Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perine

Sooner Benchwarmer IGotNoTiming's Avatar
    vCash

Perine

I couldnt watch the game. Can any give a synopsis on the running backs? Does anyone see this kid becoming the "goto" guyin the backfield?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    I started calling him P-Train.
    That should tell you what you need to know
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Perine

Players calling him Tonka, bc he trucks people! It will be a strong 3 headed monster
    OUI Refugee! Seeing all the good people beat me here. Formerly OUJARVIS on OUI.

Sooner Starter SoonerInFortSmith's Avatar
    vCash
    Let's just say we should be seeing a lot of 2nd and 3 or 4 to go this year.

Olevet Posse Executioner
    نقتلهم جميعا واسمحوا الله نتفهمها

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    From what I've seen he's a bowling ball with legs. He's gonna hurt some DBs, or anyone, that gets in his way.

Come to think of it,,,the trio are all punishing running backs. I would definitely exploit the punishment. Can't remember when we've had a trio of runners quite like we have now.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    From what I've seen he's a bowling ball with legs. He's gonna hurt some DBs, or anyone, that gets in his way.

Come to think of it,,,the trio are all punishing running backs. I would definitely exploit the punishment. Can't remember when we've had a trio of runners quite like we have now.
    AD, Allen Patrick and Chris Brown
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    AD, Allen Patrick and Chris Brown
    Best trio - AD and any two other RBs.

That being said these three guys in tandem should be a nightmare to prepare for. I sure hope OU uses a lot of play action passes this season. These three will keep every defense we play against honest.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Best trio - AD and any two other RBs.

That being said these three guys in tandem should be a nightmare to prepare for. I sure hope OU uses a lot of play action passes this season. These three will keep every defense we play against honest.
    They should. I hate the telegraphed passes when knight knows where he's going already but I assume he did it to get the young receivers involved ...
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

All 3 looked exceptional. I personally thought Ford had the best all-around game out of the backfield, but that nice kick return from Ross and Perine's undeniable power--heck, it's just exciting. All those guys are going to have a lot of yards, and OU's going to have one heck of a ground game this year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

If I were to characterize them

Ross - Donta Hickson Clone - biased vision towards the sideline (he wants to bounce everything outside), good out of the backfield.
    Ford - Fazande - seems to have tunnel vision resulting in some very straight runs, but very good at avoiding tacklers within his run path.
    Perine - Jerome Bettis - he adjusts enough to where tacklers always seem to be off center when they hit him resulting in some people getting shrugged off or run over.

After one game, I'd say they are enough alike to keep defenses honest and enough different that you can really catch a defense in a bind trying to sub around them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    They should. I hate the telegraphed passes when knight knows where he's going already but I assume he did it to get the young receivers involved ...
    That's what I was thinking... he tried too hard to get specific young receivers involved so he didn't check off to the 2nd or 3rd receiving option like be should have.

But that's forgivable for the first game of the season. I liked that they played so many new players early in the game.... not waiting until the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter to get 2nd and 3rd teamers out there. It will pay off in the long run.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Perine reminds me of Earl Campbell when he was at Texas. Doesn't want to go down on first hit.

And the irony is Perine is from a town right outside Austin.

Hope that Perine's pass receiving skills are better than Earl Campbell's though.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

I think flowers should be getting some carries too. I really wanted to see them get brooks a few more carries as well.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Ford's pass catching ability was impressive; That is bound to cause big problems for opposing defenses and is a great check-down for Knight.
    "If you don't agree with gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones that keep having gay babies."

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I like the name Tonka and the reference to Earl Campbell for Perine. Our run game was impressive. I don't want to drift from the theme of this thread but the O-Line looked good also. I credit Bedenbaugh with his mindset and Bedenbaugh is off to another great start in O-Line recruiting. One day we will have to deal with him and a team from the other side of the field, I fear.

Perine reminds me of a bullish Q. Griffin
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Perine reminds me of Jerald Moore.

I like what i see in Ford.

Ross reminds me of former CU RB CHris Brown. very upright running style. big and fast.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

I'm going to be a little more optimistic which goes against my general nature. Ross = Marcus Dupree lite. Perine similar to Trent Richardson

vCash

Since we're getting carried away after a game against LA Tech:

Perine = Jim Brown

Ross = Eric Dickerson

Ford = Walter Payton

There! We have three of the best running backs ever, or at least their clones, on our squad. NC or bust!
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 8/31/2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Administrator
    vCash

We are loaded at the position for sure.

Pernie reminds me a lot of Quentin Griffin. He doesn't have the vision Q had, but I think that will develop. Perine is a load, and not an easy target for defenders. He's got more speed in the open field than I realized.

Ford is a one cut, inline running back. To me, he looked the best of the three overall. There's not a lot that seperates the three, but Ford looked just a bit better than Perine or Ross. What I like most about Ford is that he a north/south runner. The kind of runner I always wanted Damien Williams to be. No dancing, just hit the hole and run.

Ross is a lot like Ford, except he does tend to bounce to the outside more than he should. I've always liked Ross, but I didn't realize he had the kind of speed he showed on the early screen play. He gets up to speed quick!

As much as I liked the stability of Clay, the hard running of Williams and the change of pace style Finch brought, this group is poised to be much better. If the offensive line plays to their ability, OU's running game is going to be VERY difficult to corral. That could/will create a lot of play action opportunity, which we saw a little of last night.