Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

WVU Might Be For Real

21-3 against Maryland, and we're barely into the second quarter. Trickett is looking good, and Kevin White looks like he might bump Shepard, Lockett, or one of the BU receivers off of All Big XII first team.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Re: WVU Might Be For Real

I'm not seeing this one on tv anywhere?
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tiptonsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Big 10 Network

610 DirectTV

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I'm not seeing this one on tv anywhere?
    I'd encourage you to have some kind of anti-virus software:

http://goatd.net/88500/watch-west-virginia-vs-maryland

vCash

And by "for real," I mean that it's going to be a rough trip to Morgantown, and they'll go bowling. I don't think they have much of a chance at winning the Big XII.

vCash

Oh man, I might regret this thread title. WVU is trying to throw this away. 28-6 lead is now 28-20 after a 77 yard pass and now a punt return. The Maryland PR fair catched, but the WVU got ran him over and the ball bounced off of him. Another Maryland guy picks up the bouncing ball and runs it back for like 60 yards while everybody on WVU relaxed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Maryland is horrible, guys. This game is akin to TT and Arky. Two horrible teams playing a meaningless game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Maryland is horrible, guys. This game is akin to TT and Arky. Two horrible teams playing a meaningless game.
    It's the same "horrible" program that beat them 37-0 in Morgantown last year. Going on the road and beating a team of Maryland's stature is meaningful. I'm not that impressed with 28-20, but 28-6 was impressive. Also, Alabama isn't horrible.

vCash

and that 37-0 loss in Morgantown was shameful. UM only won 3 games in the ACC last year.

vCash

Outside of Texsa, the B12 came out looking great tonight.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    TTech was favored today, but got run over by Arkansas. KU did what was expected of them

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    TTech was favored today, but got run over by Arkansas. KU did what was expected of them
    As long as we beat them in Lubbock..

I just can't stand Kingsbury. He's a tampon.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Well, we've pretty much showed nothing to WVU on the offensive side of the ball thru the 1st 3 games. I don't think we're going to have that luxury when we go to Dallas though.
    I had the UCLA/Whorns game on one of the smaller monitors and it looked like they lost another OL (or maybe DL-- they were carting him off to the Jerry World locker room) I didn't notice if carted-off whorn returned though.

This will be the first Big 12 spread test for our defense, and playing on the road is never easy in conference play (though Knight seems to thrive in hostile stadiums). A comfortable win in Morgantown would be impressive, and not a gimme. I expect our defense to discover some areas of needed improvement, and our offense to put up a lot of points. We'll get that comfortable win.

vCash

WVU doesn't play great defense, and makes some dumb mistakes, so I expect we'll get out of Morgantown with a W. They're starting to look like the team I expected when Holgersen take over, though, and I'm concerned about covering Smith.

vCash

Trap game....
    Scots, Wha Hae.
    Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
    Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
    Welcome to your gory bed
    Or to victorie!
    --- Robert Burns

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Not really. KU stomped by Duke. TT stomped at home by Arky. Texas lost to an obviously overrated UCLA team. OU, WVU, and ISU won. None of those results, short of maybe ISU, was unexpected. Given that the Big 10 is now 1-10 against the power conferences, the wins for WVU and ISU don't exactly boost our standings.

Taco Tech is horrible. Might be the worst team they've had there since the Jerry Moore years.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Not really. KU stomped by Duke. TT stomped at home by Arky. Texas lost to an obviously overrated UCLA team. OU, WVU, and ISU won. None of those results, short of maybe ISU, was unexpected. Given that the Big 10 is now 1-10 against the power conferences, the wins for WVU and ISU don't exactly boost our standings.

Taco Tech is horrible. Might be the worst team they've had there since the Jerry Moore years.
    The only big12 teams that we need to look strong is OU and Baylor. It would be nice if some combination of KSU,OSU,WVU,UT,TCU look respectable and I trust that will be the case.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

No worries. Your guys should throttle wvu.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

I expected Tech to get run around, over and through by Arkansas. They have about the most undisciplined defense that I have seen in a long time, they just completely run themselves out of plays and rushing lanes on almost every play.