Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Perine appreciation thread

I remember when Dupree got 24X in the Sun Bowl (?) in about 1984.....in less than three quarters, playing with cracked ribs. My God. Had he been fully healthy, and had he stayed in, he could have rushed for 400-500 alone.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Perine makes himself very easy to like and it's cool when a guy has a special game like that. But I'd rather not see any of our backs getting 30+ carries as a matter of routine.
    Man I couldn't disagree more. I LOVED see Perine getting 30+ carries. He is built to be a workhorse back. He is built to carry it 30+ times. The best thing we could do is go away from the rb by committee, and make Perine our feature back, and just pound people with him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTip View Post
    There was a good article in the Austin American Statesman today by Berry Tramel of the Daily Oklahoman:
    http://newsok.com/sooners-baby-bull-...stom_click=rss

He mentioned that Perine's 242 yards was more than Alabama's duo of Yeldon and Henry's 239 combined yards against the same team.
    In their defense, they combined for only a few more carries. I would love for Perine to be comparable to Henry, though. He's the real deal. Hopefully Yeldon doesn't get hurt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dennis580 View Post
    Man I couldn't disagree more. I LOVED see Perine getting 30+ carries. He is built to be a workhorse back. He is built to carry it 30+ times. The best thing we could do is go away from the rb by committee, and make Perine our feature back, and just pound people with him.
    Sure, it's fun to watch and helps us fans vicariously grow hair on our chests. But backs that carry loads like that either get injured or wear down late in the season. I agree that the definition of a heavy load varies with the RB and Perine's number is going to be higher than most. I don't see 34 as a good thing week in and week out even for a big guy like Perine. Against a 3 man front like WVU's and before a bye week is fine.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    For whatever reason, people like to argue on the Internet.
    "I possess in my pocket a device that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. but I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers."

I know you've all seen that now, but it's so true, it makes me laugh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mac94's Avatar
    vCash

Perine was at the Hendrickson vs McNeil game last night (along with coach Bobby Jack Wright) ... he was walking around chatting with everyone, everyone was getting their pic taken with him. My kids wanted a pic with him so got a chance to chat for a few minutes with him. Great kid ... huge smile on his face the whole night ... great with all the kids that approached him. He's a talent on the field ... have never heard a bad word about him here in Pville ... and was very polite and friendly meeting face to face. The Sooners got a great one with Perine.
    Gig 'Em and God Bless