Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Haden

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Pat Haden

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    I suggest Haden sit out this year and we replace him with an unbiased authority. I nominate Barry Switzer or Billy Sims. Both know the game middling well.
    Sims would be a good choice. However, I suspect the committee would soon adopt the parliamentary rule that prohibits the periodic outburst of Boomer! during meetings.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Although he should not have done it. I am more annoyed by the phony outrage from espn. "Hrummpphhh I would never do such an egregiously sacreligious deed."
    See also: Donald Sterling, Ray Rice, and the Washington Redskins.

vCash

I told my buddies a few years ago that, when we get a playoff implemented, ND will be forced to join a Conference.
    I assumed they would join the Big East or the Mountain West. But with the establishment of the Power 5, they will be joining a P5 conf.
    As much as I hate ND, the B12 needs to be banging on their door every week with the invitation.
    I think they end up in the B10 and the B10 ends up with 16 teams.
    They'll probably be OK with a 4 team playoff. But when it expands to 8 and the autobids are implemented, they will join a conference.
    It's hard to be HUMBLE when you're a SOONER!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by humblesooner View Post
    I told my buddies a few years ago that, when we get a playoff implemented, ND will be forced to join a Conference.
    I assumed they would join the Big East or the Mountain West. But with the establishment of the Power 5, they will be joining a P5 conf.
    As much as I hate ND, the B12 needs to be banging on their door every week with the invitation.
    I think they end up in the B10 and the B10 ends up with 16 teams.
    They'll probably be OK with a 4 team playoff. But when it expands to 8 and the autobids are implemented, they will join a conference.
    I wish they'd just do away with power 5 conferences during football and we base our scheduling on region, rather than whine whine UT has a longhorn network whine whine i'm taking my ball to the pac/sec/b1g whiiiiinnnnnnne

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

From what I read the other day, the ADs are not allowed to place a vote for thier own school to keep things impartial. But the votes are not made public, so we'd never know anyway. I still trust his judgement more than Condolesa Rice. What the hell does she know about football?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tnraider1 View Post
    From what I read the other day, the ADs are not allowed to place a vote for thier own school to keep things impartial. But the votes are not made public, so we'd never know anyway. I still trust his judgement more than Condolesa Rice. What the hell does she know about football?

She once watched a college football game.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tnraider1 View Post
    She's a big Stanford fan and has been employed there. Maybe it's the pac12 that gets 2 slots and not the SEC. Of course if that happened, they would secede again.