Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Ravens Cut Rice after video emerges. Turns out it's not cool to hit women.

Quote Originally Posted by Bccajun View Post
    Not at all I'm saying true men don't hit women. Your talking battlefield totally different! I didn't see a war zone in Norman or the elevator did you?
    Ya missed it Smooth missed it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    The solution is, don't hit women.
    Question for you: Do you consider yourself "old school" or "politically correct" when you make that statement? Neither?

vCash

No you missed it guy. You seem to think its ok.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerPride View Post
    When the Mixon tape comes out look for it to be harder for him to come back.
    Couple of things are different:

1. Ray Rice is/was the starting RB on one of the NFL's better teams. His name was known by just about every fan of the NFL long before this incident.
    2. Ray Rice is not a kid. He shouldn't (and isn't) being given the benefit of the doubt.
    3. Joe Mixon is not a household name. Unless you follow recruiting, or are an OU fan, Joe Mixon is an unknown.
    4. Ray Rice didn't just hit the woman, he knocked her out then acted like it was completely normal. Dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator like a bag of garbage.

These are some pretty major differences.

Also, the original NFL "penalty" was ridiculous. They knew it was ridiculous when they handed it down (that's why they quickly announced changes to the punishment). OU acted quickly, and stood by their initial punishment. Nobody is second-guessing the way OU handled this.

It's not going to make coming back any harder for Joe. He's already decided to stay, and you can bet he's fully aware of the fact that the video will eventually be released.

Joe made a mistake, one that he's paying a hefty price for, and it should be over. Sadly, there will be people that act like the incident is suddenly worse than it was because there is now a video of the incident. Those are the worst kind of people.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Bccajun View Post
    No you missed it guy. You seem to think its ok.
    Where have I said that? I havnt. I personally have Never hit a woman for any reason. Unless ya count older sisters who were pissing me off.
    Im saying they dont get Blanket protection just because they are a Girl!

If a skank wants to jump in a Guys face she needs to be ready to pay the price. Much like a woman wanting to go into Combat needs to be ready to pay the price of that decision.

Im sayin I will reserve judgement{Unlike some of you} Until I see the Vid and NOT Base it on a bunch of message boards Posters thoughts.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

1. Ray Rice is/was the starting RB on one of the NFL's better teams. His name was known by just about every fan of the NFL long before this incident.
    2. Ray Rice is not a kid. He shouldn't (and isn't) being given the benefit of the doubt.
    3. Joe Mixon is not a household name. Unless you follow recruiting, or are an OU fan, Joe Mixon is an unknown.
    4. Ray Rice didn't just hit the woman, he knocked her out then acted like it was completely normal. Dragging her unconscious body out of the elevator like a bag of garbage.

Also, the original NFL "penalty" was ridiculous. They knew it was ridiculous when they handed it down (that's why they quickly announced changes to the punishment). OU acted quickly, and stood by their initial punishment. Nobody is second-guessing the way OU handled this.

It's not going to make coming back any harder for Joe. He's already decided to stay, and you can bet he's fully aware of the fact that the video will eventually be released.

Joe made a mistake, one that he's paying a hefty price for, and it should be over. Sadly, there will be people that act like the incident is suddenly worse than it was because there is now a video of the incident. Those are the worst kind of people.
    Yup. It appears he knows he messed up and is willing to Pay the price. I wish him well.

vCash
    When the Mixon tape comes out look for it to be harder for him to come back.

Bandit that would make a pretty much everyone they worst kind of people according to your definition. Once the video was released today, the reaction was swift and immediate from all camps. Reading a description of what happened and seeing what happened are entirely different things.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

8time, are you just kidding or have you just ignored all the Mixon threads on this board?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

From those that have seen the video, they say it is comparable. There won't be very many people in his corner after the video comes out.
    From what I've heard he didn't need a corner man.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Yup. It appears he knows he messed up and is willing to Pay the price. I wish him well.
    Absolutely.

I don't need to see the Mixon video. It's been dealt with, and it's over.

Contrary to what some may thing, it's not going to get "a lot uglier". I don't know about folks in other parts of the country, but there wasn't a single mention in the paper, on the radio or local TV programming here. If there was (and I missed it), there's a 100% chance that people here said "who?" then moved on.

There have been many incidents of college players being caught on video fighting (I'm thinking of the LSU RB that sucker punched the guy, or the recent Michigan player), and those video's didn't cause things to get "a lot uglier". And in the LSU case, the punishment was a joke.

Administrator
    vCash

Bandit that would make a pretty much everyone they worst kind of people according to your definition. Once the video was released today, the reaction was swift and immediate from all camps. Reading a description of what happened and seeing what happened are entirely different things.
    Who's Bandit?

Again, there is a MAJOR difference in the incidents. If there is a video out there of Mixon spitting, punching, dragging the girl from the bar, then I would probably change my opinion too. But, there isn't.

The majority of people reacting are doing so in conjunction with asking why the NFL went so light on Rice in the first place. If Rice had been suspended for a year initially, I don't think the reaction would be anything like it is today. But, again, the incident are very different.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    8time, are you just kidding or have you just ignored all the Mixon threads on this board?
    Being serious, but I should have included an addendum.

When I say "nobody is second guessing", I mean the folks in similar situations. Other head coaches, current staff, etc. Not the general fan base. Hell, we can't agree on much of anything outside of wanting OU to win.

vCash

Absolutely.

I don't need to see the Mixon video. It's been dealt with, and it's over.

Contrary to what some may thing, it's not going to get "a lot uglier". I don't know about folks in other parts of the country, but there wasn't a single mention in the paper, on the radio or local TV programming here. If there was (and I missed it), there's a 100% chance that people here said "who?" then moved on.

There have been many incidents of college players being caught on video fighting (I'm thinking of the LSU RB that sucker punched the guy, or the recent Michigan player), and those video's didn't cause things to get "a lot uglier". And in the LSU case, the punishment was a joke.
    Yup I agrre bro. There seems to be a few here that are trying to Hard to Prove just How much of a man they are by continueing to Put Mixon down and Paint him in a bad light.

Its like they have to Prove to themselves and the world Just How much more Civilized, Superior and sophisticated they are. Than us Lowly heathen animals.

Well to them All I gotta say is Give me yer lunch money ya wuss before I kick the crap out of ya!

vCash

Being serious, but I should have included an addendum.

When I say "nobody is second guessing", I mean the folks in similar situations. Other head coaches, current staff, etc. Not the general fan base. Hell, we can't agree on much of anything outside of wanting OU to win.
    Oh, you mean people that matter, not just a bunch of keyboard fanboys.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Heh. Friday, traber was losing his ****'n mind over the mixon video, ranting and raving about how he should be kicked out of OU and go to jail. After about 10 minutes of his bull****, he admits that he was invited to view the video with the press but wasn't able to make it. He was basing his hysterics off of what others who seen it had told him. FF a few minutes and Blevins comes on. Deans first statement about the video was "I can't believe they didn't file charges on the girl".

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner Starter
    vCash

All I gotta say is Give me yer lunch money ya wuss before I kick the crap out of ya!
    You can try...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    You can try...
    OOH Tuff guy huh? Ya wont hit a woman to defend yerself But you WILL beat up and Old Fat man to save a dollar.
    My Hero.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

OOH Tuff guy huh? Ya wont hit a woman to defend yerself But you WILL beat up and Old Fat man to save a dollar.
    My Hero.
    I don't need to defend myself with women, but I am mildly amused by redneck internet 'tough' guys. I would not harm an Old Fat man...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

I don't need to defend myself with women, but I am mildly amused by redneck internet 'tough' guys. I would not harm an Old Fat man...
    Careful, that might be an Old Fat man packin' heat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

You wrong sister...you wrong. Bring your flat sachelled *** over to the Posse. We might be able to lift/firm that thing up just a skoatch. Ya hear me?

OleVet Posse Instigator