Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Are Voter ID Laws Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    and Just let me walk into as many polling places i can get and vote all i want.
    You can, but you the wrong color and live in the wrong hood.

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    You can, but you the wrong color and live in the wrong hood.
    I see KC still talking to his self LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I fail to see how voting laws are racist. It is free to register to vote, you get a voting card in the mail. You take the voting card to the polling place, cast your ballot and you are done.

How is this racist? There has to be a method to keep people from voting multiple times like the lady who cast a ballot for Barry SEVEN times!! If you don't have an ID, how do you regulate a person from voting multiple times?

The whole thing seems pretty simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Its not racist. I don't want you to vote if you don't have your **** together enough to perform a basic responsibility like have an ID. Jesus, who gives two ****s anyway. Less than half of the population votes anyway.
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

I'm amazed that people are still confused about voting. There is no constitutional or inherent right to vote. It is a privilege extended to you by the state. The constitution only states that if you extend the privilege, it must be done equally based on a number of amendments (race, gender, birth, age, etc). It is the reason convicted felons can't legally vote.

Personally, I believe that a minimum set of requirements should be set forth for voting such as graduation from high school or the equivalent (G.E.D.) or even college. It could also be tied to military service. There are plenty of good, unbiased ways to provide voting rights. The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I think the correct argument to make against Voter ID laws is that they tend to suppress low income voters, rather than minorities. It costs between $20-$50 for a state issued photo ID/driver's license in Oklahoma, for example.

So, who are you suppressing by disallowing people from voting who don't have state issued photo IDs? Those that cannot afford a $20-$50 fee every four years. Small amount to most of us here, but unaffordable to those who survive on about a dollar a day in food stamps.

The work-around is to issue free photo IDs to every adult resident of the state who applies for one. I would venture that most residents already have a driver's license and will not apply, but for those that cannot afford $20 for a photo ID, it takes away this voting hurdle.

The current system of any uninformed, unidentified idiot being able to vote on the future of the country (both parties included) is asinine.
    I disagree with this argument. Very few, percentage-wise eligible voters bother to register to vote, and even fewer bother to show up at polling places on voting day. If you make the effort to register, then make the effort to cast your vote on Tuesday (or by absentee ballot earlier), that should be test enough that you are a worthy voter. If you want to get angry at anyone, be angry at the millions of Americans who either fail to register, or fail to show up to vote.

vCash

how do they get their picture taken for said ID?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    Tag agency. They're all over the state, including downtown Tulsa. If they can't make it to a tag agency then they likely can't make it to a poll to vote either

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Heh, I were being sarcastic
    Sorry. I should have picked up on that. It went right over my head.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Tag agency. They're all over the state, including downtown Tulsa. If they can't make it to a tag agency then they likely can't make it to a poll to vote either
    In my neck of the woods, there are "we'll get you to the polls" efforts but
    I haven't seen or heard about "we'll get you to the ID station".. As far as
    I know there is a DMV office in every county and some of Iowa's counties
    are really rural (county seats under 1500 population) so transportation
    would really be an issue....

vCash

So we have established that voter ID laws are not racist but rather, according to the progressives, an undue burden on the poor. I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.

As far as the assertion there is no voter fraud please read this article before you fall in line with the standard PC BS coming from the left.
    http://www.aim.org/special-report/th...ategy-exposed/

ACORN, synonymous with abuse and fraud, is like the 3-headed Hydra.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I find that assertion interesting in light of the fact that the ID's will be provided at no cost and will be available at any office where the poor go to collect entitlement benefits.
    If that's the case I think that's fair to everyone. However, I have not heard about free IDs in every state, which is where I think that debate begins whether requiring an ID that is not free to everyone is essentially a poll tax.

I agree that voter fraud is happening, but unless IDs that are required to vote are free to those that cannot afford them then I don't support such laws.

For the record, Oklahomans can vote without ID, but there's some form or something that requires the election board to verify voting eligibility before they'll count the ballot. I don't know the exact procedure, since I've always remembered my DL when I go to vote.

vCash

Google "Voter IDs are free". There are instruction provided by several state governments instructing voters how they can get their FREE voter ID.

Of course a government issued voter ID card is not a panacea because you then have to have voter polling locations where workers and volunteers actually abide by state laws.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 10/1/2014 at 02:05 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

I disagree with this argument. Very few, percentage-wise eligible voters bother to register to vote, and even fewer bother to show up at polling places on voting day. If you make the effort to register, then make the effort to cast your vote on Tuesday (or by absentee ballot earlier), that should be test enough that you are a worthy voter. If you want to get angry at anyone, be angry at the millions of Americans who either fail to register, or fail to show up to vote.
    So your argument is that registering to vote and than showing up is a sufficient test to help determine the future of our country?

Even disregarding the insane initiatives by both parties to register voters in mass without any particular effort on their part, that argument is ridiculous. If you don't want to vote, that is on you. If you do want to vote, you should have to earn that right in a substantial way.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

vCash

If a person is too ****ing stupid to get an ID they too ****in stupid to vote.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I think the correct argument to make against Voter ID laws is that they tend to suppress low income voters, rather than minorities. It costs between $20-$50 for a state issued photo ID/driver's license in Oklahoma, for example.

So, who are you suppressing by disallowing people from voting who don't have state issued photo IDs? Those that cannot afford a $20-$50 fee every four years. Small amount to most of us here, but unaffordable to those who survive on about a dollar a day in food stamps.

The work-around is to issue free photo IDs to every adult resident of the state who applies for one. I would venture that most residents already have a driver's license and will not apply, but for those that cannot afford $20 for a photo ID, it takes away this voting hurdle.

it's amazing how many of my "low-income" free and reduced lunch kids have $20-$40 for carnival...parents drive new to 5 yr old suv's. I totally disagree. The only folks that couldn't afford it are the homeless...and if given they are homeless than provide an ID with my tax money.

I believe most states already have laws on the books that everyone (18 and up maybe) must have an ID on them at all times....I know Kansas does.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    obama phone
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

If a person is too ****ing stupid to get an ID they too ****in stupid to vote.
    Exactly
    It takes one to know one, and I know you don't know a damn thing.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Google "Voter IDs are free". There are instruction provided by several state governments instructing voters how they can get their FREE voter ID.

Of course a government issued voter ID card is not a panacea because you then have to have voter polling locations where workers and volunteers actually abide by state laws.
    The Acorn issue notwithstanding, I think there are more instances of the
    polling location abuses than actual fraudulent voting...given what I read/
    heard about during the 2012 election cycle in Florida and other places
    in the Southeast, especially...8 to 10 hour waits in line to vote, denying
    elderly citizen the opportunity to vote now, after they had been able to
    before and I think that it is not restricted to one party or the other...

I can only cite Des Moines as an example, but another point about income
    differences. Drive around this city in the affluent suburbs and 98% of the
    yard signs support the Pubs...go into the inner city/older parts of town
    where it is obviously less affluent and the yard signs, almost as high a
    percentage, support the Dems. Clearly, that supports the lower versus
    higher incomes and who favors whom. The hottest Senate seat race in
    the country shows the Pub candidate outraising the Dem and the $$$ comes
    from outside the state, no small thanks to Citizens United.....yeah, I know
    this is off topic from the OP but, the thread seemed to wander a bit....