SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

got to brag about the daughter...

okay, some may know she walked on at Labette CC to play basketball...she's 22 played 1 yr in HS, but the coach was willing to take her...guess being 6 FT helps~

She's had 2 weeks (starting her third) of work-outs she's never had. Thought she was going to die, took her first "ice bath" last Friday.

She has outlasted 2 scholarship girls~ one quit the first week one the second. So proud of her.

She prob won't play more than a minute here and there, if that...but she's learning valuable lessons about herself and determination.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Re: got to brag about the daughter...

Good for her.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Nice. I hope she gets some playing time.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Thanks, yeah I hope she gets some time.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Nothing better than getting an edumacation while playing sports. Great way to develop mentally and physically

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Grit and determination. That reflects on her parents, to borrow from Bob Stoops, "In a great way".

Congrats!

vCash

it really is awesome...
    she was ADD in 5th grade...struggled through HS, her first yr and half at a local juco was bad. flunked out, sat out...so for her to be in this spot is unbelievable. The great thing is she is really coming into her own. Dropped her loser BF ...(yes I'm HAPPY!!!) and is finding out she can do things if she really wants it bad enough.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

That's great!! Hope she does get some playing time. It's always great when you get to brag about the kiddos.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash
    Truly awesome story. Stick with it. She will not regret it.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!
    Posted from iOS app