Thread: Coaches Poll

Drown Their Kittens Coaches Poll

Not sure if this deserved it's own thread but oh well. I personally, usually, follow and agree more with the USA Today Poll at least at this point in the season. Now i'm very confused about something. I know the polls can change in ridiculous ways sometimes... but if the damn ducks were going to jump us then why did they do it after beating a weak wyoming team, and not jump us after they beat a top 10 team? Did I miss something in that wyoming win?

vCash

Re: Coaches Poll

i don't think they generally get together and vote beforehand. maybe some of the voters thought they should have climbed last week, but didn't vote them higher, or us lower until seeing that they didn't move as much as they thought they would/should and corrected this week

Administrator
    vCash

When you get to the top 4 or 5 teams, it's hard to "read" into what the rankings mean from week-to-week. For instance, OU got more first place votes this week (4) than we had the previous week (3), but still dropped behind Oregon (who had the same number of first place votes in both weeks). I don't really know the ins and outs of the point system in the coaches poll, but we were only ahead of Oregon by 1 point last week. This week, Oregon is ahead of us by 9 points. Either way, it's extremely close.

If we take care of business this week, I'm sure we'll be back in front of Oregon (who plays a terrible Washington State team).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I've read in multiple places that many coaches don't take the early ballots seriously and delegate their balloting to minions. Could be some of them just caught up with current results.

vCash

Shoulda been a Pole!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Yeah.. Dang polls. This playoff system better work more sufficiently. As much as I HATE the ducks.. In my opinion if you beat a top 10 team especially out of conference then you should jump much higher than the teams that haven't even played ranked teams. Florida State would of course stay #1 after returning so many starters.

Then again early season rankings don't mean too much (they mean more than they should when the end of the season comes around of course) and Tennessee could very well end up being a better team than Michigan State through the year.