Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Whorns In Total Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    We'll agree to disagree.

I don't think our offense was playing to the level we were capable (and eventually saw), but defensively, we were the better team. I believe the team got caught reading their own press clippings. Everyone in the country was talking about how much of a blow-out it was going to be, and the team played like they believed the same.

Either way, I don't think there's any question who the better team is this year, they just have to show up.
    I think we are saying the same thing even though we agree to disagree I said we had more potential and you said we we're not playing to our capability (similar?). But I look at the ULM, WVU, TCU and UT games and I see the same team and level of play. ND was the exception and even there the 2 early defensive TD really set the tone for us and it was a better match-up too. Thank goodness for Tommy Ries. I just don't see us getting it done against UT until we had the more mature TK at the helm (and I'm a big Blake Bell fan, but…).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I watched this horn football show on the LHN which featured three young douchbags in suits, probably ex-players. They discussed the BYU beatdown and commented on highlights. Then they went to a feature about how the rest of the conference fared. They showed short highlight clips from the Baylor game, OSU, etc. I don't remember them showing any highlights from the Tulsa beatdown. In fact, all they featured for OU was news about Frank Shannon's sexual assault ban and the OK Supreme Court upholding his suspension. It was like a news program from the old USSR, except with slicker production.

You definitely don't want to miss Vince Young as a color analyst on the LHN on game days. After the game, he sat there with Ricky Williams, the other analyst, and the host. VY didn't say a word while the others analyzed the humiliating defeat. All VY did was look at the others and nod. So I wondered, how would they work him in, since he could not keep up with the unrehearsed discussions among the other three. Then, suddenly, the host looked at VY and fed him a question, pre-planned of course, and VY said something and kept repeating it in different ways.

vCash

Gosh gimme some of that! I'm signing up with the LHN immediately!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I think we are saying the same thing even though we agree to disagree I said we had more potential and you said we we're not playing to our capability (similar?). But I look at the ULM, WVU, TCU and UT games and I see the same team and level of play. ND was the exception and even there the 2 early defensive TD really set the tone for us and it was a better match-up too. Thank goodness for Tommy Ries. I just don't see us getting it done against UT until we had the more mature TK at the helm (and I'm a big Blake Bell fan, but…).
    Whatever, you know I'm right!

Seriously though, we were absolutely better the latter part of the year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

Seriously though, we were absolutely better the latter part of the year.
    On that, we can agree to agree !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Hornfans.com still is not back up . . .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

LHN is worth it just for the press conferences!!!

Also, I watched about 2 mins of Strong's playback show...he was just making a whole lot of excuses... sad
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CatfishSooner View Post
    LHN is worth it just for the press conferences!!!

Also, I watched about 2 mins of Strong's playback show...he was just making a whole lot of excuses... sad
    You subscribe?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    You subscribe?
    There is no "subscribing" it is either on your cable system and included in a package or not. They might have better luck as a separate subscription but ESPN has been trying to force it onto basic cable to get the biggest installed base to set advertising rates by.

vCash

The production quality of their programming is fairly high. I think have always struggled with coming up with enough to show to interest UT sports fans. There simply is not enough material to keep ratings up. They keep replaying great UT wins like the national title game vs. USC, but how many times can even a hardcore UT fan watch that? Football season is only a third of the year when interest is greatest, so they fill the rest of the time with replays of UT wins and other UT sports like baseball, hoops, tennis. Augie the baseball coach has a foodie restaurant show where he samples foods from Austin restaurants, which is the right thinking, but they should have a better foodie program and also have programs on the Austin music scene. They could also have programs featuring the rest of the school and feature science, arts, humanities, all dumbed down for the average viewer. As of now they just don't have enough interesting material.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm stayin on record as sayin. The Charlie brown strong arm tactics will crumble in a horrendous ugliness whenever the, tiny, single, proverbial straw is laid on bevo's back!
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

vCash

Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    You subscribe?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    There is no "subscribing" it is either on your cable system and included in a package or not. They might have better luck as a separate subscription but ESPN has been trying to force it onto basic cable to get the biggest installed base to set advertising rates by.
    Dang, that's a sad scenario. People in Phoenix would revolt in disbelief if they pulled that here. Condolences to Catfish, and all other effected citizens.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    You subscribe?Dang, that's a sad scenario. People in Phoenix would revolt in disbelief if they pulled that here. Condolences to Catfish, and all other effected citizens.
    I don't have it, not offered on Directv. We had Time Warner Cable in Austin for internet only but the TV service didn't even have it until last year I believe, not sure if Comcast here in Denver has it. It was on some smaller cable systems (Grande) in Austin and some of the burbs around Austin when we were there. Grande was the on campus provider and a small area in the West Campus area. Verizon FIOS had it but they were in Georgetown and Pflugerville only.

vCash

I have it, I'm on suddenlink here in the Houston area. Never watched one second of that channel, and I was talking to a longhorn fan and he doesn't like it, told me it's nothing but endless propaganda.
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboomer93 View Post
    I have it, I'm on suddenlink here in the Houston area. Never watched one second of that channel, and I was talking to a longhorn fan and he doesn't like it, told me it's nothing but endless propaganda.
    The horn fan is correct. Like I said, it is a UT version of the old CCCP news. However, you need to watch it during and after a bad UT loss. You will enjoy it, I promise.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    The horn fan is correct. Like I said, it is a UT version of the old CCCP news. However, you need to watch it during and after a bad UT loss. You will enjoy it, I promise.
    Oh Darn. I cant get it. Oh well.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

I watched it a couple of times while channel surfing last year. Caught a couple of ole Mack's post game explanations for various beatdowns etc., didn't watch much more than that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Most replay games are UT wins over OU....should be called the Nostalgia channel.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010