before the game which it is, we'll have to book both nights to be sure.
    That's what I ran into with my trip to Norman this year for the Tennessee game. We've always driven down on Thursday, and made the drive back on Sunday. This year was tough, because we didn't get back to the hotel until close to 1 and needed to be on the road by 7 the next morning. I love night games, but it's definitely more convenient to stay home and watch those on TV.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    OU can outlaw everything because they know fans will still come. It sucks, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for having a great program.

Do you (or anyone on the board) know what the policy is like in Stillwater?
    You have too leave your sheep tied to a parking meter and you can't bring in your own turkey legs.