Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Re: The Pride of Oklahoma is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    The real question is why did he leave to begin with? Especially, to manage a high school theater in Texas? Glad he's back though.
    It wasn't a high school theater, it was Director of Fine Arts for Richardson, TX. But still, it's a good question.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklaPony View Post
    It wasn't a high school theater, it was Director of Fine Arts for Richardson, TX. But still, it's a good question.
    Sorry, couldn't remember for sure! Was it for Richardson High School or the city? I don't know why but I thought was a high school position, even if Director of Fine Arts.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I have no clue who the regent is, but at this point he/she would look pretty stupid trying to continue with their influence. A mistake was made, and it embarrassed the university. Now, there's a chance to correct that...even an over-involved regent should be able to understand that. Although, I never underestimate stupid people with money.
    It is Weizenheimer er, weizenhoffer. The big broadway producer millionaire. I bet he ran off Britt to get his butt buddy Stolarik in.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

HMFIC
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Dude, really? He was a ****ty band director - whether he's gay or not has nothing to do with anything at all.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dude, really? He was a ****ty band director - whether he's gay or not has nothing to do with anything at all.
    Exactly! Moronic comment!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklaPony's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    Sorry, couldn't remember for sure! Was it for Richardson High School or the city? I don't know why but I thought was a high school position, even if Director of Fine Arts.
    Director of Fine Arts for the entire Richardson district.
    Pride '80 - '81

Whenever Jay Carney speaks, a logic-angel gets its wings ripped off.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

thank you!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklaPony View Post
    Director of Fine Arts for the entire Richardson district.
    Yep. For RISD. It's an administrative position that oversees the entire fine arts program for the district, and it's a good program in Richardson. Keep in mind that a fine arts education is still mandatory in Texas (which I'm sure would surprise a lot of people), so it is also a position with plenty of job security. There is more to it than simply hopping around from school to school and checking in on teachers. It's a good job, and an important one. I think the amount of networking and contacts made in such a position would surprise some people.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Mr. Britt posted the following on facebook Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Pride of Oklahoma rehearsal #3 is in the books. The students continue to show inspired effort and energy from start to finish at every rehearsal. I really appreciate how everyone is so open-minded and willing to adapt to what we are installing. That takes a leap of faith on their part and I sincerely appreciate that.

3 of 4 segments to the traditional pregame show are now on the field! We will complete the drill tomorrow and will do our first run-through to conclude rehearsal. Stop and think about that for a second. We are installing a completely different pregame (that 200 of them have never marched before) AND changing the marching style. This would be like a football team installing a completely new offense in mid-season! This speaks volumes about the character and desire of these outstanding young men and women and their commitment to the university we serve.

There is still a lot to polish and perfect in the next 5 rehearsals, but the energy, focus, and desire displayed by these students tells me we are going to be more than ready for November 8.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. Really.

While at a high school game in Frisco a couple of weeks ago, I spoke to a guy whose son has been in The Pride for three years. He told me then that his son would quit if the guy was kept. On top of the ruining of the band's routine, his son and others were not thrilled about his gayness either.

Sorry, Phil. Not everyone - not even all kids of this generation which is being pounded with it - are down with gayness. Okay?
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

well i'm sure they will go far in life refusing to work for or with gay people