Thread: Police abuse

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

Police abuse

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...nt-of-children

When it comes down to it, I know that police have a tough job. Still there is a certain arrogance there that mandates use of force when it is not needed. I was almost arrested in my fraternity house at OU because a group of us was staying there over the Xmas break and the campus police didn't get the word that people were there (proper documentation filed). I was pushed down, cuffed and treated badly when I was just living where I was supposed to live. Sometimes I have to wonder if "protect and serve" means anything anymore.
    Metaphors be with you!

vCash

Re: Police abuse

I still think a majority are decent caring hard working individuals. there is a growing Number thos that scare me with the Power trip they get on.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

There are definitely ******* cops out there, but isn't it funny that with every one of these stories, the complainant was ignoring what the cop was telling them to do. Why would you walk away from a cop wanting to talk to you? Why would you tell a cop to leave you alone and that you're not breaking any laws? I can't imagine too many situations where that would actually work.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Also, "the problem is I'm black" **** is worn smooth the **** out.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

After watching the video again, dude brought every bit of that **** on himself.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    After watching the video again, dude brought every bit of that **** on himself.
    If he had been sittin in a Employee area and was asked to leave and Dint then the Cops were Right in taking him in. If how ever he was in a Public place then the Cops were just being Pigs.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

This one hits a little close to home for some of you.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pr...icer-with-rape

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    This one hits a little close to home for some of you.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pr...icer-with-rape
    Have i told you lately just how ****in stupid you are?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Have i told you lately just how ****in stupid you are?
    Has anyone told you what a worthless piece of **** you are lately? Go **** yourself, inbred dumbass.

vCash

Has anyone told you what a worthless piece of **** you are lately? Go **** yourself, inbred dumbass.
    Just you, and Like Ive said YOU dont count cause you too stupid.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    The honesty up in here is refreshing. Name calling is a good thing b/c it let's you know how someone feels about you, and it's amusing. Anywho...
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okiewaker View Post
    The honesty up in here is refreshing. Name calling is a good thing b/c it let's you know how someone feels about you, and it's amusing. Anywho...
    It amuses Me. I think KC/8th is the only one I couldnt sit down and enjoy a beer with while watching a game LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    It amuses Me. I think KC/8th is the only one I couldnt sit down and enjoy a beer with while watching a game LOL
    Why? Cause you don't like beer or you'd be too busy trying to thinking up silly school yard insults?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

it's like priest, teachers, anyone else who has a job that has social restrictions...or serves the public. Ya get a few bad apples...EVERY profession has them....insider traders, addicted doctors, lawyers taking money under the table...etc...but those don't get the publicity.

Does that mean we turn a blind eye, no, but there is a lot of generalizations when those bad apples pop up.

I still believe the majority of police officers are good people who want to help folks.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Why? Cause you don't like beer or you'd be too busy trying to thinking up silly school yard insults?
    Nope. None the above turnip face, Its simply I'd have you Knowitallsuperiorass defenestrated Be fore the 1st beer was even open, That and I just aint got no use for ya.

vCash
    I can only comment on my own experiences with police officers. I have had zero bad experiences with them and most of them have been rather pleasant. The last few times I have been pulled over, on Hwy 9 for speeding, I go complete opposite than how most people react with them. I tell them how stupid I am and to please give me a ticket cause my dumba$$ deserves it. Every time they have let me go with a warning. There are bad ones out there but they are for the most part good. They are asked to enforce laws they did not pass or make.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

It is more that they sometimes ignore laws as well. The video was confusing to follow, but it is Minnesota law that he is not required to give his name unless they are trying to bring him in for a crime. Sitting in a private unmarked area would not qualify for that. Admittedly him holding a phone and being in their face a bit wasn't a smart move, but they did not have to go hard on him like that.

My experiences with police as I got older have all been good, but there were those times in college where I was honestly doing nothing and I got s*** from the police. Protect and serve doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean anymore.

Now time to head off to my watch party. GO OU!!
    Metaphors be with you!

vCash
    It always struck me as funny when ppl say cops are supposed to "protect and serve" and how crappy they are, at the same time discussing why they were stopped, questioned etc. As if their stop by the police isn't considered "protecting and serving" the rest of us. Lol
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skysooner View Post
    It is more that they sometimes ignore laws as well. The video was confusing to follow, but it is Minnesota law that he is not required to give his name unless they are trying to bring him in for a crime. Sitting in a private unmarked area would not qualify for that. Admittedly him holding a phone and being in their face a bit wasn't a smart move, but they did not have to go hard on him like that.

My experiences with police as I got older have all been good, but there were those times in college where I was honestly doing nothing and I got s*** from the police. Protect and serve doesn't seem to mean what it used to mean anymore.

Now time to head off to my watch party. GO OU!!
    IMO, the lady officer was trying to find out exactly why she was called to the scene. I think his chances would have been much better to stop and talk to her than to act like she was badgering him because he was black.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    IMO, the lady officer was trying to find out exactly why she was called to the scene. I think his chances would have been much better to stop and talk to her than to act like she was badgering him because he was black.
    I agree with that. Sad part is that he wpuld even have to do that. Just starts to feel like a police state at times.
    Metaphors be with you!