Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Ash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

David Ash

...is done with football. Probably the smartest move he'll ever make. Props for trying to come back, repeatedly.

“@Longhorn_FB: Strong player update: David Ash is giving up football due to injury.”

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: David Ash

Good decision and wish him well in his life.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Administrator
    vCash

I'm sure it was a hard decision for him, but it was the right one!

vCash

From Brian Davis, Austin American-Statesman:

Strong said he told Ash, "There was no way we were going to let you back out on the field" because of his health history.

Strong said, "We'll have to go with Tyrone as long as we can." It doesn't appear they want to play freshman Jerrod Heard at all.

Strong says "It was a very tough call" for Ash. "As long as he stays a part of it, it will be great for our program."

Strong on his conversation with David Ash's retirement from football: "He actually came up to me and approached me."

Texas coach Charlie Strong announces that QB David Ash and DT Desmond Jackson (ankle) are now out for the year.

Texas coach Charlie Strong at the podium now. "Had a chance today to talk to David Ash, and decided that he's no longer going to play ball."

vCash

Yeah, good decision and probably one concussion overdue. I feel bad for the kid. He played hard and showed moxie, even if he never really panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    From Brian Davis, Austin American-Statesman:

Strong said he told Ash, "There was no way we were going to let you back out on the field" because of his health history.

Strong said, "We'll have to go with Tyrone as long as we can." It doesn't appear they want to play freshman Jerrod Heard at all.

Strong says "It was a very tough call" for Ash. "As long as he stays a part of it, it will be great for our program."

Strong on his conversation with David Ash's retirement from football: "He actually came up to me and approached me."

Texas coach Charlie Strong announces that QB David Ash and DT Desmond Jackson (ankle) are now out for the year.

Texas coach Charlie Strong at the podium now. "Had a chance today to talk to David Ash, and decided that he's no longer going to play ball."
    Wait so Strong says he told Ash there was no way they were going to let him back on the field, but then says Ash actually came up to him like Ash really had a decision in the matter? Was the first statement just refering to that particular game or was he just saying if Ash stayed he would never play him on gamedays?
    Last edited by SoonerForLife92; 9/17/2014 at 07:11 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Best decision for him. Hate to see his dreams cut short because of injuries, but he's a young man with a long future to think about.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Wait so Strong says he told Ash there was no way they were going to let him back on the field, but then says Ash actually came up to him like Ash really had a decision in the matter? Was the first statement just refering to that particular game or was he just saying if Ash stayed he would never play him on gamedays?
    Oh, sorry, those are posts from his Twitter feed. They should be read from the bottom up. He was live tweeting Strong's comments during post-practice.

vCash

This report makes a bit more sense of it. I just copied the Twitter feed, which puts the most current statement on top. Sorry for the confusion.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ending-injury/

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    This report makes a bit more sense of it. I just copied the Twitter feed, which puts the most current statement on top. Sorry for the confusion.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ending-injury/
    No problem at all thanks for the clarification!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Yeah, good decision and probably one concussion overdue. I feel bad for the kid. He played hard and showed moxie, even if he never really panned out.
    1000% agree with this. Ash should have never returned to football after last year. Much luck to him in the future and hope he doesn't have too many residual issues from all those hits.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Tough break for a good kid. But the best decision for him in the long run.

Good luck, Ash.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Better this than sitting around at age 50 drooling on himself.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Isn't that a real concern for him already given the number of concussions he has had?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The way Mack Brown continued to play an obviously injured Ash made me think less of him. Good for Charlie Strong for putting an end to this nonsense. Texas football will lose regardless. Stop endangering Ash's life to just lose in a less embarrassing fashion

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Tough to say he never panned out. He was constantly hurt and had very little talent around him. Kid would have been good with talent around him and health.
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Better this than sitting around at age 50 drooling on himself.
    Ya say that like its a Bad thing!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

There's a difference, Vet, between us professionals and the amateurs of the world.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    There's a difference, Vet, between us professionals and the amateurs of the world.
    Aw, I see . LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    The way Mack Brown continued to play an obviously injured Ash made me think less of him. Good for Charlie Strong for putting an end to this nonsense. Texas football will lose regardless. Stop endangering Ash's life to just lose in a less embarrassing fashion
    I feel the exact same way. It was obviously way too soon for him to return when he did last season, and it only took a minor hit to knock him out again. Mack was in total desperation mode to save his job.