Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: Welp, an observation...

Quote Originally Posted by ObiKaTony View Post
    TK isn't running his offense. He isn't going to pick you apart like Landry, he will however run like colt McCoy as his skill set is similar. Read option (where knight actually has the option to run) and the te we just refuse to use. The offensive scheme I'm not a fan of, our talent wins despite us. You let knight run a bit he doesn't have to make those pin point throws. Tricket had moe rush yards than knight, that is ridiculous...
    How'd that work out for Trickett?

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnnamedSooner View Post
    Not happening. The media is already spinning it into that the SEC west is that much stronger.
    I should have known better. The AP actually closed the gap between OU and A&M (with Auburn sitting in the middle), but the coaches widened the gap. Just shows once again that the media gets it wrong.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    How'd that work out for Trickett?
    I thought his hair looked pretty good after the game, considering…

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I thought his hair looked pretty good after the game, considering…
    Very good observation. He didn't seem to have the pre-game smile though...

vCash

Am I missing something, or did Knight have 19 more rushing yards than Trickett?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400547858

vCash

I really don't think any of the other top teams are down right dominant this year....
    FSU should have 2 loses right now. Oregon barley won last week and they still gotta play UCLA

A&M is way overrated. I have no idea why they are in the top 10. They all will be beating each other up soon. Maybe LSU can knock off bama for us..lol
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 msteudem's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Florida State is nowhere near the same team they were last year. NC State is a decent team, but they are a fringe top 25 team at best. I think that game exposed FSU (and makes the opener againt OSU a little more understandable). Not that OSU is horrible this year, but they are obviously not a top 5 team, and I think that game being close had less to do with it being a shaky opening game, and more to do with FSU not being the same team they were last year.

If Arkansas had a kicker, or the ability to run a 2:00 offense, Texas A&M would have lost. It was a solid win for the Aggies, but I really hope that game will temper some of the "A&M is a playoff contender" talk. Arkansas is better than they were last year, but a long way from being a really good team. At the very least, OU's lead over A&M in the polls should increase (not that the polls matter).

Tennessee showed Georgia what we saw a couple of weeks ago...that they are very talented, but terribly inexperienced. Georgia may have the best group of running backs in the country (although I think we're right up there, but that's for another thread), and Tennessee did a pretty good job of limiting their production. Worley isn't going to win the Heisman, but man I respect that kid. Had he not missed those three series, it would have been a different game. Georgia's a good team, but not a playoff team.

Right now, if I had to pick the top four teams in the country (based on how they've played through the first four weeks of the season):

Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Alabama
    Baylor

Of course that's not how the playoffs will play-out, but that's the four teams I think look the best at this point.

That or if the Big Behemoth lineman Shipper hadn't tripped his man during the one big play towards the end the Hogs would've sealed the deal.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Keep handing the ball to Perine and it won't matter who we beat for the national title...they'll just be another mudprint under his cleat anyway.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Oregon is a toss-up, just because we seem to be snake-bit against them, like the Condoms and Notre Lame.

We would crush FSU, they are so pathetically overrated. I don't know why anyone would have them in their Top 4.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    Oregon is a toss-up, just because we seem to be snake-bit against them, like the Condoms and Notre Lame.

We would crush FSU, they are so pathetically overrated. I don't know why anyone would have them in their Top 4.
    1958: Oklahoma 6, Oregon 0
    1966: Oklahoma 17, Oregon 0
    1972: Oklahoma 68, Oregon 3
    1975: Oklahoma 62, Oregon 7
    2004: Oklahoma 31, Oregon 7
    2005: Oklahoma 17, Oregon 14
    2006: Oregon 34, Oklahoma 33

So...in what way again are we "snake-bit" by Oregon? Are we "snake-bit" by Oklahoma State, too, because they beat us about once every decade or so?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    1958: Oklahoma 6, Oregon 0
    1966: Oklahoma 17, Oregon 0
    1972: Oklahoma 68, Oregon 3
    1975: Oklahoma 62, Oregon 7
    2004: Oklahoma 31, Oregon 7
    2005: Oklahoma 17, Oregon 14
    2006: Oregon 34, Oklahoma 33

So...in what way again are we "snake-bit" by Oregon? Are we "snake-bit" by Oklahoma State, too, because they beat us about once every decade or so?
    And even in that last game, we were snake bit by the refs, not Oregon.

The Ducks defense is not that good and their O-line is going to get Mariotta killed before he collect his Heisman.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

OK... so we've crushed them, with the screw job by the refs.

Doesn't change my opinion about any of it.

P.S. Yes, I'm aware we beat ND last time we played them to. Just in case, you know...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

So having watched most of the top teams this season, we are definitely top 4. This doesn't mean we'll finish in the top 4, but from a talent perspective we belong there.

Things that could prevent us from getting there

1. Mental - this team resembles a Kelvin Sampson team - there are periods of the game where we lose focus on both sides of the ball. When we do on offense, we don't move the ball for 2-3 series. When we do on defense, teams go 80 yards in 2-3 plays. I just worry about a perfect storm here that causes us to get way behind.

2. Scheme - Knight looks like he'd be really susceptible to someone running a quarters defense. It would penalize all of his high throws and take away that over the shoulder fade. If we get against someone who can stop the run with their front 4-5 and run quarters behind it, we might be looking at one of those 4 turnover games that have sunk us in the past. I don't know if we actually face anyone who can do that, but it doesn't mean that people won't try it.