Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

So is Ash history fer the whorns?

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Re: So is Ash history fer the whorns?

Tyrone Swoopes, a sophomore from small-town Whitewright Texas is supposed to start this coming week. They thought he was gonna be a poor man's Vince Young. From what little I've seen of him he doesn't scare me at all.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Most whorns I know think his backup (Swoopes) is the better QB.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

I'd be much more scared if by the time they play us they were playing the true freshman Jerrod Heard. I think he'll end up a much better player than Swoopes.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Well I hope BYU stomps em again LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Well I hope BYU stomps em again LOL
    Would dearly love to see that. They were so pumped after beating a glorified high school team in UNT. I'd like to see the whorns knocked back to reality.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Let's not forget that Vince Young wasn't the Vince Young everybody remembers until his final season as a junior. I distinctly recall walking back to the car after the RRS his sophomore year alongside some very depressed Texas fans. They could say nothing good about Vince beyond musing that he should have been a WR instead of a QB and they were all moping over the thought that Mack would not replace him with anybody else, so they were stuck with him for another two years.

I'm guessing Strong will be better at developing players (b/c honestly it's hard to imagine him doing worse than Mack) so it's hard to say what Swoopes or even Ash might look like given more time with better coaching.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Tyrone Swoopes wasn't even an especially good player at the 2-A high school level in Texas. I HOPE he's their QB for the next 3 years! At least Vince Young had been a phenom in high school.

Naw, Tyrone Swoopes isn't the one to worry about. I'm telling ya, Jerrod Heard is likely the next decent QB the Whorns will put on the field.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

After getting pwned last year by Derp, I sure hope our team doesn't take them lightly no matter who is their QB.
    Still burns me that Mack owns the scoreboard on us, and then hit the road before we had a chance to repay him.
    The OU/Texas game is all about emotion and bringing your A game with you no matter what the press says about the other team. I don't know if we'll ever put another 63-14 or 65-13 whipping on them, but a 77-0 type skunking of them this year, would satisfy me just fine.

vCash

Yea, but they sayin ash should quit after this last concussion.
    Maybe so.

vCash

Agreed. I wanted to put a bag over my head after that game last year. But then, it wasn't a NC game so our guys weren't giving it 100% amirite?

vCash

I remember Josh Heupel not having a freaking clue is what I remember from last years game!

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

I read over on CBS that B Petty (Baylor) had some cracks in a bone sticking out of his spine (cheet), but they would heal just fine and he fully intended to play against NW State next week. Sounds like a lot of BS or they're over-blowing the injury. I know if I had some cracks in bones protecting my spinal column that I'd be damned if I would play against E. Popcorn State.

vCash

I hope Ash recovers fully and has a healthy life. That said, the 2013 RRS will live in infamy in demonstrating how a poor team can knock off a better one.

So I don't care if Michelle Obama is quarterbacking Texsa. The Sooners better make it their personal crusade to exact vengeance on the dastardly horns!

Sooner Benchwarmer SoonerMachine's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I remember Josh Heupel not having a freaking clue is what I remember from last years game!
    Yup...
    "Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you!" -Bill Hicks

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Statalyzer's Avatar
    vCash

They were so pumped after beating a glorified high school team in UNT.
    Either you're making this up or you just know a very unusual group of UT fans.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Our defense spent a goodly portion of the day wandering around with paper bags over their heads or taking naps on the sidelines, as well.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Tyrone Swoopes wasn't even an especially good player at the 2-A high school level in Texas. I HOPE he's their QB for the next 3 years! At least Vince Young had been a phenom in high school.

Naw, Tyrone Swoopes isn't the one to worry about. I'm telling ya, Jerrod Heard is likely the next decent QB the Whorns will put on the field.
    yup heard is their better qb ... i have friends that are ut fans that talk him up
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    yup heard is their better qb ... i have friends that are ut fans that talk him up
    Same here. Heard is the one they're banking on long term.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I probably link this guy way too much here, but this is pretty much what happened last year:

(credit: shaggybevo dick drawer)

David Ash needs to get a medical scholarship and never play college football again. If he really wants to risk playing at the pro level that's his choice, but c'mon Texas you're going to kill him