Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Who has the worst fans in the big XII ?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Who has the worst fans in the big XII ?

Well Mizzou and Colorado aren't around to challenge anymore. At least Taco Tech has some competition with WVU.

vCash

I assume the OP means besides Texsa? Haven't met too many WVU fans, so Imma have to go w/ Tech and their battery throwin ways.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Administrator
    vCash

Colorado would have won this award going away, but since they are long gone I would guess Tech. However, listening to the players talk this week, it sounds like WVU fans are rough. That article seems to back that up.

vCash

Back in the day it was Kansas State, they never won so all they did was harass the visiting team. The best fans by far were Nebraska fans," kinda" like OU fans, so used to wining, they were glad you were in town spending money.
    TEXAS IS GOD'S COUNTRY---IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST

Sooner Starter
    vCash

You ask the players who have been to 'Lubbick' and they'll say Texas Tech...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Colorado would have won this award going away, but since they are long gone I would guess Tech. However, listening to the players talk this week, it sounds like WVU fans are rough. That article seems to back that up.
    Not even close. Missouri was by far the worst in the old Big 8/Big 12 days.

Never been to West Virginia but going this weekend, so I can't speak on their fans. I have made several trips to Lubbock and they win the current Big 12 asshat award.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24 View Post

Never been to West Virginia but going this weekend, so I can't speak on their fans. I have made several trips to Lubbock and they win the current Big 12 asshat award.
    I only made one trip to Columbia (and that was in the early 90s), and I didn't have any issues (of course Mizzou was really bad then).

CU fans were horrible Boulder (on every occasion), and were pretty bad in Norman too.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I only made one trip to Columbia (and that was in the early 90s), and I didn't have any issues (of course Mizzou was really bad then).

CU fans were horrible Boulder (on every occasion), and were pretty bad in Norman too.
    Careful - you're talking about my mother there.

vCash

Now that we cut out the Aggie cancer, I'd say Tech fans as the worst is the correct answer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24 View Post

Did you spend much time in College Station? Aggie is the correct answer followed closely by Colorado and then Mizzou.

And who the hell is 'Oklahoma University?' I've never heard of Oklahoma University.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Now that we cut out the Aggie cancer, I'd say Tech fans as the worst is the correct answer.
    Agreed.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Careful - you're talking about my mother there.
    I have lots of friends that are CU fans, and they agree with me. Although, things are much different now. I think your mom hit me with a snowball one year..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    And who the hell is 'Oklahoma University?' I've never heard of Oklahoma University.
    Don't get me started on that. It drives me crazy to hear or read that.

I think the university should undertake a media campaign to emphasize that OU is "the University of Oklahoma" and remind everyone that CU, KU, MU, and NU are all follow the same pattern. It's a Big 8 thing.

vCash

I have lots of friends that are CU fans, and they agree with me. Although, things are much different now. I think your mom hit me with a snowball one year..
    Could be, she has a good arm.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

This is really a silly debate because the true answer is that they all exceed at 'fail' in their own way.

Texas: Obnoxious in victory, pathetic in defeat, their fans are surprisingly ignorant of the game and simply assume that they'll win, 'Because we're Texas'.

Baylor: Used to be mostly creepy in a strange cultish kind of way. Now graduating on towards a shrill arrogance exposing that they don't know how they got to where they are, but, BY GOD, they're going get some licks in before it all goes away again. For another century or so.

Taco Tech: Welp. We know, and they know and everyone else knows, too. They're stuck out in a place that a self-respecting country would use for a penal colony; fans of, perhaps, the fifth or sixth 'best' school in their state, stuck with sporting programs that are perennially almost there. But not quite. No wonder they're hurt, confused, angry people. Were they more intelligent, they might find a respectable self-irony in it all. But, no, dim witted lashing out is about the extent of it.

TCU: They have fans?

OSU: Truculent, irrelevant, and prone to miscues of a stupendous grandeur (E/W Stadium anyone?) is no way to lead a happy life. Especially not combined with an unhealthy interest in animal 'husbandry'.

KSU: Other than the fact that they yaw wildly between whininess and bloated braggadocio, sometimes within the same ten minute span, the Fighting Snyders are probably the pick of the lot.

Kansas: Also not bad football fans. ******* basketball fans. They must save it up or something.

Iowa State: If wishing they were Iowa (and thus part of the B1G) can be a formative principle for a fan base, then there you are. It's just always seemed a little sad to me. And apparently, to judge from the self destructive level of alcoholism prevalent thereabouts, it makes them sad, as well.

WVU: I really have nothing abusive to say about WVU fans. One of them even listened to BBSr doing the Bar-S hotdog plug for the 975th time during one game with me and commented that he felt WVU fans would fit right into the Big12. Plus they're not Texans of any stripe whatsoever. So they've got THAT going for them.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I've long despised KSU fans more than any other. But that's probably because I lived through the 90s in Kansas. I've never met a KSU fan that didn't cause me to roll my eyes clear around to the back of my head.

Kanto put it nicely - bloated braggadocio.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    This is really a silly debate because the true answer is that they all exceed at 'fail' in their own way.

Texas: Obnoxious in victory, pathetic in defeat, their fans are surprisingly ignorant of the game and simply assume that they'll win, 'Because we're Texas'.

Baylor: Used to be mostly creepy in a strange cultish kind of way. Now graduating on towards a shrill arrogance exposing that they don't know how they got to where they are, but, BY GOD, they're going get some licks in before it all goes away again. For another century or so.

Taco Tech: Welp. We know, and they know and everyone else knows, too. They're stuck out in a place that a self-respecting country would use for a penal colony; fans of, perhaps, the fifth or sixth 'best' school in their state, stuck with sporting programs that are perennially almost there. But not quite. No wonder they're hurt, confused, angry people. Were they more intelligent, they might find a respectable self-irony in it all. But, no, dim witted lashing out is about the extent of it.

TCU: They have fans?

OSU: Truculent, irrelevant, and prone to miscues of a stupendous grandeur (E/W Stadium anyone?) is no way to lead a happy life. Especially not combined with an unhealthy interest in animal 'husbandry'.

KSU: Other than the fact that they yaw wildly between whininess and bloated braggadocio, sometimes within the same ten minute span, the Fighting Snyders are probably the pick of the lot.

Kansas: Also not bad football fans. ******* basketball fans. They must save it up or something.

Iowa State: If wishing they were Iowa (and thus part of the B1G) can be a formative principle for a fan base, then there you are. It's just always seemed a little sad to me. And apparently, to judge from the self destructive level of alcoholism prevalent thereabouts, it makes them sad, as well.

WVU: I really have nothing abusive to say about WVU fans. One of them even listened to BBSr doing the Bar-S hotdog plug for the 975th time during one game with me and commented that he felt WVU fans would fit right into the Big12. Plus they're not Texans of any stripe whatsoever. So they've got THAT going for them.
    I'd say you pretty much nailed it.

Iowa State fans are like winning lottery tickets, I read about them and sometimes see them on TV, but nobody I know (nor myself) has every seen one. I'd almost put them in the 'good' category, simply because I've never had any kind of interaction with them. Even the few that show up to Sooner home games against ISU seem shy, almost afraid.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Could be, she has a good arm.
    That's not her only good quality.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I'd say you pretty much nailed it.

Iowa State fans are like winning lottery tickets, I read about them and sometimes see them on TV, but nobody I know (nor myself) has every seen one. I'd almost put them in the 'good' category, simply because I've never had any kind of interaction with them. Even the few that show up to Sooner home games against ISU seem shy, almost afraid.
    I see a few pro-ISU logos and license plates on cars up here in KC now and then, but never actually met an ISU fan.