Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Ash

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: David Ash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I feel the exact same way. It was obviously way too soon for him to return when he did last season, and it only took a minor hit to knock him out again. Mack was in total desperation mode to save his job.
    I don't put this entirely on Mack. I feel like football players, especially ones at top college and NFL, push themselves beyond where they should stop. I heard former Rhodes finalist Greg McElroy tried to pretend he didn't have a concussion so that he wouldn't miss the only opportunity he thought he had to be a starting NFL quarterback, even if it was for the hapless Jets... and Rex Ryan nearly fell for it! (and still wouldn't play Tebow hehe)

Mack held onto his job way too long as well. Should have retired after the nat'l title loss to Bammer. If he wanted to play UT ambassador and get paid millions, work for ESPN's new Bevo TV and get a university job. Don't pretend you're still coaching football, because he clearly wasn't... and neither was Greg Davis lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: David Ash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    Good decision and wish him well in his life.
    yup....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!