Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So how good is OSU, and W. Virginia? I wasn't at all concerned about these teams

before the season started, but now I am worried about them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: So how good is OSU, and W. Virginia? I wasn't at all concerned about these teams

They will be much more concerned about playing us than we will. But in Morgantown will be interesting. Our defense is much better than either of those teams and that'll be a big factor. I tend to think fsu was knocking off the rust a bit.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Until there is more inter league play, it's not possible to tell how good other teams or conferences are. FSU won the championship last year by beating Auburn. Auburn was in that game on a fluke. More play outside of conferences and an eight team playoff is the only way to really know what's what. Of course Bama would have been in the eight team playoff... Probably the four team playoff too. So who from the Big XII ever makes it in with all of the amazing and unbeatable SEC teams?
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: So how good is OSU, and W. Virginia? I wasn't at all concerned about these teams

I think OSU and WVU will be about like they were last year. FSU looked overrated, and Alabama looked rusty.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I think OSU and WVU will be about like they were last year. FSU looked overrated, and Alabama looked rusty.
    Thats funny I thought Alabama looked overrated and fsu looked rusty. Alabama didn't look to have the physicality they usually do.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I learned to never knee-jerk to outcomes in the first game of the season. Just look at OU barely beating Utah St. and Air Force in Norman in 2010 and that shoddy performance against LA-Monroe last season or Kansas St. losing to North Dakota St. last season. Lots of factors in the first game of the season, that don't necessarily carry over for the rest of the season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It sure does make that early trip to WVU more interesting. Trickett looked pretty good and they would have been in the game longer had his receivers not had some critical drops. I think our front 7 will put more pressure on him than Bama did. Bama eventually wore them out on the ground and their mobile QB constantly broke containment. We should have both those elements.

vCash

We really won't know given the likely dramatic differences in the levels of competition that we played vs what they played. And given how much can change from week to week, we won't really know until the games are played. College football I have missed you! We really do need to come up w/ something suitable for the other half of the year.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by freshchris05 View Post
    Thats funny I thought Alabama looked overrated and fsu looked rusty. Alabama didn't look to have the physicality they usually do.
    I agree with fresh. I also thought Alabama looked overrated, and FSU looked rusty, but still both OSU, and West Virginia were extremely impressive especially OSU, and this gives me concern because i didn't consider these teams as possible loses for us before the season started.

I don't think Alabama will make the playoffs, but I fully expect FSU to make the playoffs. At this point I would pick FSU, Oregon, Georgia and Oklahoma to make the playoffs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

The trip to Morgantown will be interesting. We better bring our A-game. WV stumbled quite a bit and played Bama a pretty tough game on a neutral field.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Both good enough to lose.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by freshchris05 View Post
    It was this... A Bama fan told me the defense has been regressing for years. Ok state and West Virginia will still be who we thought they are. Bama didn't run on West Virginia until the 2nd half. I do dread going to West Virginia but it should be alright.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okie35 View Post
    It was this... A Bama fan told me the defense has been regressing for years. Ok state and West Virginia will still be who we thought they are. Bama didn't run on West Virginia until the 2nd half. I do dread going to West Virginia but it should be alright.
    After watching Bama I would say they still have the same type of physical talent. One thing I do notice about Bama that is getting exposed a bit is that while their secondary is still imposing physically, they aren't necessarily great in pass coverage.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    After watching Bama I would say they still have the same type of physical talent. One thing I do notice about Bama that is getting exposed a bit is that while their secondary is still imposing physically, they aren't necessarily great in pass coverage.
    That and they don't get a pass rush like they used to. Both those aspects have been regressing for smart and saban.

It's easier to gameplay for a team opening day than the long grind of a conference season. We're used to playing teams like OSU and WV. FSU and Bama aren't.
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew

vCash

our last visit to Morgantown wasn't exactly without drama

nice to have OSU in Norman again

Sooner Starter
    vCash

We're not going to lose...period!
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

WV was terrible last year. They looked much better last night.

vCash

I expect whatever product Alabama puts out on the field later in the season will be a lot better but those kids just looked like they were surprised wvu even played football. They have too much talent to lose to wvu but man they didn't look ready.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

The entitlement mentality, the top players in the country that think they win by just showing up in crimson with number on their helmets. It happens at every top program if you stay on top for awhile, it happened to OU, USC, Florida, Miami, tOSU, etc.

vCash

The university doesn't win it for you. You gotta go out and get hungry. I like where we stand after this weekend. We got some athletic kids that look ready to shine. I want to drink the koolaid so bad. .