Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Baylorfans thoughts on OU vs TCU

Quote Originally Posted by oupride View Post
    The Baylor/Iowa State is very likely the lowest ever for primetime college football on any broadcast network.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...vernights-low/
    It had two things going against it: Small fanbase teams and nobody expected it to be a strong matchup. At least when OU outmatches its opponents, its fans still watch en masse.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    It had two things going against it: Small fanbase teams and nobody expected it to be a strong matchup. At least when OU outmatches its opponents, its fans still watch en masse.
    The problem is that some Fox sports TV exec out there made the mistake of believing that someone outside of Waco and Ames gave a sh*t about Baylor and Iowa State. The Mexican soccer league games probably get higher overnights than Baylor and Iowa State.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    The problem is that some Fox sports TV exec out there made the mistake of believing that someone outside of Waco and Ames gave a sh*t about Baylor and Iowa State. The Mexican soccer league games probably get higher overnights than Baylor and Iowa State.
    x2

Sick of the Baylor hype.

There a good team, but until they do something worth while. Just another team.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Another problem with Baylor is that Art Briles and Co just aren't likeable. They are not downtrodden losers that are finally tasting success --- that happened already between RG3's Heisman and the Big 12 trophy last year. Now, they are just miserable Texas arrogance in football, which we've seen enough of over the years to give a collective yawn about.

Can the SEC take them? They've already taken two of our annoyances off our hands. One more shouldn't make much difference

vCash

Another problem with Baylor is that Art Briles and Co just aren't likeable. They are not downtrodden losers that are finally tasting success --- that happened already between RG3's Heisman and the Big 12 trophy last year. Now, they are just miserable Texas arrogance in football, which we've seen enough of over the years to give a collective yawn about.

Can the SEC take them? They've already taken two of our annoyances off our hands. One more shouldn't make much difference
    Lord. Don't you remember when the little pansies threatened to sue Texas A&M over the impending break up of the Big 12?

Look, I don't care what they do - and, from television records, neither does the rest of the country. And, when you have no football history to fall back on then get wiped up in a big bowl game by a directional school that shares a conference with SMU...just, no thanks.

Honestly, I'd be more apt to watch the Chivas/America Liga MX match if it were matched up in Saturday prime time with some random Baylor game because at least with a good Mexican soccer rivalry, there's a good chance of a riot in the stands spilling out onto the field.

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

vCash

Lord. Don't you remember when the little pansies threatened to sue Texas A&M over the impending break up of the Big 12?
    Exactly. Since we're talking SEC it can be a shotgun wedding. I bet Arky would volunteer to hold the shotgun since they got humiliated by Aggie last weekend.

The SEC: Dumping ground for egotistical but underachieving programs... say, shall we send the Pokes there too?

vCash

There's so much ridiculous blue-blood entitlement going on in this thread that one could literally choke on it.

vCash

Exactly. Since we're talking SEC it can be a shotgun wedding. I bet Arky would volunteer to hold the shotgun since they got humiliated by Aggie last weekend.

The SEC: Dumping ground for egotistical but underachieving programs... say, shall we send the Pokes there too?
    Yes. Send them somewhere.

And, while we're on the thread hijack to soccer...

...what we P5s should do is what the professional soccer leagues do - relegate the last place teams to a lower division and make them work their way back up.

That would cut out the freeloading of bowl and conference television money that the Baylors, Kansases, and Vanderbilts of the world did for years...and, with Kansas, are still doing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    There's so much ridiculous blue-blood entitlement going on in this thread that one could literally choke on it.
    Does Baylor have the Big 12 crown, or an inferiority complex? Ah, that's what you get when comparing the team that beat almighty Bama in its bowl and the team that beat the lowly AAC champ... directional floor iduh

Sick them, Baylor! Sick them so damn much

vCash

Yes. Send them somewhere.
    AAC. That way they can play Central Florida every year.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

I can't really decide who to root for this WE, Baylor or Texas. On one hand, I can't stand to root for the whorns against anyone, but it would be nice to give them a monumental beat down, show their fans that last year was as big a fluke as Boo Blake actually winning a RRR game, and bring them back to reality after they've glimpsed a sort of mini resurrection by upsetting Baylor.
    On the other hand, I don't think a miracle win for the whorns against Baylor will do anything for us the following week even we stomp them. Ticket prices for the Cotton Bowl will probably be at rock bottom though if Baylor does rip them a new one. ... and if TCU happens to pull an upset, no matter how unlikely, then ticket prices will probably be lower than the popularity of BP combined with Malaysian Airlines.
    A beat down on an undefeated Baylor team at Owen Field would probably be the best scenario.
    I do think Baylor will stomp a mud hole in the whorns, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.

As far as Fox's CFB ratings go, they're probably usually in the toilet (except when they have OU on) since they usually get ESecPN/ABC's CFB scraps. I don't really know how the ""pecking order is determined on CFB telecasts, but Fox execs are probably nut-squeezing like a bunch of aTm aggies when they either get the Sooners vs a high profile opponent or one of the better PAC teams against the same.
    Fox seems content to be the mouse's whipping boy though, at least in getting high profile CFB contests.

BTW, does anyone know if Fox has got MLB immediately before our game on Sat? They usually move the start of their CFB game to their FS-2 which doesn't have much syndication instead of one of their more syndicated FCS stations which, except for one channel, is usually showing taped college gymnastics, wrasslin, or tiddle-d-winks. If they're televising MLB before our game, I'm worried about getting the start of our game if the MLB game goes into extra innings as they did with Texas/Kansas.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 10/1/2014 at 06:49 PM.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oupride View Post
    The Baylor/Iowa State is very likely the lowest ever for primetime college football on any broadcast network.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...vernights-low/
    I was really surprised that was their prime-time game. I know they also have a contract with the PAC, so you'd think they could have found a better match-up.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    I can't really decide who to root for this WE, Baylor or Texas. On one hand, I can't stand to root for the whorns against anyone, but it would be nice to give them a monumental beat down, show their fans that last year was as big a fluke as Boo Blake actually winning a RRR game, and bring them back to reality after they've glimpsed a sort of mini resurrection by upsetting Baylor.
    On the other hand, I don't think a miracle win for the whorns against Baylor will do anything for us the following week even we stomp them. Ticket prices for the Cotton Bowl will probably be at rock bottom though if Baylor does rip them a new one. ... and if TCU happens to pull an upset, no matter how unlikely, then ticket prices will probably be lower than the popularity of BP combined with Malaysian Airlines.
    A beat down on an undefeated Baylor team at Owen Field would probably be the best scenario.
    I do think Baylor will stomp a mud hole in the whorns, but if they don't, I won't lose any sleep over it.
    I'd rather see Baylor win, because I want an undefeated match-up when they come to Norman.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Let's worry about TCU before Texas, and Texas before Baylor.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Let's worry about TCU before Texas, and Texas before Baylor.
    I'll let Stoops and company do that. My worrying order is of no consequence.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm worried that this bye weeks seems to be lasting forever.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Bingo
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Touche

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'm thinking that it is only ridiculous to those who cannot even pretend to have the blue blood.

vCash

Did you forget what forum your on....lol

Props to them showing the big12 love though.. I can't get upset too much.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS