Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Are Voter ID Laws Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So we have established that voter ID laws are not racist but rather, according to the progressives, an undue burden on the poor. I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.

As far as the assertion there is no voter fraud please read this article before you fall in line with the standard PC BS coming from the left.
    http://www.aim.org/special-report/th...ategy-exposed/

ACORN, synonymous with abuse and fraud, is like the 3-headed Hydra.
    ACORN again huh? It says in the article it was disbanded in 2010! This group came up with them Vincent Foster conspiracy theory that Bill Clinton was in on it. Are you really so ****ing stupid to give any credence to anything this nut job group says?

I knew you people were stupid, but damn this is a new low for even you ama.
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 10/1/2014 at 03:48 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    I'm amazed that people are still confused about voting. There is no constitutional or inherent right to vote. It is a privilege extended to you by the state. The constitution only states that if you extend the privilege, it must be done equally based on a number of amendments (race, gender, birth, age, etc). It is the reason convicted felons can't legally vote.

Personally, I believe that a minimum set of requirements should be set forth for voting such as graduation from high school or the equivalent (G.E.D.) or even college. It could also be tied to military service. There are plenty of good, unbiased ways to provide voting rights. The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.
    Where the hell do you get this at? Are you kidding me? The right to vote is stated FIVE times in the constitution!

AMENDMENT XIV
    Section 2.
    But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State

AMENDMENT XIX
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

AMENDMENT XV
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

AMENDMENT XXIV
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

AMENDMENT XXVI
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Where the hell do you get this at? Are you kidding me? The right to vote is stated FIVE times in the constitution!

AMENDMENT XIV
    Section 2.
    But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State

AMENDMENT XIX
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

AMENDMENT XV
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

AMENDMENT XXIV
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

AMENDMENT XXVI
    Section 1.
    The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.
    You have a reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold. I fixed it for you. Again, there is no inherent right to vote. The voting rights extended to you by the states just can't be denied or abridged for specifically defined reasons. It is why a prisoner can be released after repaying his debt to society and still be denied voting rights.
    Last edited by SoonerBBall; 10/1/2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

So your argument is that registering to vote and than showing up is a sufficient test to help determine the future of our country?
    Well, you could always change the requirements to register from 18 years old no felonies and citizen to something more strict... but really if you don't like the intelligence level of current voters couldn't you encourage more of your smarter friends and family members to go vote?

If a person is too ****ing stupid to get an ID they too ****in stupid to vote.
    See? We're already raising voter standards

it's amazing how many of my "low-income" free and reduced lunch kids have $20-$40 for carnival
    I used to get money from grandparents for use on special trips or on special occasions. When I see low income kids with iPods and nice sneakers, I assume they were gifts, not food stamp/welfare fraud. Then again, some low income families have money management issues, hence being low income?

I think we can file this subject under that "nobody's going to change their opinions on this one" file. I get that people think voters are stupid when elections don't turn out how they want.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    ...I think we can file this subject under that "nobody's going to change their opinions on this one" file...
    Hell - We can file every topic in Obamafest in that one. We just like to argue...I mean discuss things
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ton Loc View Post
    Hell - We can file every topic in Obamafest in that one. We just like to argue...I mean discuss things
    I dont Argue I just
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

So apparently the argument comes down to the assertion that poor people, especially minorities, are too stupid, ignorant or unmotivated to secure their voterID card. Interesting that those calling for voter ID cards are labeled racist.

Sooner8th, reread the article. It will walk you through the history of how ACORN has morphed into a dozen other community organizing groups with the same unethical principles. Just trying to help you out buddy.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    I've never collected entitlement benefits. Can you even get those benefits w/o an ID card of some sort? If so.....
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    You have a reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold. I fixed it for you. Again, there is no inherent right to vote. The voting rights extended to you by the states just can't be denied or abridged for specifically defined reasons. It is why a prisoner can be released after repaying his debt to society and still be denied voting rights.
    I have the reading comprehension problem which led to you putting the wrong part of the text in bold? I'm using the conservative republican reading comprehension. "Fix" the below highlighting.

AGAIN - there is an inherent right to vote - it says it FIVE times to one time about arms.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    So apparently the argument comes down to the assertion that poor people, especially minorities, are too stupid, ignorant or unmotivated to secure their voterID card. Interesting that those calling for voter ID cards are labeled racist.

Sooner8th, reread the article. It will walk you through the history of how ACORN has morphed into a dozen other community organizing groups with the same unethical principles. Just trying to help you out buddy.
    NNAAWWWW man I'm helping you out to keep you from further ignorance and embarrassing yourself even more. Look at who wrote that ignorant dribble, CLINTON KILLED VINCE FOSTER! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

Hey did you notice the part in the article where they posted the picture of the list that is too small to see? Such sorry reporting they couldn't even bother to retype it.

Too damn funny.

vCash

KC still babbling to himself I see.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    I've never collected entitlement benefits. Can you even get those benefits w/o an ID card of some sort? If so.....
    Don't know about now, but when I was a boy in southern OK my parents
    got stuff from Carter county, but I don't remember any ID's then. It took
    a lot of effort but my siblings and I worked our way out of that morass and
    have made decent lives for ourselves and kids...a bunch of college graduates,
    teachers, coaches, project analyst, BSN nurse along the way....I have seen
    both sides of the equation....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Don't know about now, but when I was a boy in southern OK my parents
    got stuff from Carter county, but I don't remember any ID's then. It took
    a lot of effort but my siblings and I worked our way out of that morass and
    have made decent lives for ourselves and kids...a bunch of college graduates,
    teachers, coaches, project analyst, BSN nurse along the way....I have seen
    both sides of the equation....
    I think yer thinking of the Commodities program that was distributed thru the county Commissioners. The cheese , powdered eggs and milk and such they used to give out. My ex Inlaws got that Hell they even got enough seeds to plant a huge garden.
    Then The Foodstamp program took off and and the price of groceries skyrocketed.

Prolly dint need an ID back then for that because Most folk had pride and Only accepted it out of Dire need and to see their children dint go hungry. Now a days The welfare recipients flount the charity they get.
    Hell theres Grown *** MEN here that live off food stamps and think nothing of it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

The Acorn issue notwithstanding, I think there are more instances of the
    polling location abuses than actual fraudulent voting...given what I read/
    heard about during the 2012 election cycle in Florida and other places
    in the Southeast, especially...8 to 10 hour waits in line to vote, denying
    elderly citizen the opportunity to vote now, after they had been able to
    before and I think that it is not restricted to one party or the other...

I can only cite Des Moines as an example, but another point about income
    differences. Drive around this city in the affluent suburbs and 98% of the
    yard signs support the Pubs...go into the inner city/older parts of town
    where it is obviously less affluent and the yard signs, almost as high a
    percentage, support the Dems. Clearly, that supports the lower versus
    higher incomes and who favors whom. The hottest Senate seat race in
    the country shows the Pub candidate outraising the Dem and the $$$ comes
    from outside the state, no small thanks to Citizens United.....yeah, I know
    this is off topic from the OP but, the thread seemed to wander a bit....
    got to disagree with some of that...I saw a ton of obama signs in upper middle class to high income neighborhoods...the first time through.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    got to disagree with some of that...I saw a ton of obama signs in upper middle class to high income neighborhoods...the first time through.
    I just took my daughter to the airport and drove through an area that showed
    a big mix of housing and a mix of Pub and Dem signs...I did take notice and,
    for a lot of them, the houses appeared nicer for the Pubs' signs than for the
    Dems, but nothing really definitive there. But, there is no doubt in my mind
    about the overall....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I dont Argue I just
    Hey, Vet, izzat yer outhouse in the background?

vCash

Hey, Vet, izzat yer outhouse in the background?
    Hell no thats My Shack

vCash

I just took my daughter to the airport and drove through an area that showed
    a big mix of housing and a mix of Pub and Dem signs...I did take notice and,
    for a lot of them, the houses appeared nicer for the Pubs' signs than for the
    Dems
    , but nothing really definitive there. But, there is no doubt in my mind
    about the overall....
    Who was said. The Poor been votin Dems for 50 years and they STILL Poor?
    Dont what you just said show ya sompun Bro?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Hell no thats My Shack
    Well, 'scuuuuse me!

vCash

Well, 'scuuuuse me!
    I do Poop in it tho.