Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: yikes...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: yikes...

The Shannon thing seems extremely unfair on the surface as nothing reported to the public sounded as if there was any misconduct. But the thing that nags me about it is that a committee of 5 people determined there was misconduct (or at least 3 of 5 did). Contrary to what has been posted here, none of those 5 was Boren. But as Kanto says, that's the problem with using title IX as a system of justice made worse by sealed documents. It could well be that the committee has information that we don't, but any process like this has to be transparent to be fair.

Yeah well I understand the rules are rules but it is absolutely asinine in my opinion to take away what could be one of the most important years in this young man's life for something that was not proven, and the alleged victim did not even want to press charges herself. Also the fact there was no actual sex involved. Freaking johnny the jackass can illegally sign and sell helmets WITH pictures and gets a half against Rice taken away. It just disgusts me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I think this or another like it will find it's way to the US Supreme Court. There are real Constitutional issues with this whole process.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I was (and am) of the opinion that Mixon's punishment was too much. And that Shannon's is a travesty. And DGB's sitting out is kind of 'meh'. All that said, if Bob can keep the players more or less on board, the punishments handed out can insulate OU and the players from a bit of criticism and it's all good.

What's going on here is pure mob psychology. Don't mistake me: violence against anyone is not acceptable (subject to certain exceptions of which self defense would be a pretty non-controversial example), domestic violence is also unacceptable and should bear enhanced penalties, and sexual violence is over in a class by itself. But they are all acts that should be judged and adjudicated by the police, prosecutors and courts.

To me, applying Title IX to a sexual battery case is absurd. The 'crime' is so far beyond anything Title IX was legitimately intended to address that it's a mockery.

And, likewise, using non-judicial proceedings to attempt to appease those dissatisfied by the decisions of the court system is not only a dangerous precedent to set but outright morally wrong.

That the public is an *** may well come to characterize this whole affair better than we fear now. I just hope that the University holds firm and doesn't give in to the loud and the, so conveniently, outraged.
    AAAAA--frickin Men.....
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...it's a football team, not the peace corp

...I could give a rats $&@ what a self serving politician thinks

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

So politicians are now complaining that sports lacks integrity. a;slkdfja;sldkfjasdkl;fa
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerMachine's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I was (and am) of the opinion that Mixon's punishment was too much. And that Shannon's is a travesty. And DGB's sitting out is kind of 'meh'. All that said, if Bob can keep the players more or less on board, the punishments handed out can insulate OU and the players from a bit of criticism and it's all good.

What's going on here is pure mob psychology. Don't mistake me: violence against anyone is not acceptable (subject to certain exceptions of which self defense would be a pretty non-controversial example), domestic violence is also unacceptable and should bear enhanced penalties, and sexual violence is over in a class by itself. But they are all acts that should be judged and adjudicated by the police, prosecutors and courts.

To me, applying Title IX to a sexual battery case is absurd. The 'crime' is so far beyond anything Title IX was legitimately intended to address that it's a mockery.

And, likewise, using non-judicial proceedings to attempt to appease those dissatisfied by the decisions of the court system is not only a dangerous precedent to set but outright morally wrong.

That the public is an *** may well come to characterize this whole affair better than we fear now. I just hope that the University holds firm and doesn't give in to the loud and the, so conveniently, outraged.
    Well said... And I think the video will blow over very quickly unless they only show the ending.
    "Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you!" -Bill Hicks

vCash

just curious, but I wonder what her feelings were when Pinkel was arrested for DUI?

Did she do an op-ed, then, cuz if she did, I missed it....and a DUI is just as bad of a transgression, easily.
    on Big Tex burning....They mentioned this on College Football Live. Pollack asked if it represented the Texas defense. Herbie told him it represented the Texas bandwagon.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

NM. I was halloosinating.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Me thinks old *** politician needs a good ****ing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Claire McCaskill is a meddling old biddy and has some kind of axe to grind about Oklahoma. Last week she was running her mouth about a police department in Oklahoma and how "militarized" they were. Come to find out all her facts and figures were wrong and she got called out on it. Such a doofus!
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    Claire McCaskill is a meddling old biddy and has some kind of axe to grind about Oklahoma. Last week she was running her mouth about a police department in Oklahoma and how "militarized" they were. Come to find out all her facts and figures were wrong and she got called out on it. Such a doofus!

I guess she wasn't watching the riots in Ferguson.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word