Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cool Texass QB Expects to be in the Playoffs... this year

They have another Radio on their hands.
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...otball-playoff
    kbohls @kbohls
    Follow

Texas QB Tyrone Swoopes said he "expects to be in the College Football Playoff." This year, he said.

Swoopes said, "We have the talent to do it." With two losses? He said yes.
    People can say whatever they want about the Bootlegger's Boy...just make sure that in MY presence, it's good, or I'll wipe the floor with you.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Texass QB Expects to be in the Playoffs... this year

Another horn player that likes weed?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Impossible to smoke that much weed and still be intelligible. No. To make such a statement sincerely would require something far, far stronger than mere weed.
    I'm thinking an angry combination of LSD and Jimson Weed. Perhaps some ibogaine. Throw in some bath salts and a touch of sodium pentathol. That might make such a statement possible. But it would be a close run thing.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

I think he meant women's volleyball.
    Last edited by oupride; 9/22/2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: what sport?

vCash

I didn't know Radio was back as the QB at texas.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Impossible to smoke that much weed and still be intelligible. No. To make such a statement sincerely would require something far, far stronger than mere weed.
    I'm thinking an angry combination of LSD and Jimson Weed. Perhaps some ibogaine. Throw in some bath salts and a touch of sodium pentathol. That might make such a statement possible. But it would be a close run thing.
    I really doubt it. I remember a few years back when they had the Miami cannibal attack where the guy bit off part of a guys face. There was speculation it was bath salts or other street drugs that caused the attack but I've never heard these type of drugs causing anything as delusional as this.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

True, but you'll note that I used the bath salts for only the final 'over the edge' push and the more industrial grade concoction to move the heavy weight. And also keep in mind that bath salts are a catch all term that can cover a pretty wide group of chemicals. Were I to attempt making someone honestly believe the UT would make the playoffs this year, I'd not mess about and would source my salts from a little lab up on the Mekong 100 km or so W of Louangphrabang.
    Mind you that Tyrone seems less than the sharpest crayon in the box, but still in all, you're talking about a tall order.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

My advice to Swopes?Stick with weed and put away the crack pipe.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Well I think we can all agree that he is a very delusional young man. Good news for him is that there is a course of treatment that has proved very effective in tragic situations like his. It's called Sooner Blunt Force Trauma Therapy. It's a painful, grueling four quarter treatment but should clear his illusions once and for all.
    Last edited by SoonerorLater; 9/22/2014 at 08:03 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Did he get his bell rung one too many times too?
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hey, I like the kid's swagger, even though this prediction is a little bit out there as far as Pluto. At least he's talking FB and not jumping on a table in the middle of the Student Union, and spewing about "wimmen's anatomy"

I've been somewhat impressed with him as a QB so far, and he's sure a lot better than Derp, imo. I sure hope we don't let him have a career game in 3 weeks. If they don't cough it up to Kansas and happen to beat Baylor or play Baylor close even if they lose, then Charlie will pull out all the stops to pull another embarrassing upset at the Cotton Bowl, which I think he does anyway. It would even be more embarrassing this year than last year if our players and coaches believe the press clippings as they did last year and we cough another one up to them.
    One game at a time though, TCU has a pretty darned good team.

vCash

This is one of those I know people deals, but I know people that know this kid and none of them vouch for his brilliant mind.

...and I've been far from impressed by him. Hell, he wasn't an especially good QB at one of the lowest levels of high school football in Texas. If his name wasn't Swoopes he'd be the starter at Southeastern Oklahoma right now.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, that's a serious break with reality going on down there in Austin...

vCash

Technically, if they sweeped the Big XII, they'd have a pretty good shot. Of course, they'll probably be lucky to do better than .500 in the Big XII. I'm glad they have expectations of winning, though. That way it will actually be heartbreaking when they lose to us.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

They've lost 2 games already. Whatever shot they had left at the end of the UCLA game.

vCash

The manner they lost to BYU cuts their odds a bunch even before UCLA. All I care is that we beat them.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe if they fly a couple of planes around at the end of the year with banners showing the score of an important game they have won, that will get them into the playoff.

Last year after the BYU loss Mac said texas would challenge for the B12 title. Everyone on this board ripped him. The week of the game in Dallas, everyone was not predicting not just an OU win, but 40 and 50 point spreads. From kickoff to whistle they dominated us. The B12 came down to the final game, baylor against texas. Just sayin. Lunatics sometimes shouldn't be taken lightly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    Last year after the BYU loss Mac said texas would challenge for the B12 title. Everyone on this board ripped him. The week of the game in Dallas, everyone was not predicting not just an OU win, but 40 and 50 point spreads. From kickoff to whistle they dominated us. The B12 came down to the final game, baylor against texas. Just sayin. Lunatics sometimes shouldn't be taken lightly.
    True, but I don't think Stoops and Co. have ever taken the horns lightly - including last year. They were a bad match-up for us last year, but that shouldn't be the case this year.