Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Herbi has a change of heart

He did pick us to be upset in WV

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    He did pick us to be upset in WV

That's a little weird. Next will be the SI cover and if that doesn't work, he will light candles and draw a pentagram in chicken blood around an OU helmet.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Herbi has a change of heart

Not sure why WV was such a popular upset pick unless people are just looking at our track record over the last decade and seeing inexplicable road losses to inferior teams. But we've shored that up in the last couple of years.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think it was a decent upset pick. WV's offense is going to lay waste to a lot of defenses out there, and Milan Puskar is a very hostile environment. I've been there twice now, and both times it was impressive--especially Saturday! And the way our offense started out, I was somewhat concerned the upset picks were going to prevail. Fortunately, they turned it on, the D clamped down a bit in the 2nd, and we got to cheer the stream of fans leaving early.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    . . . people are just looking at our track record over the last decade and seeing inexplicable road losses to inferior teams. But we've shored that up in the last couple of years.
    I guess you were in a coma last October 12 . . .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

There is an easy explanation for inexplicable losses - road or otherwise. If a team has a say a 90% chance of winning a game, that does not mean it's a game they should not lose. It's a game they should only lose 1 time out of 10. And yet, when that 1 in 10 event comes up, people are dumbfounded. Seems pretty simple to me. And they also think it only happens to their team when examples of it happening to other teams come up on a weekly basis. Humans…

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Pun-ditz are just so damn determined to be right when nobody else is that they will say what absolutely nobody else is saying just so that when that broken clock is right (twice a day!) they can scream hashtag handle hashtag trending worldwide...I CALLED IT

Fact: Alabama replaced a lot of key positions from last year's failures that lost to us in the Sugar Bowl
    Fact: We returned many of our key positions from last year's Sugar Bowl triumph
    Fact: Alabama beat West Virginia on the road earlier (technically a neutral site???)

So why is Bama rated higher than OU? Why was everyone so ready to pick Bama over WVU but not OU over WVU.

Because zombies eat brains and after your brain is eaten by zombies, all you can say is S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Because zombies eat brains and after your brain is eaten by zombies, all you can say is S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C
    You've got a point there. The Walking Dead is set in a suburb of Atlanta - now whose CCG is played in Atlanta?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Nice that Herbie likes the taste of his own foot.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Nice that Herbie likes the taste of his own foot.

5-0
    He's just using the logic what have you done for me lately.

Out the top 4 in the pre-season rankings he picked us to be the ones to not make the playoffs.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    I guess you were in a coma last October 12 . . .
    Neutral field.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Strictly based on results, one of these teams do not belong.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oupride View Post
    Strictly based on results, one of these teams do not belong.
    If we use Lester logic, the FSU overtime game, win or lose, was actually a tie. Remember how he argued that his two OT losses were actually ties that year they let LSU in with two losses? Had nothing to do with the zombies chanting S-E-C of course.

If that type of hat-brained logic can get you into championship contention, why can't it also keep you out

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    There is an easy explanation for inexplicable losses - road or otherwise. If a team has a say a 90% chance of winning a game, that does not mean it's a game they should not lose. It's a game they should only lose 1 time out of 10. And yet, when that 1 in 10 event comes up, people are dumbfounded. Seems pretty simple to me. And they also think it only happens to their team when examples of it happening to other teams come up on a weekly basis. Humans…
    And when you're favored in at least 10 games per year, that's a lot of opportunities to run into that 1 in 10.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    And when you're favored in at least 10 games per year, that's a lot of opportunities to run into that 1 in 10.
    A very simple example is if you play 10 games and have a 90% chance of winning each one, the odds of going undefeated is about 1 in 3. Winning games is not like rolling dice or picking balls from an urn, rather each game is like running lots of such experiments. But the math is the same. And that "magic season" is the one where that 1/3 possibility of things going right actually happens.