Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Game Thread?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Game Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    Well, I missed the entire 4th Qtr b/c my cable box decided to freeze up. Called Cox and they refunded me half my money. From what I'm reading, we must of lost some focus in the 4th.
    We played alot of young guys and ran vanilla offense because we had no backup qb, and running tk runs our offense. We looked legit. We can fix some things but we'll get better. I liked how we looked on Oline and Dline. Which is the most important thing.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 freshchris05's Avatar
    vCash

We obviously were gonna have a size advantage last night but I think we have the size and depth to lean on our opponents all year. As long and we don't give up on the run. I mean how many carries did we have to give AD? I think our backs are more talented collectively than Finch, Clay, and Williams were.

Us as fans are going to have to lose the obsession with having to score a minimum of 49 a game. We have multiple running threats and a stout defense. We're back to playing big boy ball.
    "This whole world is 3 drinks behind..."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I wasn't able to watch the game last night since I had something else on the schedule. First time that has happened in a long time. Anyway, I recorded the condensed replay on Fox SW this morning. A few thoughts...

We are solid at RB. Three very punishing runners, all with slightly different styles to their games.

TK started sharp and ended quite poorly. I don't know if he lost focus after the 1st quarter or what. Early throws were pretty good, but then he started to miss some. Some of the misses weren't bad, like the almost TD to Shepard and another long touch pass he overthrew on the left sideline, but he was off on a few short ones and he definitely had Hybl happy feet and stared down guys all night. Again, hopefully this is a reflection of playing down competition. One thing I do like about the kid is that he isn't afraid to throw it anywhere on the field. For a guy with only 5 starts under his belt, he is confident throwing it downfield, even if he isn't always accurate.

The defense picked up where they left off. We are just ferocious on the line, and the secondary continues to improve under Mike.

The offensive line is finally looking like an OU offensive line after years of playing soft up front. We ran through the tackles with relative ease. We looked mean out there.

Josh seems to have revamped the offense yet again. After really having what I though was a horrible year last year, he made up for it by launching a great 1999-ish gameplan for the Sugar Bowl. The La Tech gameplan looked nothing like that. We ran some option. We ran through the tackles. We spread the field. I don't know if this is what we will see for the rest of the year, but I'm guessing it will be. Hopefully, he will throw in some wrinkles for the UT and OU-OSU games. At least we know we can run the Sugar Bowl offense if we need to.

Special teams had two blocks. How freaking awesome is that? It's nice to know we have that ability. It's also nice to have a kicker who isn't a midget kicking it 10 yards in the air. I am very thankful for Hunnicut.