Administrator
    vCash

New football commit: Dalton Wood

The Sooners got a commitment from McAlester Tight End Dalton Wood on Monday. Wood (6'4" 250 lbs) is a unique recruit because he's played QB for the past couple of years at McAlester high school. For the 2014 season, Wood was moved from QB to TE, and the Sooners took notice. He's a raw TE, but there is definitely some serious potential there. Wood was expected to play baseball at the next level, and had already received an offer from Oklahoma State, but once the OU offer came for football, Wood didn't hesitate to commit.

Wood is unrated by most services (except Scout, who rates him a 2 star), but that's got everything to do with his inexperience at the position. He's forgoing college baseball to play football for OU in 2015, but I suspect he'll be a redshirt right out of the gate. Has some serious ability and will be interesting to watch his progression.

From my perspective, it appear OU is going more toward tall, lean tight ends. Wood this year, and Meier last year. More in the mold of Blake Bell.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New football commit: Dalton Wood

Just thought I will add Dalton is back to playing QB..The move was just to get him some looks for a couple of games but he is playing QB.
    Bazinga

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

He sounds like a one man wrecking crew for McAlester.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...82bd53c96.html

McAlester (Okla.) High quarterback Dalton Wood won’t come to the Oklahoma City area a lot during his high school days, but the Oklahoma commit was nearby last week.

Sooners Illustrated was there live to watch Wood, a projected tight end for the Sooners, put on a show and what a show it was in a 63-20 victory that had a running clock the entire second half.

Wood rushed for 195 yards and three touchdowns. He threw for 155 yards and three touchdowns and had a kickoff return for a touchdown.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

All of those numbers I believe were at the half..Don't think he made an appearance after that..

Good kid, extra agile for a big kid..Strong arm and I'm not sure I've ever seen an athlete his size return a punt and kickoff for a touchdown before.
    Bazinga