SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Was Hayes Offside On The 3rd Down Before The Vol Screen Pass?

I watched the replay and it didn't show a good angle. It didn't look like #10 was one of the pass rushers when the sack occurred.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Was Hayes Offside On The 3rd Down Before The Vol Screen Pass?

They didn't show the replay and when the ball was snapped in real time, the camera was on one of our players so there was no way to go back and look at the play again.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

That was right along my yard line, and I think he had lined up offsides---although I thought it was Striker.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaSooner View Post
    That was right along my yard line, and I think he had lined up offsides---although I thought it was Striker.
    Definitely a teaching moment. A little mistake and it had a big impact on the rest of the game. Instead of punting, they keep the ball on a long drive. We could have gotten good field position there and had more practice draining clock. If we put up some points, it would have caused them to put up the white flag earlier and we get to put in more subs and rest the first team. Football is an amazing game in how it seems to amplify mistakes.