Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

okay, so ebola is a little to close to me for my own comfort.

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/...277651291.html

not sure how i feel about heading into a crowd of people down there in a week or so....

vCash

Re: okay, so ebola is a little to close to me for my own comfort.

Just dont kiss or **** any of em and ya should be ok.

"Ebola doesn't spread till someone gets sick, and he didn't get sick for four days" after getting off the plane, so officials are not seeking out fellow passengers for signs of illness, said Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The virus does not spread through the air — only through close contact with bodily fluids from a sick person, he stressed.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Too.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Hopefully no one sneezes/pukes on me at the fair

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    ....so it was nice knowing you, sir!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Anyone ever sneezes /pukes on me. Having Ebola is the gonna be the least of their problems.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It won't be until next weekend, so it's likely we'll pretty much know if it spread past that one person. If it were this weekend, though, I would stay the hell away from that fair. I don't care how "hard" it is to spread it. I'm not going near a usually fatal Level 4 disease that has an infectious dose of 1-10. It ain't that hard to get it. I'd rather get HIV.

The illegals have brought it across and are spreading it everywhere. It's closer than you think (Dallas)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner21 View Post
    The illegals have brought it across and are spreading it everywhere. It's closer than you think (Dallas)
    Lemming! LOL

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    It won't be until next weekend, so it's likely we'll pretty much know if it spread past that one person. If it were this weekend, though, I would stay the hell away from that fair. I don't care how "hard" it is to spread it. I'm not going near a usually fatal Level 4 disease that has an infectious dose of 1-10. It ain't that hard to get it. I'd rather get HIV.
    In fact, it is not a highly communicable disease as far as the US is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart doctor type people
    What's more, Ebola is much less contagious than many other more common diseases. The virus, much like HIV or hepatitis, is spread through blood or bodily fluids and is not airborne.
    Many factors play into how contagious a disease is thought to be, say Jeff Duchin, MD, an infectious disease expert at the University of Washington, Seattle, and Amesh Adalja, MD, an infectious disease expert at the University of Pittsburgh.

Among those factors:

• How it’s transmitted (airborne, bodily fluids, other)
    • Infection-control practices in place
    • Extent of contact an infected person has with others
    • Percent of the population that has been vaccinated (if a vaccine exists)

To gauge how contagious different diseases are, experts take these and other things into account and estimate the average number of people likely to catch the illness from a single infected person. They call this the basic reproductive rate or number. The number is an average, a scientific guess, experts say, and it is likely to vary from country to country.
    "I would anticipate the reproductive rate for Ebola in the U.S. to be zero," Adalja says.
    By comparison, measles, diphtheria, and whooping cough are all airborne, and they can be transmitted by "just being in face-to-face contact with an infected patient, without touching them,” Duchin says. When that person coughs or sneezes, others may become infected after breathing in the organisms.
    Additionally, as long as you receive treatment after it is identified you stand a very good chance of surviving. Hell, all 3 US citizens identified as having the disease in Africa had enough time to be flown back to the states and all survived.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

If it mutates once it gets spread outside Africa we might be doomed, but for the time being, say NO to Texas slutty whorns during trip to Dallas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    If it mutates once it gets spread outside Africa we might be doomed, but for the time being, say NO to Texas slutty whorns during trip to Dallas.
    Ahhh, practical, logical advice...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

It's funny that they are down playing this event by saying you cannot transmit this virus unless you are sick. Ebola, like all viruses, has a prodrome in which very subtle symptoms may be present and the individual may or may not consider themselves "sick". During this prodrome the individual is very contagious. I think the CDC is trying too hard to down play this and by not tracking all the contacts of this individual they are risking allowing a new case to develop in the country, IMO.

One very scarey fact is that Ebola can be transmitted via semen for up to 3 months AFTER the individual recovers from symptoms. I think it is this alarming fact that will allow the epidemic in Africa to continue to spread much like the HIV epidemic has.

And Badger is correct. The more it spreads the more it mutates. There are already 2 examples of the virus spreading by the airborn route in other species in labs.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/1/2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    In fact, it is not a highly communicable disease as far as the US is concerned.

Additionally, as long as you receive treatment after it is identified you stand a very good chance of surviving. Hell, all 3 US citizens identified as having the disease in Africa had enough time to be flown back to the states and all survived.
    I know what they're saying. They don't want panic, so they're downplaying it. If they wanted chaos, they could easily do that with all kinds of horror stories. Ebola isn't something to take lightly, and I guarantee that nobody involved with it is. We've got the best healthcare in the world, so I suspect we'll take care of this. I'm not impressed by 3 US citizens still being alive, though.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Wat?! Then, might as well stay home and watch it on TV.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I know what they're saying. They don't want panic, so they're downplaying it. If they wanted chaos, they could easily do that with all kinds of horror stories. Ebola isn't something to take lightly, and I guarantee that nobody involved with it is. We've got the best healthcare in the world, so I suspect we'll take care of this. I'm not impressed by 3 US citizens still being alive, though.
    Yes, the half-hourly updates concerning the patient in the US on every radio and television news station along with the daily coverage of the situation in Africa for the last 6 weeks certainly amounts to downplaying the situation.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    Yes, the half-hourly updates concerning the patient in the US on every radio and television news station along with the daily coverage of the situation in Africa for the last 6 weeks certainly amounts to downplaying the situation.
    I didn't realize the CDC, WHO, doctors, etc. run the media.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Mr. Duncan may have become infected after his landlord’s daughter fell gravely ill. On Sept 15, Mr. Duncan helped his landlord and his landlord’s son carry the stricken woman to the hospital, his neighbors and the woman’s parents said. She died the next day.

http://www.100percentfedup.com/news/...hool-this-week

doesn't sound like to me he had sex with the infected person...and on top of that...ANY pics I've seen of anyone helping they are in haz-mat outfits...so if they are not taking chances neither am I.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Wat?! Then, might as well stay home and watch it on TV.

My gawd man after years of hearing about the red raider rash I'd think you would have learned to say no to Texas sluts by now.

NO! STAY AWAY!