TMZ reporting AD in trouble in Tx?

Hopefully no truth to it?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: TMZ reporting AD in trouble in Tx?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Espn just reported AD indicted for child endangerment....

vCash

disciplined a kid with a switch. Oh, the horror!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    If there's not more to this, then the PC world has gone totally berserko. I can't imagine that Adrian would actually endanger a child...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Ah-oh. Mods, please lock this thread for any posters over the age of ~50. Otherwise we'll read every rendition of how stern Dad's were "back in the day".

BTW, my Dad used to beat me with a cat of 9 tails if there was 1 smudge of dirt left on his car after I washed it. And I was happy it wasn't worse than that.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    BTW, my Dad used to beat me with a cat of 9 tails
    My wife has one a those...keeps me in line

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    If there's not more to this, then the PC world has gone totally berserko. I can't imagine that Adrian would actually endanger a child...
    You're just now coming to this conclusion? Welcome to modern progessive society. Be sure to thank any Saul Alinsky trained liberal you meet. There are a few on this board.
    Last edited by FaninAma; 9/12/2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

I'm under 30 and have cut my own switch a time or two. My son will too. He's getting closer to it everyday.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    You're just now coming to this conclusion? Welcome to the modern progessive society. Be sure to thank any Saul Alinsky indoctrinated liberal you are acquainted with. There are several on this board.
    I'm not political. As long as my retirement check arrives on time, I'm cool. I do however intensely dislike what PC has become...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

F
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I think we've heard enough. There is never an excuse for this kind of behavior. Obviously the NFL needs to get involved and suspend Peterson.

vCash

I think where the problem comes in is that it wasn't one of his kids. At least that's what it sounds like. But if you're a guest at somebody's home, and you get out of line, a switch is sometimes warranted. The offense would have to be pretty damn bad, though. Hopefully, it wasn't just a case of the kid whooping him in Madden.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    Except for the multiple kids he had out of wedlock, and one of his sons being murdered by the mothers boyfriend....

Knocking up a bunch of women with no intention of being with them is child endangerment in my opinion, even if it isn't by the letter of the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

It's one of his kids (a 4 year old) that was visiting him. Pictures on this page:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...r-child-abuse/
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Would appear to be lowest kind of felony-- state jail felony-- which still gets 180 days to 2 years in jail. Seems a bit absurd for whooping your own kid, even after seeing those pics.

vCash

Beat that Kid he wont die!

Proverbs 23:13–14
    Embed

13 Do not withhold correction from a child,

For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.

14 You shall beat him with a rod,

And deliver his soul from 4hell.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

so they had to seat 2 grand juries to get an indictment? Tom DeLay not withstanding, is that common practice?

edited to add I have been informed that more stringent charges were probably brought up before, dismissed, and lesser charges were accepted.
    Last edited by EatLeadCommie; 9/12/2014 at 05:58 PM.

vCash

More info, including statement from attorney http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...o-harm-his-son

Hours after news surfaced that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had been indicted in Texas for "reckless or negligent injury to a child," his attorney, Rusty Hardin, released the following statement:

“Adrian Peterson has been informed that he was indicted by a grand jury in Montgomery County, Texas for Injury to a Child. The charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son. This indictment follows Adrian's full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours. Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

According to Sports Radio 610, which obtained a copy of the police reports: "Peterson's son had pushed another one of Peterson's children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch -- which he consistently referred to as a 'switch' -- removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly."

Meanwhile, police reports tell a different story. via of Sports Radio 610:

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”