Supremes toss Shannon' appeal out.

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has held in an order filed today that Frank Shannon can not appeal OU's suspension decision under the Oklahoma Administrative Procedures Act. The Court vacated the stay issued by the District Court. The Court left open the possibility for Shannon to bring some other legal action to recover for OU's alleged violations of his constitutional rights.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Supremes toss Shannon' appeal out.

Too bad. I feel bad for Shannon, especially when you see ol' "Crab Legs" living it up without a care in the world.

vCash

2 questions, what are the odds that Shannon A. can redshirt this season if he hasnt already and B] transfer somewhere and RS
    “Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that s*** just goes out the window.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

He already had a straight up redshirt year. I would think his chances are small. Technically, I believe the result of removing the stay is that he not a student at the university anymore, so I don't know where he'd be a redshirt 'for'.
    I think he's screwed...on the basis of something that neither the DA nor the aggrieved party felt was worth pursuing. I have no particular issues with Title IX and understand that the interests of the U have to come before those of any individual in such matters. But I have, since my law school days, despised Administrative Law. It has always seemed to me to be a bastion of pricks and cowards and those who can not achieve their goals and objectives openly or fairly.

Think this was not motivated by the ever present minority of football team haters on the OU campus? I think that's exactly what went down.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I read the title of this thread and wondered "why the heck does Diana Ross have any say on this issue?"

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    But I have, since my law school days, despised Administrative Law. It has always seemed to me to be a bastion of pricks and cowards and those who can not achieve their goals and objectives openly or fairly.
    Geez, this sounds like about all politicians...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    But I have, since my law school days, despised Administrative Law. It has always seemed to me to be a bastion of pricks and cowards and those who can not achieve their goals and objectives openly or fairly.
    Geez, this sounds like about all politicians...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Actually, politicians have to stand for election periodically. So, if they're dicks, it's because WE elected dicks and are endorsing them behaving like dicks. Admin Law is the province of bureaucrats. They differ from pols in that they never stand for election, have insulated themselves from any effective form of review, meet no job performance criteria and, essentially, make up their own rules all the while slurping noisily from the public teat.
    Compared to the folks who sit on Admin Law boards of inquiry, the average pol is a square jawed, bluff defender of honesty, truth and the American Way.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown