Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dad and I missing home opener :( (first time in 40+yrs)

Well, seems odd to write this post.

Last year, I was bragging about dad being honored on the field for being a long time season ticket holder.

This year, we will miss our first home opener, ever.

Dad has had some problems with his kidneys this week. He is scheduled for a CT scan. My sister (a nurse) seems to think it's kidney stones. Regardless, he is in a lot of pain and we don't want to be far from home (Sand Springs- about 2.5hrs away) and him have a pain attack and be standing there miserable in the north endzone and have to walk back to the car, etc.

You know he's in pain when he agrees (without argument) to watch the game from home. So, just like we did for the Sugar Bowl, we'll have a little party at his house and watch our Sooners kick some a**.

For those of you going, please yell loudly! We want to hear you!! My cousin is going to use the tickets so at least we know we have some rabid fans in our seats.

Boomer Sooner!! and hopefully we're there for the Tennessee game.

vCash

Re: Dad and I missing home opener :( (first time in 40+yrs)

Bless his heart. I wish him well, He prolly just needs a snort of the OVJ
    Enjoy it from home
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry to hear that. But you don't want to chance it with a kidney stone. I had one removed this past July. Missed a concert I had been waiting for a long, long time to see. Wishing him well.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Very sorry to hear that. Hope he makes a speedy and full recovery and that both of you are at the next home game. I promise you that Bob Stoops will give your Dad an excused absence from this game.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Thanks everyone, I will pass along the well wishes.

You're probably right, he needs the OVJ, lol. I'll pass along your prescription suggestion.

Boomer Sooner!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonersweetie View Post
    Thanks everyone, I will pass along the well wishes.

You're probably right, he needs the OVJ, lol. I'll pass along your prescription suggestion.

Boomer Sooner!
    If I had known Sooner I coulda delivered LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    If I had known Sooner I coulda delivered LOL
    LOL

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonersweetie View Post
    LOL
    It prolly wont cure a Stone but it will dayum sure Make ya not care about it LOL

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sendbaht's Avatar
    vCash

AHHHHHHHHHHHH...sending you healing thoughts....

vCash

I'll be praying for him. Hope he will be able to catch the game on tv.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry to hear that. Hope he's up and feeling better soon.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

vCash

Kidney stone = worst pain ever...one of the nurses tending to me a few yrs ago when I had one told me she's had 3 kids and 5 kidney stones...and that she'd rather have 5 more kids than another kidney stone!

Best wishes to you and your Dad. I have my own OU/Dad story to share next week. Aren't fathers that introduce us to Sooner football the best?!

vCash

I'm hoping for a near "perfect" game to help with the healing. A bit of Sooner Magic always seems to help in recovery. Let's all be at the Tennessee Game..

Boomer

vCash

Sincere get well wishes for your dad, blessing to you for your care for your dad and a big Sooners win to make him feel better. Some of our Away game parties are spectacular and hope yours is too.
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

vCash

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. My sister and I are sitting here with him in the living room watching the game!!! He is managing the pain a bit better since he is now on antibiotics.

We definitely are planning to be there for Tennessee!!

Boomer Sooner!!

vCash

Hope you all had a great time at home. I had a kidney stone when I was at OU. Wished I would have died. They finally gave me some pain medication and, honestly, it didn't make it feel better at all. But like the guy above joked, it made me not care about it.

I had a second one 20 years later.

So I literally feel the man's pain. Any chance he'll make it to the Tulsa game? That's not a stretch from Sand Springs. Thanks, BRAD
    Nebraska and Oklahoma made up one of the greatest college football rivalries of all time. They played every year between 1928-97, and two times every four years since then. Their games in the Big Eight decided the conference championship 16 of 19 times between 1970-88. OU leads the series 44-38-3. --The Associated Press, December 1, 2010