Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: FSU"s Winston out for the first half

I don't think he was mocking the meme. He just seems to lack even the most basic common sense. Foxsports was reporting that this suspension probably has a lot to do with all the things he's done since last season. Apparently he missed some kind of meeting with the other players who were named in the rape allegation. His attorney said they weren't notified, but the attorneys for the other players had some kind of proof he was. Also, he caught some flak over the summer for telling recruits that being a starting QB at FSU "gets you all the girls." I'm sure thats probably true, but I also think that 99.9% of people who had been accused of rape less than a year before would be a bit more careful about saying crap like that. Guy seems like a true bonehead.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

I don't remember the exact date but it was 1983, women became men, men became wusses and everyone lost their sense of humor. It was the day the laughter died.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    I don't remember the exact date but it was 1983, women became men, men became wusses and everyone lost their sense of humor. It was the day the laughter died.
    What happened that year that caused you to think that?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Mocking the meme is not the right choice of words - should have said imitating the meme. I guess that's gone viral at campuses across the country. But you're current that the guy is a total bonehead and feels above the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Mocking the meme is not the right choice of words - should have said imitating the meme. I guess that's gone viral at campuses across the country. But you're current that the guy is a total bonehead and feels above the rules.
    I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs

vCash

Heh, Flag posted this at the Hideout.

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    I wasn't aware using his freedom of speech was against any rules. Not saying it wasn't a stupid thing to do but he hasn't broken any rules besides stealing crab legs
    You do understand that your first amendment rights are guaranteed protection against government infringement, not a guarantee that you can enter into a contract limiting those rights in exchange for something and then complain when you don't get to do whatever you want, right? So if we were talking about him being made to sit in jail overnight instead of on the bench, you'd have a point.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    You do understand that your first amendment rights are guaranteed protection against government infringement, not a guarantee that you can enter into a contract limiting those rights in exchange for something and then complain when you don't get to do whatever you want, right? So if we were talking about him being made to sit in jail overnight instead of on the bench, you'd have a point.
    True well the school thought he did something wrong and it was most definitely a stupid thing to do. I just think he's being an idiotic college kid. I thought one half suspension was enough but that's just me personally. He gets judged really bad for his accusations, but I don't believe he was guilty personally. He is very stupid and doesn't think oh I have these accusations I better not say something like that. He thinks I didn't do it and I was never charged so why would saying something like this be wrong for me? (Well he probably just doesn't think at all to be honest)

It was a stupid decision for sure. The way you put it yes in the school's, media, and most people's minds he did something wrong, which i'm fine with he should get a punishment. I'm just not sure if it warranted the entire game. He should have just been suspended for the crab leg incident at the beggining of the season instead of this kind of make-up suspension.

vCash

seems like a dumb thing to say after getting out of a rape charge

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    seems like a dumb thing to say after getting out of a rape charge

nothing is off limits for a narcissist rapist

vCash

FSU is so overrated.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    True well the school thought he did something wrong and it was most definitely a stupid thing to do. I just think he's being an idiotic college kid. I thought one half suspension was enough but that's just me personally. He gets judged really bad for his accusations, but I don't believe he was guilty personally. He is very stupid and doesn't think oh I have these accusations I better not say something like that. He thinks I didn't do it and I was never charged so why would saying something like this be wrong for me? (Well he probably just doesn't think at all to be honest)

It was a stupid decision for sure. The way you put it yes in the school's, media, and most people's minds he did something wrong, which i'm fine with he should get a punishment. I'm just not sure if it warranted the entire game. He should have just been suspended for the crab leg incident at the beggining of the season instead of this kind of make-up suspension.
    Without getting into all the questionable things that happened with that investigation, he wasn't acquitted. Charges simply were not filed. So it is technically something he could still be prosecuted for. Given that fact, if it were me I'd be damn sure I wasn't running my mouth in public saying things like that. Consider that he came out onto the field dressed to play and acted like he didn't even know he was being benched. Even though I'm sure that was the first thing people have mentioned to him for the past 2-3 days now.. There are a lot of boneheads out there, but I'm starting to think they all look up to his example.

vCash

Btw, fumbling inside the 30 yard line w/ 2 minutes to go in a tie game w/ the top ranked team in the country is the very definition of Clemsoning.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Btw, fumbling inside the 30 yard line w/ 2 minutes to go in a tie game w/ the top ranked team in the country is the very definition of Clemsoning.
    Must be something about the color orange that makes teams more vulnerable to choking.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Why is Winston on the sidelines dressed out except for pads? Why is a "suspension" in college sports (football) different from other school activities? Suspension should mean no participation or involvement with an activity. Suppose a Pride member got stupid and was suspended from the band? Would he then get to travel with the band and stand on the sidelines? A few years ago a Kentucky qb and his gf beat up some coed outside a bar in Lexington. He was criminally charged with assault and battery. It was near the end of the season and UK suspended him for the rest of the season. UK went to some minor bowl and I then see this dumb jock with headphones helping with play calling on the sidelines. Presumably he got to enjoy all the bowl festivities even though he did not suit up and play. Can someone explain why college football treats disciplinary suspensions differently from other school activities?

vCash

Technically Winston has sat out 4 quarters...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    Why is Winston on the sidelines dressed out except for pads? Why is a "suspension" in college sports (football) different from other school activities? Suspension should mean no participation or involvement with an activity. Suppose a Pride member got stupid and was suspended from the band? Would he then get to travel with the band and stand on the sidelines? A few years ago a Kentucky qb and his gf beat up some coed outside a bar in Lexington. He was criminally charged with assault and battery. It was near the end of the season and UK suspended him for the rest of the season. UK went to some minor bowl and I then see this dumb jock with headphones helping with play calling on the sidelines. Presumably he got to enjoy all the bowl festivities even though he did not suit up and play. Can someone explain why college football treats disciplinary suspensions differently from other school activities?
    Didn't he actually dress out and start to head out for pregame warmups before someone caught it and sent him back to the locker room?

vCash

Winston is on the sideline with the FSU team acting all important. I don't think they should have let him in the stadium. Hope they win without him.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    Didn't he actually dress out and start to head out for pregame warmups before someone caught it and sent him back to the locker room?
    Yup.

vCash

That young man is dumber than Vince Young.