Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Longhorn team just got a little thinner.

Texas WR Shipley questionable after head injury
    3 hours ago AP - Sports
    The Associated Press
    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Texas wide receiver Jaxon Shipley has a head injury that could keep him out of Saturday's game against No. 12 UCLA, Longhorns officials said Tuesday.
    Shipley was injured in Texas' 41-7 loss to BYU and a statement by Longhorns trainer Anthony Pass said he's questionable to play this week. Details on the injury or when Shipley was hurt were not released.
    Texas is already without quarterback David Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion problems and reported new symptoms after the first game against North Texas.
    Shipley caught five passes for 36 yards and played into the fourth quarter against BYU. He also returned one punt for 6 yards.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Longhorn team just got a little thinner.

I'm thinking in a few more games they won't have enough people to field a team.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    I'm thinking in a few more games they won't have enough people to field a team.
    Prolly Do a Pirate and invite folks out the stands to suit up LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

I'm wondering if there could be a player revolt in the future. Seriously.

Strong didn't waste time throwing the players under the bus after the BYU game, and he's obviously sent plenty of guys packing. If they continue to lose, it's going to get dicey in the locker room.

This is the meltdown I was hoping to see...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I'm wondering if there could be a player revolt in the future. Seriously.

Strong didn't waste time throwing the players under the bus after the BYU game, and he's obviously sent plenty of guys packing. If they continue to lose, it's going to get dicey in the locker room.

This is the meltdown I was hoping to see...
    We Need Badg or Tony to make us a Vbookie bet on how long old Charlie gets to stay around. He may not make the season.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    We Need Badg or Tony to make us a Vbookie bet on how long old Charlie gets to stay around. He may not make the season.
    It won't take much for the whorns to revolt. That would be a good vBookie bet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Too bad UCLA is looking like a paper tiger so far. I hope they put it all together this week and live up to their hype.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Too bad UCLA is looking like a paper tiger so far. I hope they put it all together this week and live up to their hype.
    No kidding. I watched the entire UCLA/Virginia game, and had it not been for the UCLA defense (or bad play by Virginia), they would have lost that game. I thought maybe it was an opening game issue, and UCLA needed to knock the rust off...but they followed that by laying an egg against Memphis. They could easily be 0-2 right now.

Saturday's UCLA/Texas game might be like two elderly women fighting in a phone booth. And I'd probably watch it if the Sooners weren't playing at the same time.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

I pick the whorns, depleted, inexperienced and ill-prepared to win this game.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Heh, 1-2 would be a very nice way to torment all of the folks I work with down in Austin. They have already dismissed the BYU game as "1 bad quarter". Hopefully UCLA trips and falls forward on plays close to the goal line.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    No kidding. I watched the entire UCLA/Virginia game, and had it not been for the UCLA defense (or bad play by Virginia), they would have lost that game. I thought maybe it was an opening game issue, and UCLA needed to knock the rust off...but they followed that by laying an egg against Memphis. They could easily be 0-2 right now.

Saturday's UCLA/Texas game might be like two elderly women fighting in a phone booth. And I'd probably watch it if the Sooners weren't playing at the same time.
    I guess the worst that can happen is that the horns pull off a win and get their fans all hopeful again until the next disaster. Makes for better meltdown threads.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

UCLA will win this game and win BIG! texas will not be ready again for this game...Coach Strong again will say.."I looked at them again and could see they were not ready to play, plus we are a little thin because we don't have many player left"

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You really wonder why Texas has no depth, and the lack of talent when the whole state of Texas is loaded with it. I guess the "Good Ol' Boy" network isn't working any more.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    If there's interest, I can make "sh!tty whorns are sh!tty" weekly vBet options. Something involving giving up insane amounts of yards, points, committing turnovers... and yes, coach getting fired.

Judging from the shaggy comments I borrowed for meltdown, the fans seem to still place blame on Mack Brown, rather than the current coaching staff (for you political types out there, this is like people still blaming Bush). The cupboard was left bare, the team lacked discipline and structure, you know, tex-cuses.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

ok it's posted have fun

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We really need for Texas to win. And Kansas State. And Texas Tech. And Iowa State.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oudanny View Post
    We really need for Texas to win. And Kansas State. And Texas Tech. And Iowa State.
    I'd put that in the "has beneficial side-effects" category. I'll still enjoy the meltdowns if they lose.

"Need" is something like my cup of coffee in the morning. And an OU win on Saturday, of course.