Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: FSU"s Winston out for the first half

Fla. St. has to be the luckiest team I have seen since the last Ohio St. title team. STFU Fischer. You know how to win? It was luck.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Without getting into all the questionable things that happened with that investigation, he wasn't acquitted. Charges simply were not filed. So it is technically something he could still be prosecuted for. Given that fact, if it were me I'd be damn sure I wasn't running my mouth in public saying things like that. Consider that he came out onto the field dressed to play and acted like he didn't even know he was being benched. Even though I'm sure that was the first thing people have mentioned to him for the past 2-3 days now.. There are a lot of boneheads out there, but I'm starting to think they all look up to his example.
    It's not like he is the first dumb football player people would look up to. Wether he was aquited or not I still don't believe he did it. While he wasn't aquited, the accuser's lawyer has done nothing further to prove the case was mishandled as she claims.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

They need to reset the "time since Jameis last did something stupid tracker" to kickoff.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

I have never had any real bad feelings towards FSU, especially since we have owned them for decades. However, the conduct of Winston and their lucky wins over OSU and Clemson are really getting on my nerves. Let's hope they get knocked off later this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    I have never had any real bad feelings towards FSU, especially since we have owned them for decades. However, the conduct of Winston and their lucky wins over OSU and Clemson are really getting on my nerves. Let's hope they get knocked off later this season.
    Notre Dame should be very interesting

vCash

Watching white guys in face paint running around mock scalping Oklahoma fans who were probably actually Indian was enough to sour me on them. Perennially overrated in the ACC where beating Clemson and VT is sold as an achievement. Don't really care enough about them enough to call it hate, but I also would be amused if some form of venereal disease afflicted everyone connected with that program.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

They should have lost..
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs
    It's not, but playing time is not a constitutional right.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Sooo… Let's say that Clemson can stop being Clemson for 1 game, and they jump all over FSU in the first half and manage to hold on to the lead and win the game. How do the FSU fans react? Do they blame Winston for being an idiot or do they blame the school for benching him? How would the committee view this at the end of the year if that's the only FSU loss and they win the ACC?
    Guess we won't find out because Clemson cannot stop being Clemson for 1 game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs
    There is no "freedom of speech" on college campuses, if it ever did exist it doesn't anymore.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    There is no "freedom of speech" on college campuses, if it ever did exist it doesn't anymore.
    There is freedom of speech on college campuses. Go to most any school and you will see all kinds of open activism on campus. However, there are proper consequences for inappropriate conduct by a student, such as standing on a table in the student union and yelling obscene statements. There is no issue here.

vCash

Freedom of speech does not mean immunity from consequences. There are lots of things I can say at work without any worry of being arrested - but I could certainly get fired for it.

vCash

Fla. St. has to be the luckiest team I have seen since the last Ohio St. title team. STFU Fischer. You know how to win? It was luck.
    Normally, I'd agree. But I've seen Clemson pull this sort of chit year after year. They are one of the chumpy-est, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory type of teams out there. It wasn't luck unless you count Clemson being on schedule the week their dumass QB was benched.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

He not only is a dumbazz, but he's an attention whore too. All that smiling and running down the sideline was for the TV and was fake as hell, imo.
    Every time I glanced over at that game, ESecPN on ABC was showing him, instead of the players that played the game. Hell, if I had a Heisman ballot, I wouldn't even have him on it.

LOL, just heard that azz-clown announcer that's doing the Wazu/Oregon game that "OU struggled with W Va, and he might have to rethink his ballot. I guess the freakin' game that he's watching is not a struggle for Oregon, and only a one TD lead in the 4th is a cake-walk. Dumbazz is strong in that one.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 9/21/2014 at 12:30 AM.

vCash

maybe The Pirate will make it moot

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    He not only is a dumbazz, but he's an attention whore too. All that smiling and running down the sideline was for the TV and was fake as hell, imo.
    Every time I glanced over at that game, ESecPN on ABC was showing him, instead of the players that played the game. Hell, if I had a Heisman ballot, I wouldn't even have him on it.

LOL, just heard that azz-clown announcer that's doing the Wazu/Oregon game that "OU struggled with W Va, and he might have to rethink his ballot. I guess the freakin' game that he's watching is not a struggle for Oregon, and only a one TD lead in the 4th is a cake-walk. Dumbazz is strong in that one.
    He knows who his audience is. Whether they're rooting for Oregon or Wazzu, they want the other conferences to struggle as much as we do.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    He knows who his audience is. Whether they're rooting for Oregon or Wazzu, they want the other conferences to struggle as much as we do.
    He just did the Michael Jackson back shuffle and said he wouldn't move any of his top 4, but he would put Bama up ahead of Mich. State. Guess he re-thought it, and agreed his earlier comment was SFB.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    He just did the Michael Jackson back shuffle and said he wouldn't move any of his top 4, but he would put Bama up ahead of Mich. State. Guess he re-thought it, and agreed his earlier comment was SFB.
    Good times.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    maybe The Pirate will make it moot
    The Pirate took one up the tailpipe from the refs on their last possession. Extremely obvious PI not called that would have put Wazzou 1st and 10 in the redzone with a chance to tie. Can't say it cost them the game, but it ended their chances to win right there at a time their chances were not bad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

There is freedom of speech on college campuses. Go to most any school and you will see all kinds of open activism on campus. However, there are proper consequences for inappropriate conduct by a student, such as standing on a table in the student union and yelling obscene statements. There is no issue here.
    Sure some activism is allowed...as long as you are on the "correct side" of the argument in the eyes of the administration and campus loud mouths.