Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: TMZ reporting AD in trouble in Tx?

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Once again, where did you see this? Give us a link or quit asserting he did this.
    I think I read it in the link from this thread.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Maybe he used bad language and got leaves in the mouth. I got soap in the mouth as a kid and wish it were something like leaves.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/...tment-charges/

HTH

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Maybe he used bad language and got leaves in the mouth. I got soap in the mouth as a kid and wish it were something like leaves.
    That was my first thought, but I'm not sure.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You do realize they DID NOT Indict him the 1st time. Right?
    Man you appear to be one judgmental person.
    Oh hi. Apparently this was incorrect info.

He also said the evidence was presented to the grand jury over several weeks and was presented to only one grand jury. "It was not shopped around to multiple grand juries," Grant said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ence/15581419/

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...thank god the kid didn't grow up in my house, a switch would have been a welcome sight

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

I was switched weekly in my NE Oklahoma home as a kid, or so it seemed. I didn't get bloody jesus-lashed or hit in the nutz however. AD has parental anger issues he needs to deal with. It's already been established that he isn't father of the year material. And it sounds like he realized he had gone too far in the pre-emptory texts to his baby momma. He is not the first father to spank in anger, however. What's needed is some contrition, and counseling. Not having any more kids would probably be a good thing as well.

vCash
    I discipline my kids by punching them in the face three or four times as hard as I can. And if they cry I stick their feet in scalding hot water. But it's okay because that's what was done to me.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? It is absolutely unfathomable. Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

After Adrian was deactivated for Sunday's game, the Vikings are losing 30-7 late in the 4th qtr though the Patriots would have likely beat them anyway.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    I discipline my kids by punching them in the face three or four times as hard as I can. And if they cry I stick their feet in scalding hot water. But it's okay because that's what was done to me.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? It is absolutely unfathomable. Inappropriate behavior is inappropriate.
    If AD had done just that, you'd have a better point. Looks like he got a little carried away. It's not worth going to jail over. I bet his other baby mamas are a bit pissed at the prospect of losing their meal ticket over a couple hard whacks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You are weird sir, Who in hell said its Funny? Ive said repeatedly I wouldnt have done the switch Nor have I ever hit a woman But I will take my shots when the come .
    Also WHAT does that have to do with my statement that The 1st Grand Jury Failed to Charge him?
    No, you just made jokes about beating up women as I recall.

And made light of a "whooping room."

I guess those aren't hilarious so they don't count as funny. So you're right. It's not funny.

And he was indicted by the first grand jury to see the evidence.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    If AD had done just that, you'd have a better point. Looks like he got a little carried away. It's not worth going to jail over. I bet his other baby mamas are a bit pissed at the prospect of losing their meal ticket over a couple hard whacks.
    Oh FFS.

This was NOT a couple hard whacks. Did you see the pictures? AD even admitted 10 or 15 whacks (he doesn't remember exactly because he never keeps track of how many times he pops his kids) with the switch that DREW BLOOD. And hit the child in the scrotum.

"The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands."

As for the other baby mamas, do you know them? Do you know anything at all about them? Unless you do, you have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they would prefer to lose their "meal ticket," as you put it (based, I might add, only on your assumption that AD is their meal ticket) in favor of not having their child abused.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

I truly don't get it. Hitting another adult is assault. Hitting a dog is animal cruelty.

Hitting a defenseless child is A-OK.

SMH

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Except for the multiple kids he had out of wedlock, and one of his sons being murdered by the mothers boyfriend....

Knocking up a bunch of women with no intention of being with them is child endangerment in my opinion, even if it isn't by the letter of the law.

What is it with these guys? Pull out for crap's sake!
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

This link has pictures of the child's injuries. Keep in mind, these photos were taken a WEEK after the beating.

Go ahead, defend him some more.

http://sandrarose.com/2014/09/adrian...r-child-abuse/

vCash

We don't know when those photos were taken relative to the "whooping." It was reported that they were a week after, but it was also reported that it took two grand juries to indict him (which the DA said is incorrect). I tend to doubt the week after report because 4 year old kids heal quickly. Unless his boy has some kind of iron deficiency, heals like I started to once I hit 40, or had some allergic reaction to the switch, I'm skeptical of those reports.

Here's a report with more details. It's not going to change your mind, but it gives insight into his head and what happened.

Of note...

Peterson, when contacted by police, admitted that he had “whooped” his son on the backside with a switch as a form of punishment, and then, in fact, produced a switch similar to the one with which he hit the child. Peterson also admitted that he administered two different “whoopings” to his son during the visit to Texas, the other being a punishment for the 4-year-old scratching the face of a 5-year-old.

In an interview with Houston police, Peterson was very matter-of-fact and calm about the incident, appearing to believe he had done nothing wrong and reiterating how much he cared about his son and only used “whoopings” or “spankings” as a last resort. He offered up information that the police didn’t have and was incredulous when asked if some of the numerous wounds and marks on the child were from an extension cord, saying, “Oh, no, I’d never hit my child with an extension cord. I remember how it feels to get whooped with an extension cord. I’d never do that.”

Peterson also said, “Anytime I spank my kids, I talk to them before, let them know what they did, and of course after.” Peterson also expressed regret that his son did not cry – because then, Peterson said, he would have known that the switch was doing more damage than intended. He didn’t realize the “tip of the switch and the ridges of the switch were wrapping around [the child’s] legs.” Peterson also acknowledged that this was administered directly to the child’s skin and with the child’s pants pulled down.

Peterson later told police that the marks on his son’s buttocks were similar to the marks any of his other children get when he “spanks them with a switch,” but that the mark on the child’s leg from when the switch “wrapped around his thigh” was more severe than anything he had ever done in the past.

Peterson said he knew that his son had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for when he returned home and that the doctor would discover the injuries. Peterson added that if he felt like he was “really wrong for what I did, or had any ill intent, there’s no way I would have let him get on that plane.” He went on to say, “I have nothing to hide, but I also understand when a child has marks like that on his leg, they have to report that.”

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

What does it really matter when the photos were taken? If they were taken a week later, then the initial damage must have been even more horrific.

If they were taken the day after, that doesn't make them any better.

I already read that article and I don't know what the quotes are supposed to prove. Peterson's logic isn't all that different from that of men who think it's okay to smack their wives around to teach them a lesson because that's what their fathers did to their mothers.

So what if he thought he was administering appropriate punishment but just got carried away? IMO he shouldn't have been inflicting that kind of punishment on a four-year-old in the first place.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

A good friend told me years ago, I disciplined my kids with an iron hand covered with a velvet glove. I think she meant that as a compliment. I do know this...If you love your children, teaching them violence is not the answer. Kind & gentle are not character flaws.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    A good friend told me years ago, I disciplined my kids with an iron hand covered with a velvet glove. I think she meant that as a compliment. I do know this...If you love your children, teaching them violence is not the answer. Kind & gentle are not character flaws.
    No one in their right mind would advocate training a dog by beating it. Yet it's okay if it's a kid.

vCash

Nothing good ever starts w/ "TMZ"
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.