Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Kansas State vs Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    So much for SEC defense. KSU moved right down the field on Auburn several times, but they forgot when you get to the endzone, you are supposed to score. Typical of a mediocre program when a big game comes to town. Reminds me of OSU........
    As Stoops would always say, the goal on defense is to keep your opponent from scoring not to limit their number of yards. Just as many OU teams have done, Auburn toughened up in the redzone. They can't get credit for the missed field goals but they can for keeping KSU out of the endzone.

vCash

By the way, when Auburn was on offense I kept hearing this really odd sound from my TV. It was sort of like the fans making noise to disrupt the offfense (which they were doing) but was not natural sounding. I suspected that the microphones were picking up sound being piped into the speaker system...

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

As a sidenote, kudos to KSU for really cleaning up their sh!tty splinter butt stadium. It looked really shiny and sharp (and overflowing with spectators for a Thursday night game!) when they played last night.

As for the game, I'd say KSU defense has the potential to give some of us Big 12 "powerhouses" a problem later on. This would be one of those seasons where it would be fun to have North/South divisions so we don't necessarily have to play them.

That poor kicker. I'm sure Bill Snyder said some nice things to him afterward, because he's that type of coach. You know, the type that will take out the opposing team's Heisman quarterback's knees but give him own players extra hugs after rough days

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

put this on the meltdown thread...sorry badg...

3 missed FG's = 9 points
    1 TD picked off = 7 points
    1 fumble led to Auburn FG = -3

SHOULD have been 30/17 but if's and but's are not candy and nuts....not overly impressed by Auburn. Actually more impressed by ksu...but we get them in Norman

* Snyder said 2/3 FG tries were basically the snapper/holder's fault.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    By the way, when Auburn was on offense I kept hearing this really odd sound from my TV. It was sort of like the fans making noise to disrupt the offfense (which they were doing) but was not natural sounding. I suspected that the microphones were picking up sound being piped into the speaker system...
    It's probably a new "tradition" that KSU made up. KSU fans like to invent new "traditions" every year. I think the goal is to try and get one of them to stick on the off chance that it'll end up like the MSU cowbells or something, with the ultimate goal of someday getting a recruit to actually WANT to go there.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    put this on the meltdown thread...sorry badg...

3 missed FG's = 9 points
    1 TD picked off = 7 points
    1 fumble led to Auburn FG = -3

SHOULD have been 30/17 but if's and but's are not candy and nuts....not overly impressed by Auburn. Actually more impressed by ksu...but we get them in Norman

* Snyder said 2/3 FG tries were basically the snapper/holder's fault.
    I have to say that I wasn't even that impressed with KSU honestly. They looked slow most of the night, IMO, and the defense was out of place a lot in the 2nd half. That could be because they were taking chances, trying to cause a turnover...which they couldn't cash in. But all it really did was give Auburn first downs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    I have to say that I wasn't even that impressed with KSU honestly. They looked slow most of the night, IMO, and the defense was out of place a lot in the 2nd half. That could be because they were taking chances, trying to cause a turnover...which they couldn't cash in. But all it really did was give Auburn first downs.
    According to ESPN, one thing that made them look slow was that Auburn was stealing signals. Doesn't seem like Snyder to go throwing out an accusation like that unless he had proof.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    According to ESPN, one thing that made them look slow was that Auburn was stealing signals. Doesn't seem like Snyder to go throwing out an accusation like that unless he had proof.
    Supposedly FSU said it last year too after the Championship game.

Man, wouldn't if have been one hell of a year if all the Big 12 teams beat there SEC opponents?

SEC who???????????????? lol
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but I don't follow what Snyder does very closely. It was obvious in the BCS title game last year that Auburn was stealing once the info. came out. Auburn had not been very stout on D the entire year, but looked like the '85 Bears in the first half against an offense no one had been able to stop. Fisher said they changed the signs in the second half and suddenly they moved and scored with ease. I would think disguising signs is important in any game, but any coach would be super careful playing Auburn now.