Thread: uverse working

uverse working

is any else having problem with Uverse pay per view?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

Re: uverse working

I am using SoonerSports and paid PVV can even log on....

Working now after 10 minutes ofblack screen

vCash

At SoonersportsTV do they show all of the games if you live outside of Oklahoma? Those that are not on TV nationally? If so, which subscription do you want to pick up?
    "You know I can flame on if I just had some lighter fluid. " ~ DeadPool

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I got uverse and saw as many ads as a non ppv break. This is a bull sheet deal ou has with fox sports and if this is the direction sports tv is going I'm not buying games like this. Fifty bucks to see an f crew on commentary that started the broadcast off saying we beat auburn in the sugar bowl in an ad filled game against a mid minor opponent.

Bull sheet. Rant over. No more ou ppvs for me

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I got uverse and saw as many ads as a non ppv break. This is a bull sheet deal ou has with fox sports and if this is the direction sports tv is going I'm not buying games like this. Fifty bucks to see an f crew on commentary that started the broadcast off saying we beat auburn in the sugar bowl in an ad filled game against a mid minor opponent.

Bull sheet. Rant over. No more ou ppvs for me
    When I saw the "yapper" was scheduled to do the Fox broadcast of the ppv that I wasn't going to buy it. I'd just get pizzed listening to him and would spend most of the 1st half trying to find and sync the radio link. There were just too many quality games with decent PbP guys on the normal tv channels today in the afternoon/night.
    I think Fox Sports is somewhat a con anyway, and usually the only programs that I watch on their network are anything OU football related and their Big 12 Live show (except for D. Urban sp-? who is like Finebaum, and should be on radio only). I did DVR their OU FB coach's show this week, and enjoyed the segments with Heupel, M & B Stoops. (especially Bob relating his story of jawing with the ref during that fan escapade on the field, when that huge Okie Hiway patrolman tackled him).

That's crap that you'd pay extra for the Sport's Tier, and then they put the number 4 team in the nation, OU on PPV and broadcast a TCU vs E Popcorn State blowout live on their Sports Tier college network.
    I really like to get away from watching EsecPN, but honestly Fox is just not competitive in any of their CFB programming, especially any that goes head-to-head on Saturday with ESPN.

BTW, I did notice on our listings tomorrow that on one of our FX College Sports channels that at 11 AM (Mountain Time) they were going to replay the game in an hour time slot. I don't know if it's accurate because Comcast's listings sometimes are not.

Similar thing happened to me on uverse. My main receiver showed a blank screen, though another one worked. I rebooted my main box and it was fine after that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

OU has the game put on PPV, not Fox Sports. They want one PPV game a year to maintain their "third tier rights" and FSN grants them that. For the most part that PPV is the only third tier game of the entire season, still better than only two games a year on TV. Even schools like Tech have some games that are not on TV. I am sure FSN would have rather of had an OU game on instead of the TCU or Tech game against a I-AA school who everyone thought was going to pretty much be a blowout before hand. Tech got more than they bargained for.