Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: those damn selfish KOCH brothers...how dare they....

Fred Koch Jr has an alternate life style he should be a favorite of the left

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ---Going to post the article from the daily Kos?---
    What part of FAMILY LORE do you know understand? Liberals don't buy into liberal media outlets like conservative buy into constitutive outlets.

vCash

Fred Koch Jr has an alternate life style he should be a favorite of the left
    What the **** does fred koch jr have to do with koch industries, charles and david and their political agenda?

vCash

The Family lore is that Charles and David Koch took a company probably worth $50M and grew it to be worth $60 Billion---not a bad record

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    What the **** does fred koch jr have to do with koch industries, charles and david and their political agenda?
    ---Did I say he did? ---He could be a poster child for the left

vCash

The Family lore is that Charles and David Koch took a company probably worth $50M and grew it to be worth $60 Billion---not a bad record
    Show just how little you actually know about the koch's. Talking about fred here not david and charles. Tell me about stealing oil from federal lands and Indians.

vCash

Show just how little you actually know about the koch's. Talking about fred here not david and charles. Tell me about stealing oil from federal lands and Indians.
    Guess who brought the suit against Koch ----It was brother Bill Koch after he sold out to Charles and David and was pissed ----Koch was fined really not a big deal....I have met Charles and David have you?

vCash

Guess who brought the suit against Koch ----It was brother Bill Koch after he sold out to Charles and David and was pissed ----Koch was fined really not a big deal....I have met Charles and David have you?
    So you met them huh? Big ****ing deal, so you know all about them huh? Did you lick their boots when you did? Genuflect? Giggle like a school girl?

So, now turning in a thief is selling out? Really? Stealing? OOHHHHHH it's ok when it's a CONSERVATIVE who is stealing huh? GOT YA!

Oppose The Future has the story of how Koch Oil was caught stealing oil from an Indian Reservation, reducing or removing the incomes of so many poor residents.

At some point in 1987, Thurmon Parton’s royalty checks for the three oil wells he inherited from his mother suddenly dropped from $3,000 a month to a little over $1,000. He and his sister, Arnita Gonzalez, members of the Caddo tribe, lived near Gracemont, Oklahoma, a town of a few hundred people on a small grid on the prairie.

Those modest royalties were the only source of income each of them had.

. . . What happened to Mr. Parton, Ms. Gonzales and Ms. Limpy had nothing to do with the wells or how they were producing. Their oil was being stolen. And all of the evidence pointed to the same culprit: Koch Oil, a division of Koch Industries.

This is an important story today because it helps us understand the nature of the Koch operation, which has so much influence over our politics and even livelihoods today. It also helps us understand why our government not only appears to be influenced, but often to be outright corrupted. From the story,

In the spring of 1989, a Special Committee on Investigations of the United States Senate’s Select Committee on Indian Affairs was formed to look into concerns that the path to tribal self-rule was impeded by fraud, corruption and mismanagement from all sides.

… Within a span of months, the Special Committee determined that “Koch [Oil] was engaged in systematic theft, stealing millions in Oklahoma alone.” BLM, even with a tip that Koch was behaving improperly, hadn’t done a thing.

Not a big deal? LAUGHABLE.

"We in the company referred to it as the "Koch Method" because it was a system for cheating the producer out of oil," said one of these gaugers, Mark Wilson.

The company used the Koch method with virtually all its customers. In the 1980's alone, Koch records show those so-called adjustments brought the company 300 million gallons of oil it never paid for. And it was pure profit.

Bill Koch says that profits from that oil were a minimum of $230 million.

But in December 1999, the jury found that Koch Industries did steal oil from the public and lied about its purchases – 24 thousand times.

300 million gallons of oil, $230 million, 24 thousand times - NO BIG DEAL?

lemming
    Last edited by Sooner8th; 9/22/2014 at 09:02 PM.

vCash

The suit involved $550,000 from about 25,000 truck tickets that's about $22 per load--------The entire suit was about tank measurement a problem that anyone involved in the lease business knows about----Bill Koch financed the suit the Koch people did not handle it well---- At that time Bill Koch would have done anything to hurt Charles ----Your story although touching lacks any proof----If the Gov't could prove all these claims why did they settle for $25M?
    Last edited by REDREX; 9/22/2014 at 09:25 PM.

vCash

Good jorb keepin the water chummed for the MoranTard . I may take him off Iggy after Foot ball.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Good jorb keepin the water chummed for the MoranTard . I may take him off Iggy after Foot ball.
    --- Its a waste of time to talk to him---I try to avoid it

vCash

The suit involved $550,000 from about 25,000 truck tickets that's about $22 per load--------The entire suit was about tank measurement a problem that anyone involved in the lease business knows about----Bill Koch financed the suit the Koch people did not handle it well---- At that time Bill Koch would have done anything to hurt Charles ----Your story although touching lacks any proof----If the Gov't could prove all these claims why did they settle for $25M?
    you left out that was for oil stolen from 1985 to 1989.

So...............a suit involving $550,000 is settled for $25 million? Who the **** is their lawyer? Do you really believe that? It is common knowledge around the company that koch had been stealing oil for years.

The FBI investigated and found Charles Koch personally ordered the multimillion-dollar pilfering of oil. He was on tape saying, I want my fair share and that's all of it.

In August, 1989, in the wake of the Senate hearings and William Koch's lawsuit, senior Koch executives met to draft a plan designed to improve the company's image nationally--but particularly in Oklahoma, documents show. Top officials were assigned to cozy up to the state's most influential citizens, including oil-industry leaders and politicians.

Spearheaded by Ron Howell, Koch's director of state affairs for Oklahoma, this drive was the first in a string of events that may have culminated in the dropping of the government's investigation of the mil-theft charges. Howell, then a Republican district leader, greatly expanded the company's contributions to charitable causes and political campaigns, including that of Nickles, a protege of Bob Dole. From Apr. 19, 1991, through Nov. 2, 1992, David Koch and the Koch Industries political action committee together contributed $7,000 to Nickles' campaign war chest. Around the same time, Nickles sponsored Timothy D. Leonard, an old friend of Nickles, for the post of U.S. Attorney in Oklahoma City, a job Leonard assumed in October, 1989. When the Senate committee probing the oil-theft charges was referred to the U.S. Attorney's office in Oklahoma City, which convened a rare special grand jury, Leonard took over the case.

Initially, questions were raised in the U.S. attorney's office about whether Leonard should recuse himself because Koch Industries purchased oil from wells in which Leonard and his family had royalty interests, documents show. In a Mar. 21, 1991, letter to Leonard, then-Deputy Attorney General William P. Barr granted him a waiver to participate in the case, stating that the amount Leonard received--which is deleted in the copy of the letter that was made public--were not large enough to create a conflict. But some question that decision. Says Walter F. Timpone, a Morristown (N.J.) attorney who until 1994 headed the public corruption unit at the U.S. Attorney's office in Newark: "It's unusual for a U.S. attorney to ask for a waiver of conflict rules, and most U.S. attorneys recuse themselves to avoid even the question of an appearance of impropriety."

In March, 1992, after an 18-month investigation, the U.S. Attorney's office terminated the grand jury probe and informed Koch it anticipated no indictments. There is no evidence that Leonard's office was pressured into making its decision. But people involved in the Senate investigation are still upset. Says DeConcini, who retired from the Senate in January, 1995: "I was surprised and disappointed. Our evidence was so strong. Our investigation was some of the finest work the Senate has ever done. There was an overwhelming case against Koch." As the grand jury investigation was winding down, Nickles sponsored Leonard for a federal judgeship. He was nominated by President Bush in November, 1991, and confirmed by the Senate the following August.

In a rare interview for a sitting federal judge, Leonard said there was "never direct or indirect pressure brought to bear on me on any investigation when I was in office...." He added that "there was not enough evidence...to return indictments or continue the investigation." Nickles says he was "not even aware that the U.S. Attorney's office was involved in a criminal investigation of Koch. I never had a conversation with Leonard about it." In a Mar. 13 letter to BUSINESS WEEK that said the magazine was considering publishing "false and discredited charges about Koch Industries," Cordes said: "There was not one scintilla of evidence that any pressures were brought to bear on the U.S. Attorney's office or the grand jury."

vCash

this requires the national guard to be called out

but stealing millions in oil from federal lands is no big deal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

So they "provide" jobs? They just give them out willy nilly? These people who work for koch do nothing for them, like make them richer? It's all gratis?

What great guys!! I've got to get me one of those koch ask nothing in return jobs.

This is the difference between republicans and democrats - republicans think they provide jobs and get nothing in return and democrats KNOW people who have those jobs earn them and they make the company money in return for their salary.
    where did I say that? you're such an dumba$$...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

What part of FAMILY LORE do you know understand? Liberals don't buy into liberal media outlets like conservative buy into constitutive outlets.
    lol..holy $hit ..you've got to be kidding...right?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I generally stay away from this part of the board, but I can't help but see it every once in a while, and I always wonder if 8th has any friends.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I saw a PR ad during a college football break for KOCH and I figured it was the company of the infamous brothers, but I really wasn't sure... it was just kind of nice to have a 30 second break from the Geico pigs squealing at me or whatever

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    No it's not. I didn't start this one.

This thread is about the Koch Bros.

I appreciate the work they've done toward medical and scientific research. It's a very nice gesture.

What I don't like is their yearly summit meetings with politicos, giving them their marching orders. "Do as we say or we'll only give you thousands instead of millions."

60 thousand jobs ?? A drop in the bucket. With their billions they could hire hundreds of thousands, starting many industries and really help our economy. Instead they spend it on buying political favour, even on the town level.

5-0
    You mean like Tom Steyer?

I guess you forgot George Soros little project, SOSP.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    You mean like Tom Steyer?

I guess you forgot George Soros little project, SOSP.
    SOSP became defunct in 2010 - FOUR YEARS AGO. Try again. This is another acorn stole the 2012 election.

When it was operating, did they bring in state and federal legislators, city and county commissioners all expense paid to 5 star resorts for several days of here are the laws you need to pass? Pre-written for them to introduce? NO, when it was operating it was to try to get democrats elected to secretary of state in states. If alec was a democratic organization conservatives would be screaming about how un-American and un-democratic this is, but as long as it's conservatives and the kochs its ok with you guys.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    8th is plugged into the central feed and has the truth delivered daily.....

[IMG][/IMG]