SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Cool Looks like Boone didn't want to buy all the extra tickets

I thought they were a program on the rise? They shouldn't have any trouble selling 60,000 tickets even on a Thursday.

It's Throwback Thursday in BPS!
    Cowboy Football kicks off BIG 12 conference play against Texas Tech on Thursday Sept 25 and the game has been officially named a Throwback Thursday game!
    To celebrate, we are releasing a limited number of tickets at Throwback prices. Fans can purchase 4 tickets for only $100!
    To purchase, please Click Here and enter the Promo Code: THROWBACK
    If you have any questions please contact the Customer Service Center at 877-ALL-4-OSU or @OKStateTix
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Looks like Boone didn't want to buy all the extra tickets

lol throwback prices?? worthless program.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

They'd have better luck if it was Bring Your Own Sheep night.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerwake's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    Now that's funny...

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Now now guys, let them do whatever it takes to get some revenue out of their money losing athletics. The less the state has to subsidize their Poke games, the better.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

lol...nice..

or it's "Give a sheep away night"...THAT would ensure a sell-out
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

I looked at those tickets that were offered. They appear to be what Texas Tech didn't buy as the only ones offered were in the visitor's section.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

Saving the World one Power plant at a Time
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Now now guys, let them do whatever it takes to get some revenue out of their money losing athletics. The less the state has to subsidize their Poke games, the better.
    Do you have a link for this? I thought we were one of the athletic programs that operated in the black.
    OKLAHOMA STATE WRESTLING: 34 Team National Championships, 137 Individual National Champions, 48 Conference Championships, 435 All-Americans, 41 Olympians, NCAA Record 84 Straight Wins

OU FOOTBALL: 7 National Championships, 45 Conference Championships, 153 All-Americans, Zero Olympians, NCAA Record 47 Straight Wins

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyMRW View Post
    I looked at those tickets that were offered. They appear to be what Texas Tech didn't buy as the only ones offered were in the visitor's section.
    So what? Do you think all the OU opponents buy out their visitor allotment? Rarely, if ever and we get them sold in August.

vCash

Do you have a link for this? I thought we were one of the athletic programs that operated in the black.
    Knock yourself out. $93 million revenue, $96 million expenses, $7 million subsidy.

If you're in widdle brudder mode, consider: OU has not had student fees for athletics since 2008 and has not used school funds (at least not recently). You Pokes on the other hand fleeced $2.6 million from your students in 2013 and $4.7 million in school funds.

I know that state funding is not what it used to be for public universities, but I still feel like my tax dollars are putting an inferior product on your east-west aligned field. Please stop robbing Oklahoma taxpayers

vCash

OU is one of only seven self-supporting NCAA Division 1 athletic programs in the nation. OU receives no taxpayer funding or student fees to support athletics. The OU budget has been balanced for the last 16 years. Furthermore, OU athletic department has contributed about $8 million annually to OU academics. From OU Athletics Annual Report of 2013-14.

LSU, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue and Texas were the only schools to report no subsidy money in 2012. From http://www.goacta.org/news/most_ncaa...take_subsidies

I don't see Oklahoma State listed. Don't worry too much. I am a Sooner but I pay my state taxes.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

You misunderstood. You don't operate in the black you operate in the dark.

As in you don't know wtf you're doing.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I thought they operated in the brightest orange.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Knock yourself out. $93 million revenue, $96 million expenses, $7 million subsidy.

If you're in widdle brudder mode, consider: OU has not had student fees for athletics since 2008 and has not used school funds (at least not recently). You Pokes on the other hand fleeced $2.6 million from your students in 2013 and $4.7 million in school funds.

I know that state funding is not what it used to be for public universities, but I still feel like my tax dollars are putting an inferior product on your east-west aligned field. Please stop robbing Oklahoma taxpayers
    Thanks Badger and let's not forget all those years that OU played in major bowl games and the closest the Pokes got was the toilet bowl in the locker room. BUT they were always standing there with their hands out when the conference passed out the bowl revenue allocation to the other teams. Sometimes it was the most revenue they received in a lump sum for the entire year.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

got me laughing...thanks!

vCash

Y'know how we beat 'em last year? You remember where that happened? Stillwater, right?

You know what that means: No Gooner game to sell season tickets this year. This is why they need promos like this, because they're going to Norman in November

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Thanks Badger. It was interesting listening to the OSU radio version of this game. I always have the OU broadcast on, and of course I hear the TV later, but the OSU moaning and groaning about the whole night was something. OSU was winning and they were complaining about what a miserable game it was. OU got lucky on that almost interception when the OSU player dropped the ball coming down. Probably the intense cold had a lot to do with it. I am sure the ball felt like a boulder in his hands.