Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Re: TMZ reporting AD in trouble in Tx?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    involving a highly paid nfl player and his baby's mama...meh...no hippa violation here~
    HIPAA applies almost exclusively to healthcare personnel. For the most part, it does not prohibit family members from releasing information.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    You do realize that a TEXAS grand jury indicted him?

I'm sure that TEXAS is a state with fairly similar attitudes towards corporal punishment as Oklahoma

They saw the evidence and thought he crossed a line.

He'll get his chance to defend himself.

But I wouldn't just excuse him bc it's what you think your daddy did.

If the legal system in TEXAS which is hardly a bleeding heart liberal bastion thought it was abuse I'm inclined to accept that and wait for more information
    You do realize they DID NOT Indict him the 1st time. Right?
    Man you appear to be one judgmental person.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

One last thing for tonight:

Show of hands?

How many of y'all can honestly say that you would inflict this level of punishment on your four-year-child for shoving another child off a video game?

Just curious.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post

Show of hands?

How many of y'all can honestly say that you would inflict this level of punishment on your four-year-child for shoving another child off a video game?

Just curious.
    Just a Point here. Me No I wouldnt. But we dont know the facts.
    I 1st heard it was a Vid Game now its reported he pushed another kid off a Bike. How old was the other kid? What else had the 4 year old done?
    Like I said I wouldnt have switched a 4 year old. But then agai we aint all the same.
    I would Have tied him up Gagged him and tossed him in the closet for a couple hours for time Out.

JK
    I would have sat him down tho and chewed him out.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Vet my friend, as I am reading it, it was a motorbike video game. But even if you are correct and it was an actual motorbike, really? Shoving another kid off a bike of any type warrants a beating like that? For a four-year-old? Still too young to even be in school?

You ask what else had the four-year-old done? WTF? Unless he had proved himself a miniature Dexter serial killer, who cares? He was four. years. old.

So sorry, I'm not yet done.

"Police reports obtained by the Houston station show the 4-year-old boy feared his father would punch him in the face if he reported the beating. He said his father had previously beaten him with belts."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz3DAg0hYXd

Do you think this four-year-old is lying?

I fanadmire AD as much as anyone. But helpless children are OFF LIMITS. Period. Full stop. No excuses. The end.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

HIPAA applies almost exclusively to healthcare personnel. For the most part, it does not prohibit family members from releasing information.
    it was a joke...my point was, not supporting what AD did...but I'm sure the mom had just a bit of ulterior motives...if the daddy wasn't AD this would be a no big deal...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Vet my friend, as I am reading it, it was a motorbike video game. But even if you are correct and it was an actual motorbike, really? Shoving another kid off a bike of any type warrants a beating like that? For a four-year-old? Still too young to even be in school?

You ask what else had the four-year-old done? WTF? Unless he had proved himself a miniature Dexter serial killer, who cares? He was four. years. old.

So sorry, I'm not yet done.

"Police reports obtained by the Houston station show the 4-year-old boy feared his father would punch him in the face if he reported the beating. He said his father had previously beaten him with belts."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz3DAg0hYXd

Do you think this four-year-old is lying?

I fanadmire AD as much as anyone. But helpless children are OFF LIMITS. Period. Full stop. No excuses. The end.
    Im not defending Him, Just I been dad to wild Boys. My Point is what else had that child done that day or yhe last hour? we never know the whole story. Just waht the reporters slant want us to know.
    Like I said I wouldnt have switched him. hell I only used a belt a very few times while My Boys were growing up.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Show of hands?

Just curious.
    I would not, but I also never got the switch when I was a kid.

This is a case of old world meeting the new world. AD is a country boy, disciplined by old fashioned means. I think the text messages show that he didn't mean to do what he did-- he didn't think it was as bad as it looked after.

I have some friends who are cool as anything, and man are they short tempered around misbehaving kids. It's because their fathers were too. It shocks me when they blow up because they are not like that in a normal setting. I've never seen any of them whoop their kid, but I'm sure it happens because it happened to them.

There's really no comparison to the Ray Rice thing here except that such behavior in both cases is likely learned. A father needs to be able to discipline his kid. At what age and to what extent and for what offense will always be a matter of debate. I don't see this as a case where he's just smacking his kid around for no reason. He got carried away enough that he expressed some regret. This isn't a case of him getting carried away and beating the crap out of his kid. He whooped him too hard.

vCash
    I still don't see where stuffing leaves in the kids mouth is defensible.

At all.

And that's now being widely reported.

This isn't discipline.

It's child abuse.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    You do realize that a TEXAS grand jury indicted him?

I'm sure that TEXAS is a state with fairly similar attitudes towards corporal punishment as Oklahoma

They saw the evidence and thought he crossed a line.

He'll get his chance to defend himself.

But I wouldn't just excuse him bc it's what you think your daddy did.

If the legal system in TEXAS which is hardly a bleeding heart liberal bastion thought it was abuse I'm inclined to accept that and wait for more information
    You do realize they DID NOT Indict him the 1st time. Right?
    Man you appear to be one judgmental person.
    I guess it's better to be the type of person who thinks it's funny to beat women and children?
    Last edited by SoonerPride; 9/13/2014 at 06:15 AM.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

This something similar to what my mom used on me. And it had Nestle's engraved on it.

I did, however raise my kids a bit different. But they did get a swat on the hind end from time to time.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

vCash

I guess it's better to be the type of person who thinks it's funny to beat women and children?
    You are weird sir, Who in hell said its Funny? Ive said repeatedly I wouldnt have done the switch Nor have I ever hit a woman But I will take my shots when the come .
    Also WHAT does that have to do with my statement that The 1st Grand Jury Failed to Charge him?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

At all.

This isn't discipline.

It's child abuse.
    Lots of things get widely reported. They were reporting Joe Mixon was on the run when that wasn't even close to true. How about we wait to find out more? Anyone ever tell you your posts

resemble

a

Jenny

Carlson

article?

The leaves thing sounds strange but I can tell you proudly that I've seen a switch, flip flop, extension cord, you name it. AD talks about being beaten with an extension cord himself, which he says he wouldn't do to his kids. Switches are old school but in a world that seems more and more doomed everyday, maybe a little old school discipline is in order.

It's obvious Peterson is a hard *** who expects a lot from himself so in turn expects a lot from his kids. It may not be the way many of you would handle things but they are his kids. In this day and age, for a young black male, I consider that kid lucky to have a father who is not only involved in his life but expects something out of that kid.

Flame away.

(This has nothing to do with Adrian Peterson the football player, but everything to do with AD the man. I've met him numerous times and he even dated my sister while in college. He's a humble guy who I have a hard time seeing as a blatant abuser or bully. But we all have our demons and if it turns out he's a monster I will come back and accept that. However I will defend the switch till I die.)
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

"He who withholds his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him diligently"

My mother would still be serving time if this is the kind of discipline that puts you on the wrong side of the law.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I was spanked as kid and likely deserved every one of them and have never considered blaming my parents for my own mistakes in life...even got the paddle a couple of times in school. Times have certainly changed. Not excusing Adrian because I don't think violence is the answer, but he has owned up to it and apologized. That's a start...Yo Adrian, wrap that rascal!
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Show of hands?

Just curious.

Let's be honest here - if this was a story in the local newspaper about some no name hick doing this to his 4 year old, I venture to guess the majority of people on this message board and across society would recommend going up side his head with a 2x4. Attempts to rationalize this kind of heavy handed discipline is only out of fondness for AD the former Sooner's football exploits.

Do I tend to believe some of AD's comments that he didn't see anything wrong with the method he employed - yes. But it doesn't change the fact that it was unreasonable behavior. I think we can agree that the vast majority of sensible people don't advocate violence as the way to get thru to the psyche of a 4 year old.

We all know AD's father wasn't an admirable character and spent time in prison. His lack of presence in AD's life didn't exactly set a good example of parenting and family stability. Anyone care to go out on a limb with me and conclude that AD fathering a bunch of illegitimate children and neglecting them is a reflection of his own upbringing? Doesn't excuse his behavior or make it right, but probably explains why it is what it is.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I was spanked with a belt at home, and with a wooden paddle at school. I have never used either on my kids, so I do not accept the "it was done to me, so I did it to mine" defense. An adult is 3-4 times the size and strength of a 4-yr old, and in AD's case even more so. You can get the point across with an open hand to the butt.

Even still, with belt and paddle, I never sustained any injuries, other than red marks. If your punishment is leaving injuries, whatever you're doing is wrong.

I don't think AD did what he did out of malice, nor do the injuries appear to be anything that won't heal fully, and so he doesn't deserve anything as severe as what the law allows. But he should be required to take some classes and get some training for how to handle his parenting duties in ways that don't injure his kids. If it's a pattern that can't be broken (with anyone, not just AD) then fine, take more stringent measures. But the main thing that appears to need to happen here is for him to learn that what his parents likely did to him wasn't OK, and here are some ways he can discipline his kids that teach them what they need to know but don't injure them or make them fear him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

The smiling mugshot! Was he smiling like this when he was 'disciplining' his 4 year old child?

BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Using a tree branch was pretty stupid. Could easily get an infection considering he broke the skin. I don't even understand the leaves in his mouth thing, so I'm not sure I can condemn or defend it. WTF would you put leaves in somebody's mouth?

If he'd used a belt, I'd be fine with this. I think he crossed the line a little bit here, so I'm fine with him getting reprimanded. Moving forward, I won't think any less of him, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

At all.

This isn't discipline.

It's child abuse.
    Once again, where did you see this? Give us a link or quit asserting he did this.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.