Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Baylor, The Official Thug Team of The Big 12

Looks like their thuggishness remains even with the departure of thugs like Ahmad Dixon....who was fined $28,000 by the NFL this week for an illegal hit.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Baylor, The Official Thug Team of The Big 12

This makes me laugh but they do cause a lot of PF
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

The cheap targeting hit on Sterling last year made me a Baylor hater for the foreseeable future.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I still can't believe we are talking about Baylor as being relevant
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    Looks like their thuggishness remains even with the departure of thugs like Ahmad Dixon....who was fined $28,000 by the NFL this week for an illegal hit.
    I think you have some issues.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    The cheap targeting hit on Sterling last year made me a Baylor hater for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah, that wasn't targeting. And the hypocrisy of listening to OU fans bitch and whine about players being too rough is astounding. If this were an OU player you guys would be cheering the physicality of your defense. Especially if this were all happening 5+ years ago. Wipe the sand out of your vaginas.

What this is really about is that Sooner fans have a sense of entitlement as if they and only they and the 'premier' programs in the country should ever be the ones that have success or relevance. The real issue is that you absolutely cannot stand perennial basement dwellers like Baylor having new found success and relevancy. That's what this is all about.

Its football not checkers !! Bad hits happen, even our Sooners make them!
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't targeting. And the hypocrisy of listening to OU fans bitch and whine about players being too rough is astounding. If this were an OU player you guys would be cheering the physicality of your defense. Especially if this were all happening 5+ years ago. Wipe the sand out of your vaginas.

What this is really about is that Sooner fans have a sense of entitlement as if they and only they and the 'premier' programs in the country should ever be the ones that have success or relevance. The real issue is that you absolutely cannot stand perennial basement dwellers like Baylor having new found success and relevancy. That's what this is all about.
    No, I think we can't stand the fans of former perennial basement dwellers, who think that a couple of years of success and relevancy (relatively speaking) put their program on an equal footing with the more storied programs of the NCAA - by which I mean OU, yes, but also 'Bama, Michigan, USC, tOSU, ....

That and fans of other teams who, as guests on an OU board, tend to act kinda dick-ish. But maybe that's just me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Moving on, Sicem, what's the progression if/when Petty is unable to go due to his back? Straight up question, I don't know the Baylor depth chart.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Moving on, Sicem, what's the progression if/when Petty is unable to go due to his back? Straight up question, I don't know the Baylor depth chart.
    Seth Russell is QB2; Chris Johnson is QB3. Russell did not look too sharp out there on Sunday. There are some reasons why, so I'm not ready to pass judgement on him yet especially since he did well enough in mop up duty last year. However, Johnson showed some really exciting potential in the few snaps he took on Sunday.

vCash

Here's hoping Petty doesn't eff up his pro career by developing a chronic back issue.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wake me up when Baylor can perform on the road and not choke in a bowl game against a mid-major. Please rephrase "new found success and relevancy" as "temporary new found success and relevancy", because little league programs only last as long as their greatest coach in history is around. Once Briles is done at Baylor, so is Baylor once again. Same with Gundy at OSU and Patterson at TCU and Boise St. is already getting a taste without Pederson. Sucks to be you.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Hey wait... I thought we had more than one resident Baylor fan now... why is SicEm being forced to defend his beloved Bears without any backup? Poor SicEm. Here, let me help you out.

(throws on green and gold attire, which has nothing to do with tonight's Packers game)

We have been disrespected for so long in this league, it's about time our team show some grit and toughness and won't back down from anyone! Art Briles is the greatest thing to happen to Baylor football, and he's been good for the Big 12 too! We need national level respect, and that comes with penalties, not just points! It's not like the flags are costing us points, either, because in case you missed it, SMU DIDN'T SCORE ANY LAST SUNDAY! BWHAHAHAHAHAHA PAW PAW PAW CLAW CLAW CLAW grrrrrr look at my open hand it looks like a bear claw

vCash

Could team mascots be considered 'Graven Images"?

I can see that in animal mascots like Bears, Tigers, Fighting Cocks, etc. Straightforward, Levy-Strauss Totem and Taboo type stuff. But what are we to make of non-animal symbols like Hurricanes, Waves or Conestoga Wagons?

And what of teams that eschew fierce animals to model themselves after, for example, cows? Or Okra?

It's all quite perplexing.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Wacko! Home of the Official HYPOCRITE U!!!

vCash

Do you mean because purported Baptists get drunk and make the beast with two backs with people they are not married to? Well, you make a prima facie case, but I think you should check results of the latest synod, there've been lots of changes to the theological interpretations these days. I'm not sure all that stuff is even frowned upon anymore.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Could team mascots be considered 'Graven Images"?
    Probably not, but they DID just erect a statue of RG3

Part of me agrees with you.

The other part wonders why you are so surprised that this is an OU board, and that you choose to be so offended by Pro-OU statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

I'm still waiting for the 600 ft statue of Tebow outside of Colorado Springs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Do you mean because purported Baptists get drunk and make the beast with two backs with people they are not married to? Well, you make a prima facie case, but I think you should check results of the latest synod, there've been lots of changes to the theological interpretations these days. I'm not sure all that stuff is even frowned upon anymore.
    Oh yeah, it's still frowned upon. To the best of my knowledge Baylor hasn't received a special exemption from the Baptist state convention.