Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: WVU Might Be For Real

Since their performance in week 1, I've been more concerned about this game than Tennessee.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Well, we've pretty much showed nothing to WVU on the offensive side of the ball thru the 1st 3 games. I don't think we're going to have that luxury when we go to Dallas though.
    I had the UCLA/Whorns game on one of the smaller monitors and it looked like they lost another OL (or maybe DL-- they were carting him off to the Jerry World locker room) I didn't notice if carted-off whorn returned though.

yeah, I was there working security. I moved the barrier so the emt driver could go out to the field. About five minutes later he passed by with him. Then another 10-15 minutes, he went by on a golf cart. I don't think he returned. Looked like a foot or ankle injury.
    I'm baaaack!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Yeah. I think they might be for real.

vCash

WVU has a pretty solid team. Best 2 loss team in the country for sure.
    In all fairness we were whiney bitches long before OU rammed it up our cornholes, and long before Macks losing season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

West Virginia is going to be one of those schools that's a pain in the *** every season. Going to Morgantown is going to be a battle every time. They're some scrappy bastards.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Well we beat them good tonight but barley won last year and the year before that. So you be the judge...

With that said, there not a bad team and I knew if we stuck to the run. They would fold...
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

That was a little scary.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Well we beat them good tonight but barley won last year and the year before that. So you be the judge...

With that said, there not a bad team and I knew if we stuck to the run. They would fold...
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...40920_OKLA@WVU

We had 514 to yards but W Va had 511 total yards, and ran 87 plays to our 82. We had over 300 yards rushing though. They had 374 yards passing. I think this offers a teaching moment in the off week for our D. Both teams had over a hundred yards in penalties. Outside of Samje, F'ugly game. But a Win is ..........

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Well we beat them good tonight
    Not really.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Everyone was picking WVU to upset OU. Sooners come away with a double-digit win, I'd say Oklahoma "beat them good tonight."

vCash

After that game I care more about beating them than how good it was.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Piware View Post
    That was a little scary.
    It was exhausting was what it was. Fun as hell though. I love that atmosphere in Morgantown. One of my best buddies married a huge WVU alum and moved back there (sorry Rich) and they go to the game every year. He just sits in the stands and smiles after the win. He says it is one hell of a place to go to a football game. That place is ROCKIN when Oklahoma comes to play.

Great game tonight.
    "You know I can flame on if I just had some lighter fluid. " ~ DeadPool

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Everyone was picking WVU to upset OU. Sooners come away with a double-digit win, I'd say Oklahoma "beat them good tonight."
    Facebook Oklahoma nation was OFFENDED tonight after people started picking Oklahoma to lose. I am glad they put it to them on the ground for the whole nation to see.
    Last edited by Dallas; 9/20/2014 at 11:34 PM.
    "You know I can flame on if I just had some lighter fluid. " ~ DeadPool

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    We had a great second half, but 45-33 is no beatdown. It was 31-27 over 40 minutes into the game, and we got outplayed for the first half.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...40920_OKLA@WVU

We had 514 to yards but W Va had 511 total yards, and ran 87 plays to our 82. We had over 300 yards rushing though. They had 374 yards passing. I think this offers a teaching moment in the off week for our D. Both teams had over a hundred yards in penalties. Outside of Samje, F'ugly game. But a Win is ..........

Who cares about the Stats.. Trickett through for 365 against bama..Almost 400 total..
    We werent going to stop them and it would be tough to get to Trickett since he gets rid of the ball quick. Putting a secondary in coverage longer and with a hurt sanchez it cost some TDs..

I will agree the penalties that gave them a TD was BS though... I was pissed about that..
    Last edited by BlownGP; 9/20/2014 at 11:39 PM.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    We had a great second half, but 45-33 is no beatdown. It was 31-27 over 40 minutes into the game, and we got outplayed for the first half.
    I disagree - the 24-24 tie was not deceptive - it was evenly played in the first half. Special teams is just as much part of the game as offense and defense. We throttled them in the 2nd half and only gave up 3 points while the outcome was still in doubt. That last TD was garbage time and the guys clearly let up the intensity.

Comparing common opponents, we compared very well to how 'Bama played them. And we played them in their house vs. a neutral field. Bama needed WVU to drop several passes at critical times and I can only remember 1 drop against us. Both teams eventually won by pounding it on the ground, but I felt OU was in more control of the game than Bama was down the stretch.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhiDeltBeers View Post
    WVU has a pretty solid team. Best 2 loss team in the country for sure.
    Not by a long shot. Same ol WVU.

vCash

So who do you think was the tougher matchup? Tennessee or West Virginny? I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Being fairly drunk has not helped w/ that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    So who do you think was the tougher matchup? Tennessee or West Virginny? I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Being fairly drunk has not helped w/ that.
    I'd say WVU because of their dangerous skill players. You can outplay them 9/10 plays and that 1 play might go for 6. We could not have run like that against the Vols, but they were lucky to get 10 points against our D.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I disagree - the 24-24 tie was not deceptive - it was evenly played in the first half. Special teams is just as much part of the game as offense and defense. We throttled them in the 2nd half and only gave up 3 points while the outcome was still in doubt. That last TD was garbage time and the guys clearly let up the intensity.
    Agree that last TD was on some prevent D...Either way good game
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS