Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Tennessee looking good at Georgia

A whole stadium full of Sooner Haters. At least one side gets to lose.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

I figured the Vols would hang with UGA for a half and then wear down in the second under Gurley.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    FSU gonna fool around and get beat today. They look awful.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    A spike hasn't drawn a flag for decades.

Although I guess I forget that they keep changing the rules. If I was a player, and I scored a touchdown, I would be afraid to run back to the sideline too fast. lol
    I'm not sure where you get you info. Spiking the ball is an automatic unsportsmanlike penalty in college. We've had a couple of those ourselves recently and Stoops let the player know about it.

There's a reason NFL players spike the ball on almost every TD and you almost never see it in college. It's been that way at least dating back to the '70s when I started watching football.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

Bret Romar
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    A spike hasn't drawn a flag for decades.

Although I guess I forget that they keep changing the rules. If I was a player, and I scored a touchdown, I would be afraid to run back to the sideline too fast. lol
    You don't see flags thrown on spikes often because college players not named Kenny Stills are too smart to spike the ball.

It has been a penalty in college for as long as I can remember to spike the ball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

And if I recall correctly, Stills was just a FR when he did that ONCE.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    I'm not sure where you get you info. Spiking the ball is an automatic unsportsmanlike penalty in college. We've had a couple of those ourselves recently and Stoops let the player know about it.

There's a reason NFL players spike the ball on almost every TD and you almost never see it in college. It's been that way at least dating back to the '70s when I started watching football.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I've been questioning my football knowledge since he said that. Not that I'm anywhere close to the level that some of our posters are here. I don't have the knowledge that a former player or a coach would, but I've been going to OU football games since I was 5 and I could have sworn that I've seen plenty of flags thrown for spiking the ball.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.