Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: 2014-15 college football meltdowns

Quote Originally Posted by Mac94 View Post
    Maybe ... but I think, at this point, the champ of the Pac-12, SEC, and FSU (assuming they win the ACC and hard to imagine they won't) .. have three slots. that leaves ND, Big-12, and Big-10 fighting for the other. If OU wins the Big-12 I think Oklahoma is a shoe in ... the Big-10 is just that weak and Michigan St has few chances left to impress. If Baylor won the Big-12 ... then its much more open as Baylor has no OOC to speak of. It'll be interesting in this brave new world.
    Sure, that's all based on what we know now, but things always happen. MSU would have made the 4 teams last season after an early season loss to ND. The Ducks are more respected right now than ND was last season and it was a road game for MSU. It will look like a quality loss at the end of the season when all the other conferences are shaking out. And you never know, this could be like the '07 season where there were no undefeateds and only 1 one-loss team. ND could knock off FSU and then lose a couple. The SEC could finally knock each other off like they claim (but never happens). The pac12 often does knock each other off like they did last year. Then there are upsets, injuries, weather, bad calls, etc. that generally create chaos. I'm not putting any money on MSU, but if they win out, they will slowly rise up the rankings and would just need some help. Having 4 slots keeps hope alive.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

MELTDOWNS! This thread is for opposing board MELTDOWNS

Take your playoff b!tching elsewhere

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    MELTDOWNS! This thread is for opposing board MELTDOWNS

Take your playoff b!tching elsewhere
    B!itching? I was extolling the wonders of a 4 team playoff format. But you're absolutely right. From shaggy as the posters have now turned on each other….

My biggest problem with you is that you post here.

vCash

Dang! As much Matador as Modador, girl.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I wonder if it's possible that Texas just cancels football at UT.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Note: To show that there are no hard feelings, one more meltdown post from last weekend. Just please, keep the comments and non-meltdown posts to a bare minimum. As in, comment elsewhere. Seriously, a meldown thread should be filled with meltdowns, no?
    USC sucks 13, Stanford sucks more 10

I have to say I love l istening to these commentators spout their idiocy on the pregame show. Mack Brown- "Stanford not a wholly difficult place to play". All of the discussion about U$€. Man I can't wait to smack these guys!
    I know they aren't pros, but that looked too amateurish
    This is starting a lot like the VB match last night. Too bad you don't start over every quarter in football
    I don't think I can go back to the days of listening to that dumb dumb song ad nauseum
    UNBE****INGLIEVABLE
    LSJUMB Halftime show on recycling. Last segment on recycling old songs, "like playing the same two songs over and over again."

Sousaphones all have bell covers saying "Censored" and "Redacted" so it's a safe bet the original script was more biting
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    I HATE the sc band
    Multiple consecutive personal fouls including U$€ head coach. Then this fumble. This game is a piece of junk
    Toejams give up the ball and our useless coaching staff gives it back to them.

I see the Alamo Bowl in our future
    WHAT A HORSE**** CALL!!!!!!
    Haden must've come down to slip those guys a check. Jesus that is just inexcusable
    This is fan abuse
    I really wish USCheat lost their team to the death penalty for paying Bush to play for them and lying to the USA for half a decade
    The only thing worse than having to endure this loss is losing the game and living in Los Angeles. The local media will crown U$€ National Champs and Sarkisian will be made mayor
    (payback is a b*tch) today we were the bitches

vCash

Note: As always, I ask that you please limit comments in this thread to meltdowns from opposing boards. Thanks! Yes, North Texas actually does have a message board, and it's called "gomeangreen.com"

OU PPV 42, UNT 21

Don't kid yourself. This season is not going to have some miracle turnaround. So it's time to decide if you can stomach the losses. 6 wins is a possibility but only if the conference sucks. Point being we all have to decide what kind of fan we are because there will be no championships
    Hey we are in c-usa now #hit6 and we are going to a bowl
    It looks like a bunch of my friends and I are having a go a football when it should actually look like a division 1 team. I mean aren't these kids being paid in free tuition? Don't they have something to play for?
    I am not ready to accept that we were terrible for a decade, have one good year, and are all of the sudden rebuilding again
    Hey morons, this is why you need a QB that can throw the forward pass
    3-9 staring you in the face if you don't FIND A QB, COACH!!
    I want my season ticket money back
    Any of you idiots still think we win 9?
    I kinda like this guys Oscar the Grouch attitude. I mean, who didn't love Oscar? It's a funny bit

vCash

Note: As always, I ask that you please limit comments in this thread to meltdowns from opposing boards. Thanks! And now, two teams that probably would love to be in the big 12...
    BYU 33, Houston 25

Another year of mediocrity awaits us
    Not just another year, we have YEARS of this left. Levine is not going to lose enough games to get fired, but he's not going to win enough to turn us into anything special. Welcome to mediocrity for the foreseeable future
    Nobody wants to go to another weak *** bowl game
    We got our *** kicked in that weak *** bowl game
    Im bringing "fire levine" signs to the games from now on till he gets canned
    Don't bring your sign. Bad enough we stand up at games. You'll probably give someone a heat stroke by blocking wind movement. Seriously, think of the others.

Why do I feel like this season is paralleling an abortion debate????

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Shaggy Bevo on Charlie Strong Presser:

Originally Posted by CougarRed http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...=1#post7126843
    I could not make heads or tails of Charlie's answer. I thought I was getting the gist, then he threw me a couple of curves. Maybe it was a bad transcription:

On the three-and-out after they forced a fumble in the fourth quarter: Well, what happened is we had been moving the ball with good tempo so we just felt like we could move the ball and get it done and take some time, because if we didn't get first down, we were going to milk the clock and run it down and didn't get the first down, but just the tempo of how was we moving the football, so we stuck to what had us going, and that's how our offense is. People think we can go score, and it just showed this evening.

Charlie speaks like an M. C. Escher drawing. He keeps you trying to figure out what the hell he's talking about while the answer is hidden in there somewhere.
    He is too cerebral for most of us.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

UCLA 20 sa*et 17

from Shaggy Bevo:

Originally Posted by Duck of Death

how is that jack kid not their starting tailback? i haven't heard his name all that much on defense, but he runs like adrian peterson.

The reply

They could have Timmy from South Park carry the ball and he'd still pick up 5.

vCash

Note: Thanks to keeping it going. So as to not forego last weekend entirely...
    UCLA 20, whorn 17

PS: shaggybevo.com is NFSW
    The booze isn't working. I need cocaine
    Our Offense is a retard on a very short bus
    Seriously, kick me in the balls
    I feel like when a chick tells you to stop after you already put it in
    I feel like stunned aggy
    $#@! the refs $#@! watson $#@! thomas
    This game is a better love story than Twilight
    Watson you tittyball puss$#@! blockhead $#@!
    get greg davis outta there
    dasjklljk;asdjkl;fal;djksjkl;al;jkl;dflajk;l;jkl;o qwero[qojhiadl/nxc ljksdjo p'ap'af 'jp;ds'
    Basks iis a quicks ahzuzkams sheiks snaking ahdnsnaksne shaksozndnskakqyq a disks
    $#@! you Bama melt down. $#@! you Shawn Watson. $#@! you Landry from Friday night lights. $#@! you SoCal fgts
    Next week let's work on the coin flip
    Goddamn $#@!ing $#@! $#@! whore. $#@! Jim mora's $#@!. $#@!.
    Coaches completely $#@!ed this up. So $#@!ing pissed off. How does EVERY FAN AT HOME know what to do (RUN THE CLOCK) but our coaches let them run a total of 20 seconds off. $#@!ing $#@!
    Now I know how ousux felt after last year's RRS. We just got derped
    Aids on my face. Aids on my ***. Aids on my $#@!
    I'd start a $#@! CHARLIE STRONG thread, but you $#@!s would probably just neg me into ban because "bitchassedness" or whatever you $#@!gots like to jerk off about when speaking of the infallible Chalrie Strong
    ok i've had enough whorn

vCash

But Whorn meltdowns are sweet tears of joy to me. They nourish me like manna. They lifteth up my spirit like the Lord's own voice. They raise my thoughts from the prosaic to the sublime. Yea! When the Horned Ones weep and rend their garments, when they tear at their hair and cover themselves with sack cloth and ashes and deny their line for ever and ever, world without end, then my heart is made strong, my eyes clear, my arm mighty and just. When Whorn is thrown down, then I am well, and whole and so is the world.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Amen Bro. Kanto.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Administrator
    vCash

Georgia 35 South Carolina 38

Note: South Carolina had a 3 point lead (35-38) late in the game, and it came down to a 4th & inches play. The following is the Georgia message board (secrant.com) fan reaction prior to, and after the conversation by SC:

4th & inches

It's time for a stop
    One time!
    Who Believes? Go Dawgs Go. Defense is going to stop em this time

I believe!
    We got this sh!t...just one f**king stop
    One time!
    Here we goooo

After the initial 4th down play (a QB keeper), it appeared the Bulldogs may have stopped SC

YESSSSS I FKIN TOLD U
    OH MY JESUS
    f***k Yeah!!!!
    Yessssssssssss
    I just shot a huge load
    Hell yes!!!!!

Then came the measurement, and SC picked up the 1st down by one chain length (locking up the Gamecocks win)

Well, I already knew there was no god but now yea, confirmed.
    God hates UGA
    Wow....
    I can't... I don't... Why....?
    Games over ladies
    Wow. EVeryone on this defense should pretty much hate themselves for like, idk, forever

vCash

Yes, and that's why I decided to not waste a perfectly wonderful UT loss and go a week without a meltdown. But, it is now time for another public shaming...

Arkansas wins, Tech reportedly fires defensive coordinator
    We are getting the BYU speacial
    Thank God for beer
    This is the softest defense I have ever seen. No fire, no "go get em", no leadership. Instead we have a group of 11 guys lining up on the defensive side of the ball acting like tackling dummies
    We are pioneering the frontier of how bad a defense can be
    HA HA LETS PUNT GUYS
    PUNT!? 10 minutes later we'll get the ball back
    We can't stop them, so why not go for it? Wouldn't it be better for them to start at midfield? Wouldn't we get the ball back quicker?
    Tell me again why I didn't bet my 401k on Arkansas +3?
    That crybaby signal looks so f'ing stupid when we are losing
    Can''t take Webb out he is working on his Heisman numbers
    Gawd daaaammmmit
    Lol cool, go deep in 4th and 3, Where was that all game jack ***
    Suck it Arkansas! We have SWAG!
    $3 mil and an extension for this abortion.
    Ok State game is going to be a train wreck. OMG
    If I have to hear CKK say -- "oh, it's on me, it's on me" and still let this garbage persist I am going to lose it
    But wait Kliff's high and tight hair cut looks good with those Raybans
    This game sucked so bad that the meltdown afterward isn't even good on here
    And on that note, badger says...
    FREE BAKER MAYFIELD

vCash

One more Big 12 loser. I must shame them now before they shame us all during basketball season...
    Duke 41, Kansas 3

Futile darkness strikes
    Fat Man betrayed by gangster
    Basketball Rules safe
    Mangino's record actually wasn't all that good guys
    LOL just another brilliant decision from Gill...Oh I mean Weis
    ISU might be somewhat winnable. Maybe. Everyone else should butt hammer us
    I am convinced that Charlie Weis is just Turner Gill in a fat white suit
    I can't wait for more Charlie Weis deserves 5 years threads with incredibly compelling evidence
    The frightening thing is this team, presumably, practices on a regular basis
    Bring in Ken Neomatuhumahumanukunukuapuabitch from Navy
    Our cheerleaders are make theirs look like hobbits
    (Either we are cursed or god doesn't like us or both? What do you guys think?) We suck. No curses or religion involved
    I am curious to how bad a team like ours has to look during the first few weeks of practice.
    I picture something like a kids soccer game with some players drawing in the field and others waving to their parents
    no really charlie, go f@ck yourself
    One thing I have to give Chuck credit for is that there is no shortage of 2nd half quit in his teams
    We are definitively winning 0 or 1 conference game
    Dumpster Fire saunters into room.
    Dumpster Fire sees KU football.
    Dumpster Fire, looking embarrassed, slowly backs out of the room

Answer KU Football.................opens the envelope - (Reads Question) Which is a scum sucking bottom dweller a carp or KU Football?
    The fat man just beat Iowa. Sigh
    FACK THIS TEAM. FACK WEIS. FACK ZENGER. THROW OUT THE BUMS!!
    Meltdown imminent: KU takes on the Central Michigan Chippewas 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Televised by FSN!

vCash

Damn you Auburn now KSU will upset a Big 12 team instead

Auburn 20, KSU misses field goals
    AAAARRRGHGHHH!!!
    How many times do we shoot ourselves in the foot and still have a foot?
    speechless on kicking game..unreal
    Whoever our back up kicker is he has to be better than this
    HOW DO YOU MISS A FIELD GOAL FROM THE FVCKING FIVE YARD LINE??????
    What else is new. Just another choke job for kstate sports
    It gets old blowing golden opportunities to win huge games
    Worst I have felt since the 98 loss in the Big12 Championship Game to aTm. Ugh
    Good grief, this isn't even in the same universe as the '98 title game!
    Maybe we'll not have to kick any field goals against UTEP
    Baylor 2012 felt like a hammer to my Nu&$, but nothing comes even close to 98. I wish that game could be erases from my memory

vCash

Damnit! Snyder crushes my hopes every damn time! He either upsets us or I tune in, get on-board and then they choke.

On a related note: Auburn is going to be treated like a five dollar good-time girl by two or three teams this year. They are not hard to scheme against.

vCash

the schadenfreude is strong with this one

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Damnit! Snyder crushes my hopes every damn time! He either upsets us or I tune in, get on-board and then they choke.

On a related note: Auburn is going to be treated like a five dollar good-time girl by two or three teams this year. They are not hard to scheme against.
    3 missed FG's = 9 points
    1 TD picked off = 7 points
    1 fumble led to Auburn FG = -3

SHOULD have been 30/17 but if's and but's are not candy and nuts....not overly impressed by Auburn. Actually more impressed by ksu...but we get them in Norman
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!