Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sanchez....selfish or gutty performance..?

I like Sanchez and he is playing hurt, I think most players will play hurt unless they are pulled by the coach or truly in terrible pain. I never wanted to come out of a game. My only concern, other than him healing up, is him learning to tackle. A few times each game he ankle dives or shoulder lunges and his man gets free for an extra 10 YAC. He needs to at least learn to grab a jersey or something. But I think he is showing a lot of guts right now with his field effort. Lets hope he heals in these two weeks. And learns to wrap up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    I like Sanchez and he is playing hurt, I think most players will play hurt unless they are pulled by the coach or truly in terrible pain. I never wanted to come out of a game. My only concern, other than him healing up, is him learning to tackle. A few times each game he ankle dives or shoulder lunges and his man gets free for an extra 10 YAC. He needs to at least learn to grab a jersey or something. But I think he is showing a lot of guts right now with his field effort. Lets hope he heals in these two weeks. And learns to wrap up.
    He can't wrap up. He's hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    After the Mountaineer's last TD Sanchez was still out there flying, trying to block that PAT.

He came close.

I hope he gets some needed rest and therapy. He'll be needed come Baylor.

5-0
    You mean second to last? They went for two on their last one

Speaking of the last TD and going for two. I thought it was great that White was in Sanchez's face the entire game talking sh*t to him (i couldn't believe they didn't call taunting at one point), then White gets absolutely lit up by Striker and failed the 2 point, Striker then proceeds to get in his face like he'd been doing to Sanchez all day.
    I like to think Striker knew about it from Sanchez talking on the sideline

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Speaking of the last TD and going for two. I thought it was great that White was in Sanchez's face the entire game talking sh*t to him (i couldn't believe they didn't call taunting at one point), then White gets absolutely lit up by Striker and failed the 2 point, Striker then proceeds to get in his face like he'd been doing to Sanchez all day.
    I like to think Striker knew about it from Sanchez talking on the sideline
    I noticed that too and loved it. White had at least 30lbs on Sanchez and it looked like Striker playing big brother and saying "here's a hit from someone your own size, MF".

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    He can't wrap up. He's hurt.
    White is going to be tough on any CB he faces. I really like Zach's cover skills, but he couldn't wrap up before he was hurt. I do think M. Stoops should have taken him out there late in the game when it was obvious he was hurting. Surely a healthy Jordan Thomas is better than a one armed Zach.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"